Volo Performance Chip - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Fast Stuff
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

s350 is an unknown at this point
Volo Performance Chip

Has anyone installed the Volo performance chip? If so did it work? The company claims a gain of 23 HP to IS350 with Intake and Exhaust.
s350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sofa King Awesome

my.IS Supporter
EyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community memberEyeEss is an elite community member
lies.
EyeEss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Patriot

AznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community memberAznStrike is an elite community member
Never heard of them.. E-bay maybe?
AznStrike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Crester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community member
Wouldn't the intake and exhaust alone give you the gains???

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
Crester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Extremist

Knightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by s350 View Post
Has anyone installed the Volo performance chip? If so did it work? The company claims a gain of 23 HP to IS350 with Intake and Exhaust.
An intake gives you 5 alone. An exhaust gives you between 7 (for a legal one) and 12 for an illegal one. That adds up to 17.

The other 6 is possible using a 50 cent resistor from radio shack to lie to the ECU about the incoming air. It's not very good for the car, and the ECU will correct back and remove the gain after 50-100 miles.

But it doesn't stop suckers from spending $50 and up on these "mod chips" on ebay all day long and making some smart guy talking up his 50 cent resistors as being worth $50 a lot of money.
Knightshade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sincityis300 is an unknown at this point
Yeah I haven't head of them but gotta say I would just put a intake and exhaust on and get about the same gains
Sincityis300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

w1ck3d is an unknown at this point
none of the chips will do you anything useful..better off with the intake and exhaust
w1ck3d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lurker

w1ck3d64 is an unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ck3d View Post
none of the chips will do you anything useful..better off with the intake and exhaust
whoops didn't realize that was my old account lol
Fujita ShortRam :: HKS HiPower (Silenced) :: Redouts :: 32% all around :: Polarg J-53 6000k Puddles :: MTEC 4350k DRL :: V-LEDS 26 SMT LEDs Parking Light :: LED interior :: Blue LED Door Courtesy Lights :: 6000k lows :: 6000k HID fogs :: GFX Front Lip :: JUN-TW Roof Spoiler

Future Mods: springs and sways (fsport), painted calipers w/ stickers
w1ck3d64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member08mica is an elite community member
There is no software company out there as of yet that has cracked the codes to the engince ecu. No legit chips sexist

2008 IS 250 6MT X-Package, 19K miles for $28,000
Mazzuri headers, joe Z, Fs port sway, LED interior, LED tails, K&N.
08mica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fig
THE MAKER

my.IS Supporter
Fig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mica View Post
There is no software company out there as of yet that has cracked the codes to the engince ecu. No legit chips sexist
Well that is not 100% true as MHP has been able to crack the ISF ECU. But the gains were like 19HP and $4500. Unlike many other cars, the Factory tune is pretty critical with DI. The big constraint the manufacturers run up against is the EPA. So the largest gains will be had with cat removals and possible intake mods. Though I do not see much on the intake side that would justify the price other than the sound personally.

Fig
Fig is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Extremist

Knightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig View Post
Well that is not 100% true as MHP has been able to crack the ISF ECU. But the gains were like 19HP and $4500.
I didn't follow the F stuff much... but they _claimed_ they could do it for the 350, then just stopped responding to questions about it when people asked for specifics, or offered their cars to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig View Post
The big constraint the manufacturers run up against is the EPA. So the largest gains will be had with cat removals and possible intake mods. Though I do not see much on the intake side that would justify the price other than the sound personally.

Fig
Huh?

Removing the cats provides nearly 0 gain. Modern cats aren't especially restrictive and haven't been for years. Pulling the secondary cats is 1-2 hp... pulling the primaries was about 0 (with the mazzuri 350 headers)

Intakes there's slightly more to gain on the 2IS, and by slightly more I mean 3-5 horsepower.

There's simply not much to gain -anywhere- on the IS350... axle-backs manage 7 hp but run 700-1400 new... full exhausts manage 10-12 hp if you don't mind not being legal and paying 1500+ for em... and that's about it.

If there was easy hp to add on the ISx50 engine Lexus would probably have done it already on the 09 refresh to make the 2IS look sexier compared to the HP bumps Infiniti put out going G35->37 (or show a little more space between the IS350 and the 335i for rated hp...)
Knightshade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fig
THE MAKER

my.IS Supporter
Fig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community memberFig is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
I didn't follow the F stuff much... but they _claimed_ they could do it for the 350, then just stopped responding to questions about it when people asked for specifics, or offered their cars to try it.

Huh?

Removing the cats provides nearly 0 gain. Modern cats aren't especially restrictive and haven't been for years. Pulling the secondary cats is 1-2 hp... pulling the primaries was about 0 (with the mazzuri 350 headers)

Intakes there's slightly more to gain on the 2IS, and by slightly more I mean 3-5 horsepower.

There's simply not much to gain -anywhere- on the IS350... axle-backs manage 7 hp but run 700-1400 new... full exhausts manage 10-12 hp if you don't mind not being legal and paying 1500+ for em... and that's about it.

If there was easy hp to add on the ISx50 engine Lexus would probably have done it already on the 09 refresh to make the 2IS look sexier compared to the HP bumps Infiniti put out going G35->37 (or show a little more space between the IS350 and the 335i for rated hp...)
yes, this is true about modern Cats but none the less it is a probably the biggest restriction albeit slight, its a dynamic loss....I had not followed the mazzuri threads on the header, but based on a guy that had them installed locally, he actually lost power. So that could be design detail and not the Cats necessarily. The bottom like is that it is tuned critical and dependable. They did a good job and it will continue to get less and less bolt on freindlymoving forward with the eco push. The OEM's have megatons more research to make power than the aftermarket and still achieve reliability.
Fig is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 09-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

bimmer4life2009 is an unknown at this point
Don't waste your money on these. I was thinking about getting a performance chip too, but it looks like these things don't do crap. I was reading this performance chip article about it, and it looks like these things don't work at all

Last edited by bimmer4life2009; 09-21-2009 at 02:12 PM.
bimmer4life2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

mikeps3speed is an unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4life2009 View Post
Don't waste your money on these. I was thinking about getting a performance chip too, but it looks like these things don't do crap. I was reading this performance chip article about it, and it looks like these things don't work at all
Hey very interesting article. I got screwed myself too. Paid $40 for one of these and it didn't do crap
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)