My baby.. is he okay? - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS250 Owner's Forum
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

ChristineGee is an unknown at this point
My baby.. is he okay?

i was careless today, and crashed my baby in to the car in front of me. They stopped short, I was driving fast and close. :/ Can someone tell me if this is bad.. if he's totaled and I can't reverse the damage? I'm so upset. This is my car I paid for it, not my parents therefore it's my baby. If someone has any input help me please. I'm so willing to pay whatever I have to make him okay. :/

I have more photos if needed. Radiator looked intact though, damage to motor wasn't visible, undercarriage looked well also. SO UPSET RIGHT NOW.

Last edited by ChristineGee; 04-03-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added photo
ChristineGee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter
jasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community member
Sorry to hear about the accident, hopefully everyone is ok, which is the main thing. As for the car it's hard to say. What year is it and mileage? Anyways, I'm no insurance adjuster, but it seems the majority of the damage is to the body. Whether they total it or not will be based on it's value verses expenses to repair. Just from the pic alone, the damages could be well above $6k-$8k if repaired at a shop.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lurker

mikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community membermikeyk02 is an elite community member
Dammmmmmmmmn that bad boy is done. Sorry for your accident, but glad to hear you're okay. Cars can be replaced.

Just looking at it, you've got a long road ahead. If you're trying to fix it...you're looking at an entire front end. fenders, hood, headlights, grilles etc....Not to mention, if there's any frame damage. I wouldnt say all is lost...but that's a long road ahead. You're looking at a good 8K to fix that
mikeyk02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Enthusiast

Nyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community memberNyke is an elite community member
Hope you have full coverage. Just be glad you walked away.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.com App
Nyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

ChristineGee is an unknown at this point
I went to Lexus' Collision department Wednesday and the guy that looked at it said he doesn't consider it totaled. But, once again, he isn't the guy that will ultimately decide my cars fate. I'm waiting on the insurance adjuster to go and take a look at it. How long do you think this should even take? It's been 2 days and I haven't heard a word yet from them. And now, I'm officially being sued by some stupid guy that didn't even get a scratch on his car. He is suing me for "soft tissue damage". I can't get a break. -.- If I were in that guys position I wouldn't even bother suing someone. I didn't see damage done to his car. People these days don't even care.

Anyway, @MikeyK02 you're right about how much it'll cost to fix. And I'm willing to dish out the money. I will do anything to fix my car D:
ChristineGee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

lexusssssss is an unknown at this point
Man it's totaly nothing :O I can't hear that the insurence company can make decison to totaled this car! Im glad im not from US

Can you give us some pictures with open hood?

What i see so far theres hood, bumper and lights to change, so what is that?! Maybe there will be need to fix front frame a lite and thats all...

Is it real that the insurence company can totaled car with slighty damege like those ones? O.o

And i would be pleased if someone give me link to service manual, becouse i also have is250awd here, in europe
and sorry for my english
lexusssssss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Addict

Contra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community memberContra is an elite community member
it's only considered totaled if the cost to repair is greater than the value of the car
Contra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lurker

ozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community memberozone is an elite community member
Depends on the Insurance company. Generally, if the repair cost is 75% or more of the value of the car.
From the pictures, it does not appear as a total loss.
Which means it will be repaired and you will have some nice non OEM parts installed on your car.
ozone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
rockin hella flush 22"s

Roundtable Panelist
-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineGee View Post
I went to Lexus' Collision department Wednesday and the guy that looked at it said he doesn't consider it totaled. But, once again, he isn't the guy that will ultimately decide my cars fate. I'm waiting on the insurance adjuster to go and take a look at it. How long do you think this should even take? It's been 2 days and I haven't heard a word yet from them. And now, I'm officially being sued by some stupid guy that didn't even get a scratch on his car. He is suing me for "soft tissue damage". I can't get a break. -.- If I were in that guys position I wouldn't even bother suing someone. I didn't see damage done to his car. People these days don't even care.

Anyway, @MikeyK02 you're right about how much it'll cost to fix. And I'm willing to dish out the money. I will do anything to fix my car D:
Ah litigious society...I hate people.

When youre involved in a crash, immediately take pictures of the cars and if you can get video of the other driver that would also be great. Sadly, in our society, its a quick $10,000 payday from insurance if you get in an accident. Drives not only our insurance costs up but can literally destroy peoples lives. All because pieces of shit want a quick payday for something that cant be proved or is just a part of life. (Oh you got a bruise, so sorry) There is also an assumed risk that you will die every time you get into a car so be glad you DIDNT die and move on dude. Dont sue someone.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Follower

Cheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community member
For me, if it doesn't get totaled, I would have the car get fixed up and sell it or trade it in for a new car. New Lexus. I hate the feeling of driving around a banged up car that got fixed and patched up. Cause it will not be perfect as factory condition.

This is why I drive very carefully when I drive mine. Never ever follow too closely to vehicles front of you and always look over your shoulders with turn signal lights before changing lanes.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

lexusssssss is an unknown at this point
It's very secular thinking! If repairs are done in good car service there's no quality drop even if you use no oem parts! It's also depends on nature of damage ofc...

However i can understand your point of view-we are like a little children who want he's toy to be completely perfect But it's not how the reality is working...
lexusssssss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fokai 1008

Adam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community memberAdam P is an elite community member
where do you live? If they total it you can buy it back..then sell to me lol
Adam P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Follower

Cheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community memberCheez is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusssssss View Post
It's very secular thinking! If repairs are done in good car service there's no quality drop even if you use no oem parts! It's also depends on nature of damage ofc...

However i can understand your point of view-we are like a little children who want he's toy to be completely perfect But it's not how the reality is working...
No quality drop? That's a non-sense. When you go through body repair shops there will always be something either go wrong after the repair or will have color finish and panel alignment issues. One side will have larger or uneven door and fender gap, as well as the headlight and front fender. If the car had frame damage that's even worse. Some body shop will do better job than others but they can't meet factory condition perfectness. If it doesn't get totaled, I would get it fixed and sell or trade in. Driving a nice car like new Lexus I wouldn't want to be driving something that had gone through severe damage.

And you can make reality working by, like I said earlier, get the banged up car fixed, and sell it or trade it in for a new Lexus. Cars are replaceable, but humans can't. Now that's reality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS250 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)