User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well i had the fujita intake for about a month before i went to the dyno, then i swaped it out for the injen intake, i waited another month then i went to the dyno and thats when i saw the hp n tq increase plus that day it was hot so i was impressed.. anymore questions?

survey says, one more for the good guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badx33 View Post
well i had the fujita intake for about a month before i went to the dyno, then i swaped it out for the injen intake, i waited another month then i went to the dyno and thats when i saw the hp n tq increase plus that day it was hot so i was impressed.. anymore questions?
So you dynoed a car with one aftermarket intake, then a month later dynoed it with a different aftermarket intake, and you're convinced you gained power over stock which you appear to have not dynoed at all?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 07:47 PM

an intake is not gona give you much of a gain that you can feel 5-10 this is probably all at the crank. intake is in all just for a good engine sound when you rev high. yeah it might give you gains but you are not likely going to feel a difference at all. i have fujita and i like it.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
No, it didn't.

The -stock- intake provides more air than the engine can use. There might be a couple hp to pick up from a smoother intake path (how the Joe Z gains anything) but no way you gain that much from a hot air intake with an open element. Especially not on a 250.

I could certainly see some unscientific testing that makes it look that way though.
I agree. the stock setup is a ram air set-up, no cold air can compete with that. just get a drop in K&N, blitz, HKS filter (un-oiled-to save the MAF). the only way to really improve on the stock set-up is a Joe-Z or anything that smoothes out the OEM airways.

My last car was a TDI jetta. and there were several different dynos done, and the OEM airbox had more airflow-there's a TDI golf that is like ranked 4th on the rally circuit (only diesel, and only stock chassis in his class), and still uses the OEM airbox (www.kermatdi.com). All the dynos you see are on a standard dyno. it may show a little increase, but remember that is with no air movement. The OEM stuff was designed to perform with the car moving, the other stuff wasn't.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 05:23 PM

Can anyone tell me if the INJEN intake fit 2008 IS250?
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:19 PM

the increased pipe length makes more of a difference than where the air comes from..............................
Shadowfax65 likes this.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 11:52 AM

K&N on IS350

Put the typhoon on this morning, sounds great and gives a small but noticeable performance difference. The car is a bit snappier in the lower and mid rpm ranges. A lot of folks on here claim that CAI's dont do much, I dont think most people know how to interpret the data on a Dyno sheet. K&N did their base line runs and modded runs under nearly identical atmospheric conditions which is as it should be. I waited for a day like the one they used to do the mod and go out and road test the car. The claim of 12 rwhp and 10 ft lbs is correct given the conditions of the tests, on different days it wont be so. My opnion is that for $292 ( including tax and shipping) and about an hour of my Sunday morning the CAI was worth ever penny.

Last edited by Shadowfax65; 05-08-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page