post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowse View Post
I have one question for Apynckel.

Did you buy it?
I have not yet, no. I do not have a need for it with my vehicle as it is simply a highway cruiser at this point. Maybe if I decide to start tracking it I will consider purchasing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does the IS-F or F-Sport come equipped with the chassis brace?
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 04:06 PM

They do not come equipped with it

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowse View Post
I have a 2011 IS 350 F Sport on the way and am looking for opinions on F sport suspension mods. I am wondering if I should get the rear chassis brace or the front and rear sway bars, or both! Opinions? Im not a gear head but love agressive driving.

Thanks!!

I think its noticable the rear sway is for sure the most noticable. But they all help with the creaks.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Lurker

I happened to look under the car. It comes from the factory with a chassis brace and was told the f-sport brace weighs around 10 pounds. I'm going to have the f-sport brace installed and will let you know if it helps. I doubt the weight penalty will be that severe since it will replace the stock brace.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 01:39 PM
Lurker

The chassis brace will arrive on Tuesday. I'll let you know if there's any real difference.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 224 Post(s)

I realize this might not be my "place," given that I'm a first-gen owner, but too bad

In general terms, adding one brace here or one brace there won't make a night and day difference. Braces should work in tandem with each other, with an overall goal of improvement. People that say braces made a significant difference are usually the ones who have braces strategically placed so that they compliment each other.

Luke 6:41-42.
-------------------
Proud to represent JCE10MW. You won't find a better group of car guys.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Lurker

Its the Lexus F-Sport Chassis Brace. I'm hoping that it keeps the car "tight" as it ages.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 07:00 AM
Lurker

I should get my car back this Thursday. It will have the chassis brace installed. The brace's shipping weight is 15 pounds... If you subtract the weight saved from removing the stock brace then the additional weight is probably minimal. I'm guessing 7 pounds....
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 08:20 AM
Lurker

I got my car back late yesterday afternoon and here are my immediate observations. Virtually zero body twisting when pulling into my driveway or during off camber turns up hill, instant response to steering changes (rear tracking is 100% in sync) and more composed over ruff pavement.
Poke_IS300 likes this.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APynckel View Post
Because rigidity of a chassis and the harmonics of a chassis are not the same thing.

Anyone who denies outright the beneficial aspects of a structural piece that more firmly ties together opposing sides of a vehicle (which would otherwise only be connected by an arch over a driveshaft) with a space truss, is not very well informed in the fields of structures or harmonics. There is flex that would be negated with this brace in place, and the overall harmonics of the car would be changed. Whether that's for the better, Lexus should test and release data (since they decided to release this part as an "upgrade").
Yeah i agree, Chassis bracing helps maintain it's rigidity over time that i do believe.

If you guys should been their when we removed the old roll cage from the SRT IS300 drag car. The Car was do for an upgraded full roll cage, which the old one had minimal bracing, when we started to sawzall the old one out the damn car chassis started to flex make all kinds of sounds and the old roll cage literally popped out of place on the final cutting of it main supporting bar. That right their was proof of how much the chassis flexed and how much the roll cage was really keeping the car chassis aligned.

When the old one was installed it wasn't forced into place, it was placed in and welded down.

i still believe in reinforcement bars and chasssis stiffeners. Remember, if a manufacture only had car enthusiast in mind when building these cars. It would be braced the fudged up. Enough where their wouldn't be useful cargo space. Since your average consumer automobile are not built as a race car or racing in mind their isn't a need for proper or complete bracing. Only "just enough" bracing to get the job done while maximizing interior and exterior space for your average consumer who doesn't care for race/full spec bracing.

i would say struct braces would do more for suspension support for struts than most other bracing and center chassis bracing. Reducing strut tower flexing. its more so sharing the load reducing stress on components working individually. doesn't mean you're track times may go up, but the overall health of the chassis would be improved.

when i used to drive my old SC300 after repeated trips on a back alley way i uneven pavement with pot wholes the interior panels would start to flex loudly due to chassis flex. which had never done that before during the first week on this street, but after several trips. it was getting worse and some panels you can see became a little misaligned at the seams.

Heck 350z's and civic Si's have struct brace bars from factory.

i have a rear Cusco brace installed on my car.

MY IS is Boosted with imagination by Sesame Street Performance (lol)
HKS DLI ignition box, PHR alternator 230amp or 250amp peak idk, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Brain Crower 264 cams, SRT Intake with RaceECU, Fidinza adjustment Cam-gear Exhaust set 0, Mishimoto Engine&Trans radiator+hoses, megan racing y-pipe, OEM FRS 4.10 rear Torsen LSD diff, greddy EVO2 cat-back, SSR type CRS wheels, Tokico Illumina 5-way shocks, Cusco blue swaybars and chassis stiffiners..... Doin that all motor build
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 11:08 AM
Lurker

I've had the car back for a few days. The chassis brace is well worth the purchase. Corning at low or hight speeds is a joy in this car now. Its feels stable and planted to the road. Going fast is great, but taking a turns slow or fast is more enjoyable.

Which strut tower brace is recommended?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page