Universal O2 Sensor Wiring Diagram / Pin-out - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frequenter

aonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community member
Universal O2 Sensor Wiring Diagram / Pin-out

I replied with this to the O2 Sensors - FAQ also, but figured this might deserve its own thread rather than getting buried on page 2.

Anyone who is throwing codes for their O2 Sensors who doesn't want to splice ECU/Relay wires and also doesn't want to pay $120 minimum for an O2 Sensor should use this.

Right hand side, Toyota 4 Pin. I used this to wire up a Bosch universal O2 sensor so far no issues. Just be sure to strip the wires, twist, solder and heat shrink over the connection!

If you get a generic error code such as P0156 or P0161 then you wired the connection incorrectly.

Factory Denso O2 Sensor Harness:

Blue = Signal
White = Ground
Black = Heater
Black = Heater

Universal Bosch O2 Sensor:

Black = Signal
Grey = Ground
White = Heater
White = Heater

This means that you should solder as follows:
Universal | Denso/OEM
------Black ----to-----Blue
------White-----to-----Gray
------Black-----to-----White
------Black-----to-----White

Hope this helps & makes sense!
Attached Thumbnails
Universal O2 Sensor Wiring Diagram / Pin-out-univinstructions5.jpg.jpg  
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guru

my.IS Supporter 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Squareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community member
nice post, + rep
Old 05-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Frequenter

aonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community memberaonghus is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squareback View Post
nice post, + rep
thanks for the +rep!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fiend

buckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community memberbuckwilly is an elite community member
Very informative. This info made my universal O2 install go very smooth.

+rep.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aficionado

kauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community memberkauaian is an elite community member
Thanks +rep for very needed and ducket saving info!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

hoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributor
i bought a denso 4 wire and the wires were all the same colors as on the oem, so I soldered the new one on to the old harness and am now getting a p0156, anything i need to know before i retry it?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy1028 View Post
i bought a denso 4 wire and the wires were all the same colors as on the oem, so I soldered the new one on to the old harness and am now getting a p0156, anything i need to know before i retry it?
You might try re-wiring the blue+white in reverse, it won't throw that code for the heater wires being interchanged, they're just voltage supply, but it will throw a code with the signal+ground messed up.

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

hoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributorhoppy1028 is a recognized community contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by aonghus View Post
You might try re-wiring the blue+white in reverse, it won't throw that code for the heater wires being interchanged, they're just voltage supply, but it will throw a code with the signal+ground messed up.

Good luck!
thats what i was going to do next, i tried reversing the blacks and it didnt work, so my last resort was to change those
Old 12-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

jimmyb60563 is an unknown at this point
Ok my 2000 ES300 would not shift into OD...so replaced back o2 sensor...still happened, then the knock sensor and just now front o2 sensor...check engine and VSC light still on, now getting like 10 MPG and P1150
Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Malfunction ...could replacing the front O2 cause the bad gas mileage and/or the p1150? and it wont shift into OD again...ANY ideas are appreciated as this is extremely frustrating...

THANKS
jimmyb60563 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)