User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI-IS250MT View Post
Your automatic is no sports car. Maybe if you had an IS-F or an smg or anything with a quick shifting transmission that is actually remotely fun to drive I would agree with you. Manual being a relic of the past? Take the manual transmission out of the picture and a could percentage of the enthusiests would be devistated. You my friend have signed over to the slush box. I will continue to row my own boat until some robot running off 1,000 computers tells me I can't. And don't tell me I don't know about ECUs or the ones in this car or the failsafe features etc. We haven't been using carbs since the 80s buddy; yeah the systems have become more advanced but don't act like we all haven't been dealing with it the last 20 years.
someone who understands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrost View Post
someone who understands
indeed...
real men drive manuals
post #33 of 80 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[d a n n y]] View Post
indeed...
real men drive manuals
Well...real old men anyway

post #34 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Lurker

anyhow back on the topic
im trying to find a Is250 with vdim and TCS
it seems the australian IS250 Sports Lux (top model) has VIDM and TCS
so i think that'll be a starting base
and is350 motor g box + ecu is around 4-5K USD
post #35 of 80 (permalink) Old 07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[d a n n y]] View Post
anyhow back on the topic
im trying to find a Is250 with vdim and TCS
it seems the australian IS250 Sports Lux (top model) has VIDM and TCS
so i think that'll be a starting base
and is350 motor g box + ecu is around 4-5K USD
I can't speak to how they're optioned in Australia, but VDIM wasn't offered on the IS250 at all (in North America anyway) prior to 2009 models, at which point it was standard on all of them regardless of optioning.

Don't forget to change the rear differential too, since the gearing is different from 250->350

Not sure where you'll get a 350 diff if they don't sell the car there, but you're getting an engine and transmission from someplace, so I suppose the same source might have a diff for you too.
post #36 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 09:54 PM

everytime i come back to look at the my.is forums its always knightshade and some random my.is member arguing over the same topics over and over again... guys knightshade knows what he's talking about so it would be cool if you guys can be nicer and stop trying to be like the guys from honda forums...

and yeah the new autotrannies are definately quicker than most manuals out there
post #37 of 80 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker

lol well
now i am back
with a Sports pack IS250 and a auto
and VDIM :D
so yeah lets see where i can find a is350 motor tranny and whol drive line lol
post #38 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Follower

lol Danny, just go 2j!! haha

And you guys are arguing about nothing, he is in OZ, and we do not get the IS350

OLD: 1999 Pearl White IS200, TRD Elegance Kit, 18" Gramlights 57pro, Goodyear GS-D3: Recaro SRII, Turbosmart E-Boost, CF Steering wheel: 1JZGTE, Haltech E6X, FMIC, 3" Exhaust: Tein EDFC/Flex Coilovers, TRD "Yellow" Sways, JIC/Cusco Strut bars

Current:
1997 RZ Supra, GT35r, 19" TE37, Cusco Zero2E etc etc
2001 NCP13 Vitz RS, Enkei RP01, Fujitsubo Muffler
1988 AW11, 4AGE 20v, Watanabes
post #39 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Lurker

If he wants a 250 with a 350 drive train, swap badges.

|2002|
|IBP|
|e-Shift|
GPS
^^^no more^^^

TRYING TO GET ME BACK INTO ANOTHER IS300!!!! CAN YOU HELP ME?

"I'm The Dude Playing the Dude Disguised as Another Dude" - Kirk Lazarus
post #40 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrost View Post
someone who understands
I oft use the same terminology of slush box, rowing my own boat and flappy paddles. Its like a slightly more irritated double of mine posting.
post #41 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Lurker

I will donate my car so there can be an IS 350 manual.

And when I say donate I mean sell, but yeah.
post #42 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Follower

Knightshade, can't you tell you're talking to people who don't know what they're talking about at all? Reading this whole thing has given me a really good laugh.

Dual clutch automated manuals, and sequential manuals are used in most performance and race cars for a reason. Swapping the 2GR-FSE engine into an IS250 is seriously one of the stupidest things ever. These aren't cheap, simple cars that you can easily modify and make better. They're extremely complicated and precisely manufactured. They are easy to ruin, however.

Also, Australia is getting the 350 http://www.pressroom.com.au/press_re...navSectionID=2
post #43 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KvnChu View Post
guys knightshade knows what he's talking about so it would be cool if you guys can be nicer and stop trying to be like the guys from Honda forums...
well if he would stop acting like a dam jack A$$ all the time maybe ppl would try to be decent when talking to him but he always shoots ppl down like they are sorry P.O.S just cuz the don't know everything like he thinks he does.

Just because knightshade says it cant be done doesn't mean it cant. maybe hes just to much of a giant vagina to attempt it himself and doesn't want anyone proving him wrong.
post #44 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpitkin View Post
well if he would stop acting like a dam jack A$$ all the time maybe ppl would try to be decent when talking to him but he always shoots ppl down like they are sorry P.O.S just cuz the don't know everything like he thinks he does.

Just because knightshade says it cant be done doesn't mean it cant. maybe hes just to much of a giant vagina to attempt it himself and doesn't want anyone proving him wrong.
Maybe he's become cynical from dealing with too much stupidity? I mean look at some of the idiotic posts on here about swapping an IS-F drivetrain into a 2003 GS or this one about swapping the 4GR for a 2GR. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.

There are a lot of people who, apparently, think that being an automotive "enthusiast" means ruining a well-made car by putting all kinds of junk parts that don't actually improve performance, but rather compromise the engineering integrity or reliability of the car.
post #45 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblepigeon View Post
Maybe he's become cynical from dealing with too much stupidity? I mean look at some of the idiotic posts on here about swapping an IS-F drivetrain into a 2003 GS or this one about swapping the 4GR for a 2GR. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done.

There are a lot of people who, apparently, think that being an automotive "enthusiast" means ruining a well-made car by putting all kinds of junk parts that don't actually improve performance, but rather compromise the engineering integrity or reliability of the car.
So what if its a stupid thing to do. Its their shit, their money if they wanna waste it so be it. He doesn't have to harp on the same shit over and over again just tell them once and leave it be. Just like he told me turbocharging an Is350 wasn't plausible running more then 5 psi, he was full of it. The cars running 7.5 psi on the street with 93 octane fuel and doing just find. And yes it has a couple thousand into but the customer loves his car and was happy with the way it turned out.

My point is just because ppl have crazy even stupid ideas doesn't mean he has the right to talk to them like they are retards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page