f sport exhaust question please help - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

f sport exhaust question please help

I bought a new 2010 lexus is350c yesterday and im looking at getting the f sport exhaust for this car. I traded my 2008 evo x in on this car and the buschur racing cat back i had on that car blew soot all over the back of the car (car did this with factoy cat still installed). With the is350c being a convertable with white interior i am curious if the f sport exhaust will blow soot all over the back of the car and possible get into the back seats with the top down. Has anyone had any experience with this system? Any help would be appreciated. If this exhaust will cause the car to spew soot are there any aftermarket exhausts that will not? Also will running a mid pipe make a difference? Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 PM

F-sport Exhaust question

Hey,

Well actually I had the same question. I asked the dealer about it as well. I have 2010 IS250 Starfire pearl. I was concerend about exhaust or soot coming out as well. As long as your servicing your car at the appropriate times at about every 7000kms or so, and using premium fuel, the F -sport exhaust shold not cause any problems with soot.

Mind you one annoying thing i found about the IS, is the build up of brake dust on the front rims, which is normal.

Enjoy your ride, are you getting the intake as well??

Thanks Ivan
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Under House Arrest

i would highly doubt youll see any soot in the cabin, even with the convertible. unless you parked in an enclosed area with the car backed up into a well and running for a while and someone revving the motor. even then i highly doubt youll see anything int he car itself.

i have seen an is convertible locally with the full fsport package. the dealer near me sold it with the full sport blacked out package. it looks pretty good. and i see the car a lot. i havent seen any discolored back bumper as of yet.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX_myfirst View Post
Hey,

Well actually I had the same question. I asked the dealer about it as well. I have 2010 IS250 Starfire pearl. I was concerend about exhaust or soot coming out as well. As long as your servicing your car at the appropriate times at about every 7000kms or so, and using premium fuel, the F -sport exhaust shold not cause any problems with soot.

Mind you one annoying thing i found about the IS, is the build up of brake dust on the front rims, which is normal.

Enjoy your ride, are you getting the intake as well??

Thanks Ivan

The brake dust isn't normal once you get the Lexus low-dust pads on there.

Oddly in the US anyway 2010 models should already have them... but since you're using kms I assume you're not in the US, so either they haven't switched over to em for outside the US or they haven't for convertible models (if yours is a C)...

With the low-dust pads it takes weeks before you have even a fraction of the dust that a few days gives you on the high-dust ones.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanished88 View Post
I bought a new 2010 lexus is350c yesterday and im looking at getting the f sport exhaust for this car. I traded my 2008 evo x in on this car and the buschur racing cat back i had on that car blew soot all over the back of the car (car did this with factoy cat still installed). With the is350c being a convertable with white interior i am curious if the f sport exhaust will blow soot all over the back of the car and possible get into the back seats with the top down. Has anyone had any experience with this system? Any help would be appreciated. If this exhaust will cause the car to spew soot are there any aftermarket exhausts that will not? Also will running a mid pipe make a difference? Thanks in advance for any help.
Well im running rich and ive never seen soot in the cabin. The f-sport exhaust is very pleasing in sound compared to many other ehausts out there IMO. I also have the megan mids and they delete the secondary cats if im correct. Now and then I get a little after fire (due to mixture being rich) but still the soot isnt flying around the place.

Seibon Hood + Carbon Fiber Engine cover set + GFX rear + Fabolus Front Lip + ISF LED tail Lights + Carbon Fiber grill + Carbon Wrapped interior + Jun TW rep Carbon Spolier Painted + Megan Mids + F-Sport exhaust + K&N Intake + F-Sport BBK (sold) F-Sport Rear Sway and Niteshaded Emblems soon to be finished with WALD trunk spoiler
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM

I have the F-Sport exhaust on my 350C. The sound is just right and I have seen no evidence of soot or brake pad dust in the car. I drive a lot with the top down.

Question: is it worth the expense to change the air intake?

2011 Tungsten Pearl IS350C
F-Sport exhaust
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJGee View Post
I have the F-Sport exhaust on my 350C. The sound is just right and I have seen no evidence of soot or brake pad dust in the car. I drive a lot with the top down.

Question: is it worth the expense to change the air intake?
Define "worth it"

Some folks find it worth dropping 300-400 bucks to have an intake that makes more noise (I personally don't)

Others find it worth dropping $125 on the Joe Z pipe, which doesn't add much noise by itself, but does add a dyno-proven 5 hp, which is the best bang/buck available of any mod out there ($25 per hp... versus the folks who drop, say, $1200 on an axle-back exhaust to gain 7 hp at a whopping $171 per hp.)

Folks in CA might find it worth spending about ~$300 on an F-sport intake, which is functionally a Joe Z copy so should offer a similar gain, but also had an extra lower airbox hole to make more noise (you can cut your own for free to gain the noise too)... but more importantly for folks who might find this choice "worth it" is that it's the only intake actually legal in California.... folks outside CA won't care about that part.

So worth it depends on what you consider worthwhile.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 10:22 PM

no soot nice sound get it!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the analysis. I agree that spending $300-$400 for an intake does not seem justified. The Joe Z, however, sounds like a better investment. I'm very happy with the F-Sport exhaust. The stock version is far too quiet and the F-Sport is not just about noise. It's well tuned.

2011 Tungsten Pearl IS350C
F-Sport exhaust
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 04:18 PM

I'm looking at the Joe Z intake myself. Not for the noise, I like the current sound, but the 'off the line' HP increase that the my '09 IS250 currently lacks.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 07:31 PM

I am new to this forum as I just bought a 2010 350c and have heard a few people talking about an f sport exhaust. I stopped by the lexus dealer in calgary and they had no idea what I was talking about and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions around how I can get an f sport exhaust as I have only found a magnaflow
and am concerned it would be a bit too loud. Appreciate any thoughts or ideas. Thanks. Rod.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 04:01 PM

Hi I am new to the site and have been searching for an exhaust for my 2010 350C and not having much luck. It sounds like the only exhaust that will fit is the F sport, however the Lexus dealer in Calgary indicated that there is no F sport exhaust available for 2010 - 2013 350C. Any suggestions or contacts would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Rod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page