IS300 Wiring Diagram - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > Canada
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Loyalist

CrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community member
IS300 Wiring Diagram

I have already searched this whole friggin site and everything is linked to IS300.net which obviously is not active anymore.

So any suggestions?
Miss Maxine - - 2003 IS300 5Spd - JoeZ Intake, K&N drop in filter,HKS Hi-Power exhaust,TRD Headers, B&M Short Shifter,Wald Front Lip, Neo Motorsports Coilovers, Safc2, Zeintronix Wideband, More to come.........

I . N . C
CrownINC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guru

digger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community member
I have the entire electrical manual and would be happy to lend it to you.

It covers all electrical systems and sub-systems.

I also found a downloadable link somewhere. I think it was on Club Lexus.

I will look around for it and post up here if I can remember where it was.

Shoot me a PM, if you woul like to borrow my book.

If you want something specific, I can probably find it on Alldata and post on here immediately, if available.

Let me know.

Here is a Utorrent link to the IS300 service manual on Mininova
I also bumped the IS300 PDF repair manual thread.

These may or may not contain the information that you require. I know for sure that my manual is absolute and very extensive.
Alldata is also a very good source and I can post diagrams online

Digger08

Last edited by digger08; 03-19-2008 at 03:24 PM.
digger08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Loyalist

CrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community memberCrownINC is an elite community member
Digger thank you soo much for your help. +rep

all i really need is the Speaker Diagram right now i already know the power, ground and so on.

If there is a way i could get the link off the internet that would be good if not i could borrow your book and get you some coffee, ( or a spliff, which ever you prefer ) in return for your good deed.

Thanks again.
Miss Maxine - - 2003 IS300 5Spd - JoeZ Intake, K&N drop in filter,HKS Hi-Power exhaust,TRD Headers, B&M Short Shifter,Wald Front Lip, Neo Motorsports Coilovers, Safc2, Zeintronix Wideband, More to come.........

I . N . C
Old 03-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guru

digger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community memberdigger08 is an elite community member
Everything you need is here.

Within this link is 3 hot links (Fargo posts) to the schematics.

Google Image Result for http://www.teckkits.com/IS300/Audio/WiringChart.jpg

Just remember, when trying to do anything on our systems, they communicate with the amp using half analog and half digital systems. It is not one or the other. This is the very reason when I installed the Toyota Nav, I had to change the amp to a different Toyota amp, so they could talk to each other properly.

Speaker impedance is screwy as well, with the 2 and 4 ohm set ups.

If you need more info or clearer diagrams PM me, and well meet for the exchange.

No payment necessary - call it a good will exchange

Digger08
Old 03-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aficionado

chunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community memberchunks is an elite community member
Hey Naushann, what exactly are you trying to do with the speakers? I know you bypassed the amp, possibly changing the speakers itself?

Anyways this link is a text description of the wiring, and it's from the same source we use at work.

2001 Lexus IS300 amplifier

It's specifically the audio portion of the amp.

I'll shoot you a text tomorrow and see if we can meet up this weekend for the amp.

Mobile Install Technician and Professional Slacker.
chunks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Loyalist

I sat up last night and i tried to figure this out.

Im looking at the amp, and there is two harness's that come out it. and the way the guys connected in they only used the BIG harness and ran them right to the back of the deck. i also dont understand why the bridged all of them. so to me i feel as if they killed of my tweeters.

my second questions is why can i not just splice into the original harness and connect that to the H.U. so i can still use my original amp? because ive noticed the system sounds like SHIT! without it

I . N . C
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Deity

Johnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community member
If you're asking why you cannot splice your HU into the input stage of the amp (and I think that is what you meant), the reason is the speaker wire from your HU are hi-level, and the input stage of the amp is a low-level line. If you amplify something twice, it'll sound like crap.

What are you trying to do?

PS. On the stock amp, is the big harness the input stage or the output stage? Conversely, what about the small harness?
Johnnysks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Loyalist

yes what is that small harness? and the large harness has an adapter on it and then wires are run to the back of the H.U.. So i believe that the big harness would be the Input stage. but what the hell is the small harness?

and why did the guys join the wires together from the big harness before it hit the H.U?

Just installed Pioneer Avic Z2! Review & Pics!***56k probably not***

what device is this? it looks very simple and clean!

I . N . C

Last edited by CrownINC; 03-20-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Deity

Johnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community member
That is the metra harness. It will allow you to use a new HU with your stock amp and stock rear 6x9's. But some here will tell you that after a while, they can act up and give you noise or humming (ask mrmonster). IMHO the best way is still to bypass the stock amp and change the rear 6x9's as

1) The metra harness cost as much as new 6x9's for the rear
2) The stock 6x9 are not that good

Can anyone confirm if the big harness is the input or output stage? I am not familiar with the stock amp as I bypassed mine from the getgo.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Deity

http://my.is/forums/4931155-post1.html

The wires describe should be in the output stage of the stock amp.

What are you trying to do? We can help you better if you filled us in, bud.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Loyalist

Damn i love this site.

Okay, well the guys have already by-passed the amp, and they have the harness running to the centre dash.

Now most of these NEW wires are labeled and there are 4 that are not. And all of them are "bridged" together ( i.e, the white and green are connect ) and then the harness from the deck is attached to the bridged wires.

am i making sense?

all i did since the other guys installed this deck is just snipp the harness. and im thinking just follow the wires and reconnect them, but ive always thought the system sounded like shit ever since i installed this new deck, no serious bass, i dont hear the Tweeters going anymore. so i thought it was cuz it didnt have an amp to push them!?

SOOOOOO now i have some new questions.

1.) where would i find the wire to connect the ebrake cable from the deck to imobilize the dvd player?

2.) will my tweeters be disabled? or could that be the extra 4 wires that are not labeled.

i just want my system running! and i want my TWEETERS back! i will definitly replace the rear 6x9. but the reason why im holding out is because i want to get a new amp and run the interior speakers with all new speakers all around. but just not right now..need to save a bit more.

ANyway..am i still making sense or did everyone go out to lunch.?

I . N . C
Old 03-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Deity

Can you please clarify the following?

1) So in the original install by the other guy, did he hook up the HU speaker wire to the harness he install for you, or did he hook up the RCA from your HU to your harness?

2) When you say you don't hear your tweeters, are you talking about the front tweeters or the rear?

3) To answer your question, I'm assuming you mean you want to by pass the parking brake cable so that you can play movies when your car is moving? To do that, you would have to find out how to by-pass that safety feature. If you were to hook up the parking brake cable from your HU to your parking brake cable, then your DVD will not play unless your parking brake is engage, which is the purpose of the system.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysks View Post
Can you please clarify the following?

1) So in the original install by the other guy, did he hook up the HU speaker wire to the harness he install for you, or did he hook up the RCA from your HU to your harness?

2) When you say you don't hear your tweeters, are you talking about the front tweeters or the rear?

3) To answer your question, I'm assuming you mean you want to by pass the parking brake cable so that you can play movies when your car is moving? To do that, you would have to find out how to by-pass that safety feature. If you were to hook up the parking brake cable from your HU to your parking brake cable, then your DVD will not play unless your parking brake is engage, which is the purpose of the system.
I think that the brake wire needs to only be grounded, this should override the safety feature.
The other wires are probably communications to the amp from the HU (- & +)
The tweeter wires run off of the front speakers, and are not tied directly to the HU.
Are these answers not in the Frequently asked questions in Mobiltronics?

You best bet is to talk to Chunks as he seems to know a fair bit of information on this.

Digger08
Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Deity

Most HU can be by-pass by grounding parking cable, but AFAIK it's not 100%.
Yeah, the front speakers are single channel 4 ohms, while the rears are dual channel (2 ohms woofer, 4 ohms tweeter for each speaker).
And lastly, yes, most of the info can be found in the useful audio post in the 1st gen audio section. I read those stickies for many hours when I was new here to install my Kenwood Navi HU, amp by-pass, and new speaker install.

Last edited by Johnnysks; 03-20-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger08 View Post

You best bet is to talk to Chunks as he seems to know a fair bit of information on this.

Digger08
I will! Chunks is suppose to come by this week to pick up the stock amp. so if i dont figure it out by then you can help me out.

if i have to i will take pics, but im sure ill figure it out..

to answer the questions jonnysks

1.) the guy hooked up the HU straight to the harness he installed that was originally plugged into the amp. ( the big harness not the small one )

2.) i shouldnt say i dont HEAR my tweeters, i just hear the highs alot more when the stock system was in. and im refering to the fronts i didnt even know i had rear tweeters

3.) i want to hook up the parking brake to that wire because i could lift it up a notch till the light come on and it would then let me watch a dvd but not really be engaged. And i dont always watch DVDs while im driving but sometimes i do.

what wire would be the one for the p-brake cable?

I . N . C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)