San Diego Autobody Shops Review Requested.. - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > California
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guru

my.IS Supporter Poker Tournament Player
rllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community member
San Diego Autobody Shops Review Requested..

Got hit last night and the other party is taking full responsibility. Progressive is the company and they have a list of 10 shops they use. My question to you San Diegans is have you used any of these shops and how was the quality? This isn't for the IS, but for my VW R32. Depending on their work though, the IS might go in for a full color change. These are the shops:
EuroTek
Stylers Autobody
Nice n Easy
A&G Autobody
Caliber
A&J USA
Miller Collision
Santee Autobody
Grove Autobody
QualTech Autobody

Thanks in Advance and rep to those that contribute.
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extremist

Kanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community memberKanine21 is an elite community member
Sorry to hear about that Sam!
Hope you weren't injured at all!

Anyway, my suggestion would be to ask you VW dealer if they use any of those shops for their body work/paint. Just run the list by the service supervisor and if he hasn't heard of any of them, maybe look on yelp.com and try to look up each shops reviews.
Sometimes people from the shops will sneak in and write a fake review to bump business, so look for people that are overly enthusiastic in a review.

Good luck bro!

Kane
Kanine21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Patriot

diegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community memberdiegolex is an elite community member
sorry to hear Sam, hope u are all good!

id go to Caliber on Miramar Rd. and talk to my boy Matt, he's a claims adjuster there and he can get u extra work done, and still nothing comes outta yer pocket! plus they got warranty on their paint jobs!

i can roll with you if you want also, just PM me

oh and AJ USA is good also off of Mira Mesa Blvd. they do alot of high end cars

Tein H-tech springs/Teck Grounding Kit/XERD Y-Pipe//Blitz LM filter/Nokya 2500K DRL/Z-Edition grill/Pioneer f-700bt/Vertex fenders/
diegolex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guru

my.IS Supporter
TeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community memberTeCKis300 is an elite community member
Oh man! Guess that's y you're not stopping by today.

I don't have any experience with any of those shops.

But I hope you're fine and your car is made whole again soon!

Full Aristo 2JZ-GTE BPU++ - Getrag v161 - EMU - Brembo BBK - CCW Classics 9F/10.5R - 255/35F - 285/30R - AAR Arms - GReddy Type-S - Hotchkis Sways - Teck Kit - Prolex / Cusco STB - Full ICE - HKS Drager - Prosport Prem Boost/EGT/FP - Innovative LC-1/XD-16 - Goodridge SS - TRD F/R Underbrace - Greddy Profec B Spec II - Megan Toe Arms
TeCKis300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guru

rllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community memberrllinghardis300 is an elite community member
Thanks guys...
diegolex, i'll shoot you a PM...
Old 02-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Frequenter

miubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community membermiubhi856 is an elite community member
Actually, if you are familiar with any body shops that you know and trust, you can take it to them. I used to work at a high end body shop for a little over 5 years and we ran into that problem all the time where ppl think they can ONLY take it to body shops that are suggested by the insurance co. The truth is, they can suggest where you can take it (cause at cretin shops, the insurance adjuster writes the estimates, not the shop it self, and telling what they are willing to pay, there for monopolizing... I got pissed when they would only give me blend time on adjacent panels that were both having to be painted there for cutting my time in half). If they say that they won't do it that way, tell them that's the only place your wanting to have it don't at. They can't dictate where you can take the car, only suggest.

My advice, ask ppl where the best body shop is and do a quality job (by a pant store that sells to them...Surwin Williams, PPG and BASF isn't bad) and go about it that way. There are soooo many things to look for when looking for one, not just the high price, pics etc...Good luck man

04, TCM Sport Design, manual, LSD
- K&N FIPK | Mazzuri l Tanabe Hyper Medalion Exhaust | Greddy cam gear | Ralco Short Shifter | grounding kit | Tein S.Tech | G-Spider wheels. Sold :(

Best of 14.211 @ 97.89 mph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK2JiSw-oBQ
miubhi856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast

Unknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community memberUnknownprophet23 is an elite community member
only legit shop i ever went to in SD was syndicate automotive
CF Cwest Front, Rep Wald Sides, Authentic Molded Wald Rear, Fartman Flat Black Tails (New tails for LCA in the works), Flat Black Heads, CF Hood + Trunk, Kenwood DD w/ iPod hookup, Xerd Pipe, HKS Hiper.
Coming soon: Suede Headliner
Unknownprophet23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Extremist

rvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community memberrvalero is an elite community member
It's a bit North of SD and they are expensive, but the best shop I've ever used is Len's Autobody in Oceanside off hwy 76. The place is huge, and they have an enterprise in the building. Let me know if you want pics.

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
rvalero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fiend

SPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community memberSPProductions is an elite community member
I went thru Qualtech last July, and they did an awesome job on my car. Paint was immaculate, couldn't tell it was ever in an accident.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Loyalist

MIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community memberMIZIKE is an elite community member
Hey Sam, sorry to hear about the R32. I my self have used West Coast Specialties. I've been to AJ USA once and I think they did a good job. Don't remember what they did and for what car though. Also you can take it to any body shop you want. The only difference is with Progressive's preferred locations they start right away with no adjuster to wait for, at least that's what I'm told.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Guru

thanks all, yeah I know I can take the car to anyone I want to. I just wanted feedback from members who've had work done.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Addict

mikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community membermikeeymikee is an elite community member
amatos is great, stay away from carrillos.

SOLD
mikeeymikee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Follower

stirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community memberstirlingw is an elite community member
Pacific Coast:

Vertex USA Vertex USA approved auto body shop: Pacific Coast Auto Body

they do great work, you should be fully satisfied once you get your car back

+ 2JZ-GTE IS300 +

stirlingw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Follower

kaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community memberkaizojce is an elite community member
Guys / Gals - Call to SDCS - Welcome to SDCSOnline.com (to see some of their projects). They will take care of you the best... . They do the majority of the SEMA and show cars in the area, and always back up their work. Had a couple cars done their myself - magazine cover cars... Aside many other magazine cars and high end shops use them
kaizojce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

wildta is an unknown at this point
I can tell you where not to go, Penske Collision on Balboa Ave. Really bad experience I'm going through right now. Wish I would have done my research before hand. I would have came across this thread.

My experience currently being discussed here: Bumper damage estimate of $700. How is the repair done? Am I getting ripped off?
wildta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > California

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)