Trunk Latch Not working - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lurker

eddyblue300 has been a helpful user
Trunk Latch Not working

Hello,

I have a 2002 is300 for some reason the trunk latch no longer works. The only way to open the trunk is with the button key openner. Does anyone know how I check to see if the latch is busted or how to fix? blue
eddyblue300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Extremist

2005 ToyDrive Participant
chrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyblue300
Hello,

I have a 2002 is300 for some reason the trunk latch no longer works. The only way to open the trunk is with the button key openner. Does anyone know how I check to see if the latch is busted or how to fix? blue
Turn the trunk key hole the other. I had this problem as well. I believe this will work.
chrisCARL0S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lurker

darlene5blue is an unknown at this point
I have an 02 is300 as well, and yesterday I noticed that my trunk latch wasn't working either.
darlene5blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-29-2005, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Frequenter

jimmy213 is very well likedjimmy213 is very well likedjimmy213 is very well liked
like said above, get your key and turn the trunk lock to unlock it, there is two different positions , lock, unlock. It probably is on lock position. , it should open right up once unlocked
jimmy213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lurker

darlene5blue is an unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy213
like said above, get your key and turn the trunk lock to unlock it, there is two different positions , lock, unlock. It probably is on lock position. , it should open right up once unlocked

Hey, thanks for the info. The latch works perfectly now. + rep points for you and ChrisCarlos.
darlene5blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-31-2005, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Extremist

2005 ToyDrive Participant
chrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community memberchrisCARL0S is an elite community member
Glad you got it worked out
chrisCARL0S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-31-2005, 01:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Aficionado

intuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community memberintuitdriver is an elite community member
if you turn the key sideways then it makes it so that valets cant unlock your trunk with the lever. it's listed in the manual according to lexus service advisers but i never looked for it. anyway i think the lock should be in the straight up and down position
intuitdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)