* * * USE AT YOUR OWN RISK * * *
"I'm not a Mechanic or Auto Body Specialist. I sit in-front of my computer all day at work. That being said; If I can do this Step-By-Step DIY, so can you!" . . . JD
* Automotive Work Gloves or Disposable Gloves (Stanley HandHelpers Disposable vinyl gloves @ Home Depot
* Safety Glasses (for Eye Protection @ Canadian Tire
* All-purpose Funnel with Handle, 12-in (Canadian Tire
* Oil Drain Pan + extra container-Filter Oil (Canadian Tire
* Oil Filter Element Kit Part #:04152-YZZA3
(from DVN Parts
* 7 qt. of API SL SAE 5W-30 (I used Royal Purple
Owner's Manual Indicates: 6.2 qt.-without Filter & 6.6 qt.-with * Filter Change
* Old Carpet Runner or Old Exercise Mat (for back support)
* Old Newspapers (for Oil Spill)
* Jack (I used Michelin 3½-ton Speedy Lift Jack @ Canadian Tire
* 2 x 3½-Ton Axle Stands (Walmart
* 4 x Wheel Chocks (Walmart
* Socket Wrench with 14mm Socket (Mastercraft @ Canadian Tire
* Socket Wrench with 10mm Socket (Mastercraft @ Canadian Tire
* Toyota Oil Filter Wrench 64mm/14 flute (via Ebay Motors
* In-Car Scissors Jack (Applies to Lowered Cars)
1.1) Wear appropriate "Oil Change-Attire" for this Job
1.2) Press Engine START
Make note of the ODOMETER Reading (This will help you determine your next Oil Change/Interval)
Hoist the vehicle by using Lift Jack. I used the In-Car Scissors Jack (applies to lowered Set-up) first to get the "3½-ton Speedy Lift Jack" underneat the car.
Note: Front/Center Jack Point
Place the "3½-Ton Axle Stands" to the Driver & Passenger Front/Side Jack Points
Place the "Wheel Chocks" to the Rear Tires
Place an "Old Carpet Runner" underneath the vehicle to support your back
Pull the hood release lever.
Remove the oil filler cap by turning it counterclockwise.
Prepare 14mm Socket Wrench, Funnel & Oil Drain Pan
Locate Oil Drain Plug/Bolt underneath vehicle
Position your "Oil Drain Pan" below the drain plug. Use 14mm socket wrench to loosen and remove drain plug/bolt. Let the oil drain into the oil reservoir. (Don't forget to wear disposable gloves & Safety Glasses in this step)
Place some old newspaper below the Oil Drain Pan as well - - - for possible oil spill
OIL FILTER: Prepare 10mm Socket Wrench
Locate Oil Filter Plastic Cover
Use 10mm Socket Wrench to loosen 3 bolts
Prepare Toyota Oil Filter Wrench & Extra container for leftover Oil from Filter Housing
Loosen Oil Filter Cap/Cover
Let it fully drain . . . (Extra Container)
This is the perfect opportunity to clean the Oil Filter Housing (Inside & Out)
Remove Oil Filter Housing "O-Ring"
more cleaning . . .
Use disposable small container for easy oil application/lubrication to Oil Filter Housing
Oil Filter Element Kit (04152-YZZA3)
Open Box and check all items (1xFilter Element, 1xO-Ring, 1xDrain Plug/Bolt Gasket)
Apply Filter Element to Housing
Clean then Lubricate Drain Plug/Bolt
Clean excess oil from Housing
More cleaning . . .
. . . at this point, you're ready to 1) re-plug the Oil Drain Plug/Bolt; then 2) put the Oil Filter Housing (with Filter Element IN) back on.
Add 6.5 quarts of your favorite 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil (I used Royal Purple)
Owner's Manual Indicates: 6.2 qt.-without Filter & 6.6 qt.-with Filter Change
a) Start the Car and Check underneath the car for the last time. Ensure no leak whatsoever.
b) Check Oil Dip Stick.
Ensure that the Oil Level is within pointing arrow (close to MAX Level)
Congratulations! You just completed your Lexus Oil Change