2jzgte swap on IS250 - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Faster
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Override00 is very well likedOverride00 is very well likedOverride00 is very well liked
2jzgte swap on IS250

I know it was done on a IS350 but that was not done by a normal person on a normal budget.

I was just wondering, anyone has some info on this? Will it be a relatively easy swap just like in the 1st gen? How much power the tranny might hold? Will be better the RWD or the AWD setup?

I guess what Iím saying is that if I get enough info and its viable option then Iíll start working on the project in about 6 months.
Override00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Addict

zachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community member
I have one with a gte motor hooked up to each wheel... its pretty crazy all wheel drive... i can turn... i-n p-l-a-c-e ----its crazy dude... ill post pics later

http://my.is/forums/f115/knock-sensor-314917/

"..if I had to chose her or the sun, I'd be one nocturnal son-of-a-gun..." -GCH
zachMDis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Altruist

2006 ToyDrive Participant
Blue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Override00 View Post
I know it was done on a IS350 but that was not done by a normal person on a normal budget.

I was just wondering, anyone has some info on this? Will it be a relatively easy swap just like in the 1st gen? How much power the tranny might hold? Will be better the RWD or the AWD setup?

I guess what Iím saying is that if I get enough info and its viable option then Iíll start working on the project in about 6 months.
Just get the electric supercharger and call it a day. If that is too much look into the Turbonator. But seriously it is going to cost you a ton of cash and it will not be easy.
Blue99Altezza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Override00 is very well likedOverride00 is very well likedOverride00 is very well liked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue99Altezza View Post
Just get the electric supercharger and call it a day. If that is too much look into the Turbonator. But seriously it is going to cost you a ton of cash and it will not be easy.
Well, how do you know? i mean ... not that i don't believe you, i think it might be expensive too ... but doing a swap to a IS300 is not THAT expensive anymore, so if anyone has some real numbers/reasons about doing the swap to the IS250 I'm all ears.
Override00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Addict

zachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community memberzachMDis is an elite community member
Quote:
Well, how do you know? i mean ... not that i don't believe you, i think it might be expensive too ... but doing a swap to a IS300 is not THAT expensive anymore, so if anyone has some real numbers/reasons about doing the swap to the IS250 I'm all ears.
you're looking at about 300$ for the motor and 350$ for the install... ill install it for you

http://my.is/forums/f115/knock-sensor-314917/

"..if I had to chose her or the sun, I'd be one nocturnal son-of-a-gun..." -GCH
zachMDis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 09-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Aficionado

goldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community membergoldIS is an elite community member
Quote:

doing a swap to a is300 is not that expensive anymore??? can you explain yourself a little more, IM not sure what have changed over the years, even if you are doing all the work yourself, you are looking at about $6000 and another 4-5 on a 6 speed. now, the is300 allready had a 2jz which means its relative easier, How much do you think you need for a is250 when everything needs to be custom????
FULL GTE swap, 6 speed v160, 74mm turbo, custom intake manifold, q45 throttle body,1000 cc injectors, Custom fuel system, 272 hks cams, port and polish head, Individual coils, microtech EMS, 4 inch exhaust, and built botton end.
goldIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 09-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast

fiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community memberfiveohfour is an elite community member
In your scenario, seeing as how you have no idea where to start - your only hope is to drop the car off at a VERY reputable, VERY experienced shop with a HUGE bag with dollar signs on it.

Hope your last name is Warbucks.
fiveohfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 09-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fiend

Robsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community memberRobsdaace is an elite community member
hahaha ^^
Black Leather
6 speed

Hi Profile Car Club
Robsdaace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lurker

dj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leaderdj.khanvict is a recognized community leader
lol the custom motor mounts and all the wiring.. and the tranny swap and all that shit just isnt worth it.... shoulda just bought a is300

its not worth the thousands of dollars...
Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fiend

tha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community membertha_littlest_insane is an elite community member
Hey if you want more power just go with a is350 and supercharge it. It would be cheaper. Trust me

11 Is350 F-sport Ultrasonic Blue Mica - stock (soon to be gone)

08 Is-f Obsidian - working on it.

01 Is300 Black - AEM, DEPO, Megan, Tein, Cusco, Hotchkis, VIS, Koyo, Greddy, HKS, TRD, Altezza, Kazera, BomZ, custom onyx black Altezza style headlights with ccfl. (bye)
tha_littlest_insane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-02-2007, 07:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Enthusiast

siren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community membersiren05 is an elite community member
how much more would it really cost,10-15 thousand maybe 20, isn't that what it would cost to do a boosted build properly?
siren05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Frequenter

yellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrityyellowneck is a community celebrity
the 2nd gen is and first gen is are two completely different platforms. I gte block swap on 1st gen is will cost what replacing a shortblock would cost. Since 2jzgte and 2jzge ar dimensionaly the same.

Swaping in a six speed v160 or v161 into a 1st gen is going to require custom brackets and what not. This is not an easy install and should be left to the pro shops that do this kind of work on a consistent basis.

Either scenario doing a swap like that on a 1st gen will cost roughly as follows:

labor time for short block will be about 19 hours at the labor rate the shop charges.

the tranny swap will be roughly 8 hours at the same labor rate.

cost of gte shortblock is roughly 2500 brand new

cost of v160 or v161 is roughly 4500 or so.

so 27 hours of labor at 89/hr(national average for labor rate) is about 2700 there will also be shop fees on top of this

that comes out to roughly 9700 before shop fees and taxes and still does not include the turbo setup( this will include price on parts and labor to bend pipes for the turbo kit and some sort of engine management)

so doing this swap on a 1st gen is not cheap in anyway.

Now take the new platform in 2nd gen IS. This will require custom built engine mounts, custom built tranny mounts, custom made harness, engine management that has to be custom taylored for this application, cost of engine and trans, custom built drive shaft, custom shifter to fit new paltform, etc...

My shop can do this but we will require a 15k deposit, car to be at shop for at least 3 months, and this car will never be legal in the US. if engine is swapped anything other than original it must be same year or newer and an available engine in the vehicle line.

the 15k does not include cost of parts.

This swap is not for the feint of heart nor is it for anything other than racing purposes.
yellowneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Altruist

is300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community memberis300tt is an elite community member
i actually swapped one of these in my car its fast as shit....traded a pig and a sack of rice for it!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Guru

III 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community memberIII 4U2NV III is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by is300tt View Post
i actually swapped one of these in my car its fast as shit....traded a pig and a sack of rice for it!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Follower

Japsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community memberJapsfinest is an elite community member
I plan on doing this swap one day. I figure God forbid it from happening but one day if I ever hit a wall or wreck the car beyond recognition. i would like to find a donor 250 or 350 shell. and swap my 2j and standalone over to the new body. i expect that it will cost me roughly 5K in fabrication and all of the parts that are left over from my first gen IS

v1.0-2003 Stock 2JZGE VVTi N/A
v2.0-1999 JDM Swap 2JZ-GTE VVTi TT
v3.0-Built 2JZ GTE VVTi Single Turbonetics BPU
v4.0-Built 2JZ GTE non-VVTi Single Schwitzer APU++
Japsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)