Oxygen Sensor Heater Resistance - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lurker

StevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishment
Oxygen Sensor Heater Resistance

Alright elctronic geeks, I have searched this whole site for this info. Maybe one of you knows it. To simulate the 02 Sensor heater working I know I need a resistance between 11-32 ohms, how do I calculate which resistor to use? If you could explain to me how to select them I would greatly appreciate it, or direct me to a place where I can read about this stuff.
StevePPD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guru

Gray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community memberGray Rider is an elite community member
I hope this is what you're looking for:

Inspecting heater resistance of O2 sensors (Bank 1,2 sensor 1 & Bank 1 sensor 2) (Bank 2 sensor 2).
Disconnect O2 sensor connectors, use ohmmeter and measure resistance between +B & HT terminals. Resistance should be 11-16 ohms at 20 degrees C (68 degrees F). Replace O2 sensor if not to spec.
Gray Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lurker

StevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishmentStevePPD is dangerously close to banishment
Yea, I got that too. But as I know nothing about resistors, I thought they differed due to the voltage. But I am not seeing any change. So it looks like just a standard 11-20 OHM resistor will work.
StevePPD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lurker

Update: 2 10Watt 50Ohm resistors wired in parallel will send a 25ohm resistance and simulate a heater. They get pretty hot so put them in something solid, dont wrap in electrical tape or anything like that.
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)