Strange clicking sound??? - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lurker

AnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fame
Strange clicking sound???

I just noticed today a clicking sound when I press the brake pedal while the car is in park. It's coming from the console where the gear stick is (automatic though). At first I thought it was some strange relay making a sound when the brake lights first come on. Then I realized I needed to be getting more sleep.

I'm pretty sure its the safety mechanism to prevent the car from going into gear without the brake being on. Has anyone else had this problem?? Will this possibly break completely leaving me stranded at the strip club with no solution but to go back in and spend more money??

01, E-shift.
AnyTym01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lurker

v8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community memberv8power is an elite community member
I guess there are worse places it could fail you at!
v8power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Crester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community member
It's not a "problem". It's just part of the mechanism which prevents you from shifting out of Park without your foot on the brake.
Crester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lurker

AnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fameAnyTym01 is on the road to fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester
It's not a "problem". It's just part of the mechanism which prevents you from shifting out of Park without your foot on the brake.
As mentioned above I know what it is, but the "problem" is it hasn't always made the noise.....
Old 10-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Crester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyTym01
As mentioned above I know what it is, but the "problem" is it hasn't always made the noise.....
Are you sure about that?

I thought the same thing... but then I realized it was just because I wasn't paying attention to it before.
Crester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester
Are you sure about that?

I thought the same thing... but then I realized it was just because I wasn't paying attention to it before.
I'm almost positive it's new, but now I'm questioning myself. Seems too loud for me to have missed it all the other times. If I can find someone that looks friendly around campus I'll ask to take a look at theirs.

Does anyone else's on here make the sound or even know what to look for?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Frequenter

KillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leaderKillaKam07 is a community leader
my '01 makes the same exact noise..when you press the brake you hear the click and if u put your hand on the gearbox you can kinda feel a mechanism or something clickin over. does your also make a clicking noise when you press the brake pedal and shift to the differnet gears? when i depress the pedal itll click when it hits each gear
KillaKam07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-12-2006, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fiend

RanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community memberRanFerr_is300 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyTym01
I just noticed today a clicking sound when I press the brake pedal while the car is in park. It's coming from the console where the gear stick is (automatic though). At first I thought it was some strange relay making a sound when the brake lights first come on. Then I realized I needed to be getting more sleep.

I'm pretty sure its the safety mechanism to prevent the car from going into gear without the brake being on. Has anyone else had this problem?? Will this possibly break completely leaving me stranded at the strip club with no solution but to go back in and spend more money??

01, E-shift.
my '01 does this too.. i pretty sure it's normal.

2005 Touring Super Black 350z 6MT with Navi/ NISMO LMGT4 18x8.5(F) 18x9.5(R)/Tanabe GF210/Tokico D-Spec shocks/NISMO headers/NISMO Exhaust/K&N airfilter with 06 airbox/Motordyne 5/16" spacer
RanFerr_is300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-12-2006, 07:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lurker

Thats good, i still haven't gotten around to checking with someone else in person. I haven't really noticed it lately so I guess it always was there.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Enthusiast

kaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community memberkaikaekahi is an elite community member
I notice 90% of the members on here have paranoid thoughts on their cars. Me included. But that clicking sound is normal.

02 Black Onyx = Porter Cable 7424

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left Right B, A, Select, Start.......

Don't EVER Fish In The Company Pond!
kaikaekahi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Enthusiast

pn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community memberpn0yvstyle is an elite community member
Yeah I have that same thing going on. When I brake when the car is on park, it makes that click noise. So I guess its normal for our cars then if other members experience the same thing.
pn0yvstyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lurker

Altz01 Altz01 Altz01 Altz01
I have the same problem, when the car is in parked and the e-brake is on, when i drive the car and release the e-brake, and come to a complete stop i hear a clicking noise coming from my brakes, then it goes away.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lurker

I'm just suprised i never noticed. Usually i pick up on things like that really fast since they seem to bother me.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

01IS300INSACTOWN is an unknown at this point
My 01 does it too !
01IS300INSACTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Addict

AZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community memberAZNHYPNOTIQ is an elite community member
that click has been evident on MOST of the autos i've ever driven..
AZNHYPNOTIQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)