Lexus IS Forum banner

Rumbling when braking

600 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Alac20 
#1 ·
Hi everyone new to the forum here and seeking some help/ advice. I own a 2001 Lexus Is300 and today on my commute noticed a rumbling in the engine when I braked at the light. Suddenly my check engine light threw a signal, as well oddly the "traction off" life kept flashing on and off as well. I also noticed that after turning my engine off then turning it back on the RPM's where at 1500 despite the fact I had the Ebrake on and was not moving.
This rumbling persisted every time I used the brake but would kick off the second I accelerated, anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be? I would rather see if I can fix or repair whatever it is rather than take it in, my first order of business is to make a trip to O'Reilly to see what's throwing the signal. Any ideas anyone?

#3 ·
Just an Update so I went down to O'Reilly to the Check engine light read and it threw 15 codes many of which were repeats. The two codes were P0300 & P1349 and from reading other forums I think I may need a new Variable Timing Solenoid which threw the P1349 code and probably was the result of the P0300 which were the misfires. I will keep to anyone it may concern updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.