Alignment problems anyone? // Bridgestone tire swap discussion... - Page 3 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

During an extended trip over the 4th of July I noticed the IS 350 pulling to the right. Not violent... but enough to force the driver to maintain corrections.

The car has under 4K miles, so when I take her in for service this issue will be on the list.

I'll advise on the outcome.

2006 Lexus IS 350 Tungsten Pearl NAV/ML/Luxury
2006 Porsche Boxster Atlas Gray Metallic
2004 Nissan 350Z GReddy TT Silverstone
2004 Ford F150 Extended Cab 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KShep
During an extended trip over the 4th of July I noticed the IS 350 pulling to the right. Not violent... but enough to force the driver to maintain corrections.

The car has under 4K miles, so when I take her in for service this issue will be on the list.

I'll advise on the outcome.
Thanks for the status report... good luck! I'm getting a 2nd set of tires in the coming weeks, I'm desperately hoping this makes my car finally track straight.
post #33 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Cone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
Thanks for the status report... good luck! I'm getting a 2nd set of tires in the coming weeks, I'm desperately hoping this makes my car finally track straight.

Yeah!!!! Cool Make sure they are NOT Dunlops, and they give you Bridgestones.

I was talking to the service rep on Friday (lexus of pembroke pines) they are a customer of ours....he told me that they were the ones that found out about the tires being the issue. That they told the bushing kit that lexus came out with did not do anything and was a waste of time...and consequently they started changing out the tires from Dunlop to Bridgestone. Supposedly, that is standard procedure now.

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
http://my.is/forums/f43/new-ride-drive-handle-265815/

post #34 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by METEORO

I was talking to the service rep on Friday (lexus of pembroke pines) they are a customer of ours....he told me that they were the ones that found out about the tires being the issue. That they told the bushing kit that lexus came out with did not do anything and was a waste of time...and consequently they started changing out the tires from Dunlop to Bridgestone. Supposedly, that is standard procedure now.
What do you mean by standard procedure? Is the cost covered by Lexus? Should we all be heading to our dealers to get a fresh set of tires for free?

'06 Crystal White IS 350
Black Interior
Premium Pkg
OEM rear spoiler
JoeZ intake pipe with HKS drop-in filter
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
TSW Nogaros (18x8 & 18x9)
post #35 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gernby
What do you mean by standard procedure? Is the cost covered by Lexus? Should we all be heading to our dealers to get a fresh set of tires for free?
I think some cars may have a greater tendency to pull/drift than others, based largely on the rigidity of the tires. So if your car is pulling one direction or another when you take your hand off the wheel, or EVEN if it happens while your hands are on the wheel, for that matter, go in and have them take a look. IMO, you'll know whether you've got the pull problem! So will your service rep when you take them out on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by METEORO
Apparently some with the problem were also given Michelin Pilot Sports! Not bad tires either!

Last edited by IS-F-I-Found; 07-18-2006 at 12:33 AM.
post #36 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Fiend

I also have the pulling problem. Since day one I took the car home. It's getting annoying, so I'm going to take my car in. I'm gonna try to push for the Bridgestone tires because my friend just picked up his new IS350 almost 3 weeks ago, and it had Bridgestones on there already!!!!!

My suspension is also making a funny clank noise, It sounds like I'm killing a baby bird everytime.
post #37 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocky
I also have the pulling problem. Since day one I took the car home. It's getting annoying, so I'm going to take my car in. I'm gonna try to push for the Bridgestone tires because my friend just picked up his new IS350 almost 3 weeks ago, and it had Bridgestones on there already!!!!!

My suspension is also making a funny clank noise, It sounds like I'm killing a baby bird everytime.
Interesting the new 350's are coming stock with Bridgestones, can you find out the exact model of tires? Pole position or not?

Not familiar with the suspension noise, definitely get it checked and let us know what you find out.

Also, for anyone else out there? Is there something the car may be doing that makes the pulling problem more noticeable on Dunlops? In other words, shouldn't brand new tires have little impact in the pulling/veering, even if they are Dunlops? I'm just worried that due to a problem with some of our ISs we may have to stay clear of numerous types of tires??
post #38 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Frequenter

Quote:
Rudy or anyone else who's had tires replaced, did Lexus recommend ONLY the Bridgestones? Others have said the dealer did Michelins and the problem was entirely fixed. I'm getting my new tires in a couple weeks, it stinks cuz there is still a TON of tread on my Dunlops but I'm SICK of this car pulling right!!!

Rudy -- with all the issue you have had and noted others by proxy of postings, I would have to wonder if you guys have the same lot tires and if there was not some defect in that lot. This is not uncommon. Yes, this issue would be corrected with swapping manufactures if it is a true tire issue for one... and possibly replacing the stock rubber you have on with an identical set of fronts. Rudy-- I am goig to ask a question that you may have answered ( will recheck the posts in a bit ) Could it be a tire pressure related issue? You know from racing that pressures can be the "same" from set of tire to set of tires.. but the characteristics may be different from set to set. Being as how these are a single set, the only things I would gather would be down to the Tire alone are:
1. pressure irregularities due to race/normal driving parameters
2. defect in the set causing the issue.
3. true alignment issue

I would be deathly interested to know if infact you swap tire manufactures and the issue goes away. Have the dealership guys swapped the rubber and been able to duplicte it in their possession?

Don't Blink !!!

IS350 T-Pearl, Blk/Blk Wood Trim Dark, 18's and all Driver
post #39 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Deity

I think a bad lot of Dunlops is possible, but I'm not about to take the time to put a new set of Dunlops on if Lexus has had luck resolving the issue with Bridgestones. What's frustrating to me though is whether or not I'll ALWAYS have to use Bridgestones to remedy the pulling problem? To be honest, I'm somewhat worried even the Bridgestones may not fully correct the problem, but here's to hoping. In the meantime, I guess I better find a parking lot and disable VDIM, before I turn in these Dunlops.
post #40 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Geezer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

If the cause is conicity or off center belts, then it's a manufacturing defect.

Michael is correct. Why fool around with more Dunlops when you can change brands and pretty much eliminate the possibility of another bad set of tires?

MOLON LABE
post #41 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartkat
Why fool around with more Dunlops when you can change brands and pretty much eliminate the possibility of another bad set of tires?
Bummer tho-- the Bridgestones have like a 140 tread life rating compared to a 240 on the Dunlops!
post #42 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Bummer tho-- the Bridgestones have like a 140 tread life rating compared to a 240 on the Dunlops!
From what I've read, treadwear ratings aren't very comparable between manufacturers. When I changed from a 160 treadwear Bridgestone to a 240 treadwear Kumho, I didn't get any significant mileage increase out of them.

'06 Crystal White IS 350
Black Interior
Premium Pkg
OEM rear spoiler
JoeZ intake pipe with HKS drop-in filter
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
TSW Nogaros (18x8 & 18x9)
post #43 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Fiend

The Bridgestone tires are Potenza RE050.

I went up to the vehicle stock room yesterday, and noticed all the new IS's sporting the new Bridgestone tires. I mean all of them, including their new IS250 loaner cars.
post #44 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocky
The Bridgestone tires are Potenza RE050.

I went up to the vehicle stock room yesterday, and noticed all the new IS's sporting the new Bridgestone tires. I mean all of them, including their new IS250 loaner cars.
Crap, I was hoping they were THESE Bridgestone S-03's, They look bad and have a 220 tradewear rating.

At any rate, are you sure it was the RE050A's and NOT the RE050A-Pole Positions?

Here are all 3 Bridgestone tires that fit our car:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...YR&RunFlat=All
post #45 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Lurker

I had Dunlops 4 a while. I notice there was a small pull since I bought the car in March. I finally got my wife 2 take it 2 Lexus 3 months later. They cross rotated the fronts & supposely realign it. AHH!!! I got it back the same day & I swear the pull was worst. ( I should had left it alone, I thought) . It was so bad that it would change lanes if U smash the gas. So I reschedule an appointment with Lexus for the same problem. The end result after 3 days with my car, a new set of Bridgestone tires. Now the car rides straight & can't complain expect for that they have a little more road noise then the dunlops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page