Is300 key issue - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frequenter

k954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community member
Is300 key issue

I have a 2001 is300 ... I bought the car with only a valet key .. NO master key ... I have been told from the dealer I have to change
My ecu and get 2 master keys and 2 valet keys ... And plus programming ... Cost will be able 1500 to get it done ... Is there any way to get pass that without payin as much ... ?!?
I was also looking at a system called advanced keys .. It's a card entry and push button start system that take the ecu out of the equation

Www. Advancedkeys.com ...
Anyone have or know anything about it ...

I prefer not to change the entry system so I won't encounter any problems in the future buys if it's a good system and worth it I will give it a try
k954triniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Frequenter

MarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community member
Without a master key you are stuck with buying a new ecu. Cheaper, you could get a used one but make sure it includes the master key. Check ebay or a junkyard?
Has to be from another 2001 though.
2001 kinda sucks for that. I don't think replacing the security system will get past the ecu's security. unless you completely replace it with a standalone ecu. But thats $5k plus and not needed in any way for what you want to do.
Fast DTM 18x8"
HKS Super Drager
Tein Basics.
MarX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter
jasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community member
^^That's what I thought for years too, but is not the case anymore. There IS places that can reflash an '01 ECU believe it or not(took me a bit of proof to believe it, honestly)

Fortunately, in the past you couldn't reflash an '01 ECU but now quite a bit of dealers and locksmiths have the ability to do so. All you need to do is purchase a blank key with transponder. The problem is not every dealer or locksmith can do it.

I'm not sure if you're referring to, but I'm pretty sure Lexus still offers the "lost key program" where you buy 2 new masters, pay for the labor, pay for the stamp, and they give you a free ECM....all for ~$600 IIRC.

The other is the reflash and you may have to call around. There is a place called A-Any Kind Lock & Safe LLC, (421 E Nasa Road 1, Webster TX 77598. 281-338-9100) that can reflash and set you up with new keys. I know not all Lexus dealers will handle an '01 reflash, at least not the one close to me. There is an active member, Tommyfresh, that had his reflashed, so he may be alittle more helpful as I know he researched into it. The reflash would be your cheapest route, you just need to verify that a dealer or advances locksmith around you can do '01 ECU's.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Frequenter

MarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community memberMarX is an elite community member
Damn, thats some very good to hear info! Didn't even know. At least now I know if I lose my key I wont have to kill myself.
Fast DTM 18x8"
HKS Super Drager
Tein Basics.
MarX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Frequenter

k954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community memberk954triniz is an elite community member
Damn for real ... This info is good ... I don't QUALIFY for that program your Tlking about because I haven't owner my Lexus for 5 or more yrs so I wud have to pay the full price ... But I am Goin with a aem emS for my turbo set up .. So the secondary system might work .. But I rather have the original system so I won't run in to problems again
Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter
jasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarX View Post
Damn, thats some very good to hear info! Didn't even know. At least now I know if I lose my key I wont have to kill myself.
I know, it's pretty crazy and also goes against the few hundred threads about this. I was the last person to believe it, and it is true, '01 ECU's can be reflashed.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fiend

Tommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community member
Very true that 01 ecu's can be reflashed, you just need to find there certain person that has the equipment to reflash it. Don't go to the dealer they will charge you well over a grand to get a new ecu and shit. Message me and ill send you a link to the guy that reflashed my ecu.
Tommyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Frequenter

I actually went To jm Lexus of sample rd today .. They took my car did something to try and save the programming ... They can't buy they quoted me how much it will be when it's all done .. 1723.00 ... Crazy ... But I called a few locksmiths this reflash it and it will cost me at the cheapest place 850 with me buying my own keys
Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fiend

Tommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community memberTommyfresh is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by k954triniz View Post
I actually went To jm Lexus of sample rd today .. They took my car did something to try and save the programming ... They can't buy they quoted me how much it will be when it's all done .. 1723.00 ... Crazy ... But I called a few locksmiths this reflash it and it will cost me at the cheapest place 850 with me buying my own keys
850 is crazy man.
Tommyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Frequenter

i was hanging out at my buddy house and there was a locksmith working on a car next door ... i told him my situation . and he told me if the key i have car open and start my car its a transponder key and he can make me a new key with remote and all
for 90 but i buy my own key which i researched and its around 90 to 150
so 200 ball park figure i have a master key more or less but the guy assured me he have went through this whit many other 01 is300 owners and the key i have and he will make can be copied at the dealer .. but the dealer dont do it unless you have a key with remote and says lexus on it ..
here is a pic of the key i have which is a transponder key
toy48bt4

Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lurker

nIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community membernIStwoJZ is an elite community member
This is the same key I have....and I have another "master" key that has alarm buttons on it, cut by the vin # by the dealer...
nIStwoJZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)