Here is a list of all Bulletins that you and your dealer may need to fix your car! - Page 6 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Geezer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Check for leaks after the MAF. This would give an incorrect reading to the ECU and make the engine sluggish.

MOLON LABE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey Brian

I started to hear a rattle on cold starts for 08 IS 350.
Is there a SB # for the fix.
Dealers usually try not to tell people about this until the warranty expires.

Thanks

Jimbo 350
post #78 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

yeah, that's the cam gear rattle... free fix under powertrain warranty

post #79 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
Any power gains are entirely in your imagination- no intake adds enough power to make a noticeable difference in anything but sound on the 2IS. (quite a lot of folks mistake louder for faster though)

Ditto the throttle response if the intake is installed properly (which would be the first thing I'd check- to insure there's not some small leak somewhere in the intake path from something not quite tight enough).

The stock intake already provides more air than the engine is capable of using... it's not like an after-market one now magically provides "extra" air the car doesn't know how to deal with... (that's what the MAFS is for after all).... and thus an aftermarket exhaust, while it'll also add a small few hp, isn't "necessary" for anything else to work properly.
maybe the hp is minor (even though they promise up to 19hp gain) I can still feel that it pulls better.......
I should DINO it just for the heck of it.
u know any place in Bk by any chance?
thx
post #80 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartkat View Post
Check for leaks after the MAF. This would give an incorrect reading to the ECU and make the engine sluggish.
I had it off for a few days now, cause I took it to dealer (right before the warranty expires) and had them refinish all my wheels at no charge...they look like new now.
I will reinstall it 2morrow and check everything again, even though I did it twice before and checked everything a few times before starting the car.
thx
post #81 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpruser View Post
maybe the hp is minor (even though they promise up to 19hp gain)
They lie. No intake adds even half that.

Quote:
I can still feel that it pulls better.......
No, you really, really can't. You're talking about, maximum for any intake, a hp difference of 1-2%. You can't "feel" that. You hear more noise and think it's faster. It's a common thing, but that's all it is.

If you had earplugs in, and we did a blind A/B test of stock versus your intake, you'd be incapable of reliably picking which was which. I promise.

Quote:
I should DINO it just for the heck of it.
u know any place in Bk by any chance?
thx

In Brooklyn?

Ralph & John Auto
1323 65th St.
Brooklyn , 11219
718-837-3093

For NY in general you can check:

http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/....aspx?state=NY

Note that a dyno isn't really a great way to test an intake... because it's a device designed to operate when the car is moving, with the hood closed... and when you dyno it the hood is open (totally changes airflow) and the car is stationary (which also impacts temps and airflow). But even then, dynoed properly, you won't see more than a 1-2% hp gain from any intake. Anyone who claims more is lying to sell you their intake...and you can usually tell they're doing so- either because they show you 'stock' dyno that's way lower than every other stock dyno ever done by objective people...or because you can see an obvious mistake in how they did the test (ie there's an obvious shift spike in the graph, they did it in the wrong gear, etc)
post #82 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I had it off for a few days now, cause I took it to dealer (right before the warranty expires) and had them refinish all my wheels at no charge...they look like new now.
I will reinstall it 2morrow and check everything again, even though I did it twice before and checked everything a few times before starting the car.
thx
Wow how did you get them to refinish your wheels under warrenty? I've seen some factory wheels from up there that look pretty grungy because of the salt, but I had no ideas that was covered under warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page