Lexus IS Forum banner

HELP 2006 IS350 VSC and ENGINE LIGHT ON

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  braintumor 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

This is my first post on the forum. Please help me out of you guys can. I bought the 350 back in November 2016. Right after purchasing it and driving it 30-40 kms, the VSC light came on with the engine light. When the car would idle it would be very jumpy and the rev would be at random. Also it would be very hard to drive it in the street unless it was on the highway. Found out he had an aftermarket intake on the vehicle. I took it to the Lexus dealership and made them take it out and install the oem intake. After that my Lexus was running smoothly with no lights. After a week of driving, both the VSC and the engine light came back on again. But the car was running smoothly, nothing was wrong with it except the traction control being off making it difficult to drive. I've been driving it for a few months now ( through the winter season) and now I'm done school. So I want to solve this issue once and for all. It's been bugging me every time I look at the dash. If someone has some insight on what this issue is and how I can solve it please let me know. Desperate cry for help. Love this car to much.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.