IS350 pix/FIRE MIST COLOR OR Matador REd, both look totally diff PLEASE READ - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frequenter

My02GrApHiTeIS300 is an unknown at this point
IS350 pix/FIRE MIST COLOR OR Matador REd, both look totally diff PLEASE READ

I went to TOL in miami and saw the red car in the tent the pic is below on the left...but this color however looks NOTHING like the matador red mica or the "red" color they have in all these articles n postings and the pic posted on the right....what is the deal are there two red colors cuz ppl at the show called it fire mist.....so what color is this in my pic??? my red cars and the other one from autospies dont look nothing alike...the one wev all seen looks burgundy in pix...the car i personally is a total red metallic...whas the deal?
_____
I called Lexus and they said it could be very possible they made that candy apple red color named Fire Mist just for the prototype....but why on earth would they do that? The red on the left in my pix is what i wan and matador red is not the name of it, matador from what i understand is on the very right...what can i do to get this color and why would lexus do that?
Attached Thumbnails
IS350 pix/FIRE MIST COLOR OR Matador REd, both look totally diff PLEASE READ-img_0357.jpg   IS350 pix/FIRE MIST COLOR OR Matador REd, both look totally diff PLEASE READ-burg.jpg   IS350 pix/FIRE MIST COLOR OR Matador REd, both look totally diff PLEASE READ-img_0351.jpg  

Last edited by My02GrApHiTeIS300; 10-13-2005 at 07:04 AM.
My02GrApHiTeIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2005, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Patriot

Flipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community member
Matador Red is the official name of that color.

THE PURSUIT OF PERFECTION.
Flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-13-2005, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Patriot

Flatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community memberFlatline IS is an elite community member
Matador Red is a metallic, almost gangster flake red. Its OK, but its no Auburn Sky Pearl.

Even my car looks like its different colors in different pics. Probably just the camera and ligthing playing tricks with you.

2005 Mercedes E55 (500+hp)
Black Opal (for now) 20" Vossens w/ Toyo Rubber
1964 Cadillac ElDorado Convertible
Candy Apple Green, 22" NC Forged Wheels, Air Ride, etc...
Flatline IS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline IS
Matador Red is a metallic, almost gangster flake red. Its OK, but its no Auburn Sky Pearl.

Even my car looks like its different colors in different pics. Probably just the camera and ligthing playing tricks with you.
the point is i saw the first two pics in person and can someone agree that, those two pics are NOT the matador red mica??? cuz the color looks the same as the pics but yet the pic next to it is what everyone says is matador red mica and the two colors have TOO MUCH of a obvious difference to call it a lighting issue or camera issue specially when iv seen the RED one
Old 10-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Patriot

Flipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community memberFlipside909 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by My02GrApHiTeIS300
the point is i saw the first two pics in person and can someone agree that, those two pics are NOT the matador red mica??? cuz the color looks the same as the pics but yet the pic next to it is what everyone says is matador red mica and the two colors have TOO MUCH of a obvious difference to call it a lighting issue or camera issue specially when iv seen the RED one
The two pics are Matador Red Mica. For one, the pics of you with the car are distorted by two artificial sources of light. 1) The flash from the camera, and 2) the indoor lighting in that tent.

Old 10-13-2005, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipside909
The two pics are Matador Red Mica. For one, the pics of you with the car are distorted by two artificial sources of light. 1) The flash from the camera, and 2) the indoor lighting in that tent.
so then what is color of that third pic i pasted from autospies cuz TRUST ME i saw the RED IN PERSON with my own eyes and regardless of color and flash it is TRUELY RED and NOT a burgundry or cranberry red like MRM is suppose to be ...i cant explain enough that the first two pics show the TRUE RED COLOR ANDTHAT IS EXACTLY how the color looks IN PERSON, and i KNOW THAT COLOR IS NOT MDM

Last edited by My02GrApHiTeIS300; 10-13-2005 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founder

tony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community member
Matador Red which I've seen in person looks nothing like that picture on the left. But we've not heard of another red before - very interesting.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
Matador Red which I've seen in person looks nothing like that picture on the left. But we've not heard of another red before - very interesting.
I love that color and it looks so beautiful you have no idea how nice it looks and i have called corporate and asked as well the only realistic possible answer I got was that it could be a prototype color only since those cars were not actuals. BUT that leads me to ask why on earth would lexus make ONLY ONE color thats not in the lineup and let alone show it all around the country....I love that color I wish you all can see it in person...it is totally amazing. Someone PLEASE Help me i want this color soo bad and its the only color i really love...so there has to be a way to do something about it n get a name of it or call someone who knows something about it
Old 10-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder

tony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community membertony is an elite community member
The color in the middle picture is definitely off, most likely due to the flash - is the middle picture (with you?) the same car as the left pic? Hmmm.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Frequenter

yes it is, just a little off cuz lighting but the pic on the very left is identical color they called it fire mist
Old 10-13-2005, 09:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fiend

Rob L is on the road to fameRob L is on the road to fameRob L is on the road to fameRob L is on the road to fameRob L is on the road to fameRob L is on the road to fame
I saw a red IS last night at the dealership and it looked like it was between the IS with you and the press pic.

I felt it looked awesome...I wonder if it is the same colour you are thinking about.

Hmm...actually after looking at the middle pic more closely I swear that is the colour I saw. Maybe the dealership lights were making it brighter than it is in daylight. I dunno but it wasnt like the right pic.
Rob L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob L
I saw a red IS last night at the dealership and it looked like it was between the IS with you and the press pic.

I felt it looked awesome...I wonder if it is the same colour you are thinking about.

Hmm...actually after looking at the middle pic more closely I swear that is the colour I saw. Maybe the dealership lights were making it brighter than it is in daylight. I dunno but it wasnt like the right pic.
see the thing is the pic on the very left is the most accurate one n is the exact color so help me out somebody
Old 10-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Patriot

Here's Matador Red in the sun. Vehicle is a corporate demo 06 GS430 before it was released on sale in February. Pics courtesy of rpwsrw:

Old 10-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Frequenter

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG that so is the color .........ur a savior bro.... i almost chaged my dam mind cuz i thought they dint mkae that color....so if thats the MRM....wtf is that other color that looks like a cranberry red???? but actually as im writing this i saw the first pic u posted and then the last one and the colors look totally different...so does the color completely change in sun and is it more red or more burgundy? seems like in light it is totally red
Old 10-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by My02GrApHiTeIS300
so if thats the MRM....wtf is that other color that looks like a cranberry red????
That red in the Lexus press photo that autospies tagged their name all over is Matador Red. The photo was taken during dusk (afternoon) so it looks that color. Plus the color balance is a bit off. What a camera picks up from all different sources of light and what you see with the naked are are two different things. Unfortunately, not all camera lenses and lighting conditions will pickup the true definition of color like the naked eye will.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)