Why Would Caller-ID Stop Working? - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > Canada
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Crester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community member
Why Would Caller-ID Stop Working?

I recently bought this phone for my parents from Walmart. (yeah I know... ) They wanted a CORDED phone... and most places only seem to sell cordless phones now.

The phone actually worked great... but now for some reason it's not registering calls on the Caller ID display. The phone still works... you can make and receive calls... and the display physically works. All the other phones in the house display who's calling.

Any ideas on what could be happening... or what I could do to this phone?

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
Crester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guru

rL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community memberrL-gT is an elite community member
Hmm Ive got the same problem on 1 of my phones too.

Anyone?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guru

digger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
I recently bought this phone for my parents from Walmart. (yeah I know... ) They wanted a CORDED phone... and most places only seem to sell cordless phones now.

The phone actually worked great... but now for some reason it's not registering calls on the Caller ID display. The phone still works... you can make and receive calls... and the display physically works. All the other phones in the house display who's calling.

Any ideas on what could be happening... or what I could do to this phone?
Is it plugged in? AC power I mean..(not being a smart ass) or is it driven by the phone line only. It may actually have a battery in it, if not power corded.

Hard to say. I would trouble shoot, by plugging it into other phone jacks and test it in another location.

Also bang it with your palm (soft part) and ensure there is not a dry joint on the display board (or light knuckle wrap if your prefer, right on the LCD display)

Digger08
digger08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Loyalist

clubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community memberclubfoot is an elite community member
That's referred to as a calibrated adjustment
Old 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guru

digger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
That's referred to as a calibrated adjustment
Clubfoot,

I hope you don't instruct your airplane mechanics to use the calibrated adjustments on............say...Altimeters or Cabin Pressure guages in the same manor!

LOL

Digger08
Old 03-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Furious

my.IS Supporter
lexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger08 View Post
Clubfoot,

I hope you don't instruct your airplane mechanics to use the calibrated adjustments on............say...Altimeters or Cabin Pressure guages in the same manor!

LOL

Digger08
we're in trouble if that's the case Clubfoot are you really an airplane mechanic?

Just a thought, but does the phone have settings that can be changed on to show or NOT show the caller ID? Perhaps the settings have been tampered with. If you have a menu on the phone scroll through and check it out. Sometimes those things can get reset if you press a button while you're talking and don't even realize it.
lexuriuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-29-2008, 02:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast

skperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community memberskperformance is an elite community member
What kind of house line do you have a voip or traditional pots landline?
Try the phone in another jack as well as making sure the jack you are using is not corroded.
The way caller id works is a short digital transmission ( fax/dial up noise ) on the analog line right before the phone rings. Then it sends another after the first ring with the information of the caller. It will repeat after a few rings not answered.

Think before you type because this isn't a conversation and you will be taken the wrong way .
skperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skperformance View Post
What kind of house line do you have a voip or traditional pots landline?
Try the phone in another jack as well as making sure the jack you are using is not corroded.
The way caller id works is a short digital transmission ( fax/dial up noise ) on the analog line right before the phone rings. Then it sends another after the first ring with the information of the caller. It will repeat after a few rings not answered.
This information and Mark Levinson was married to Kim Cattrall all in the same week!

Too much.

Digger08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)