01 IS300: "TRAC OFF" keeps flashing! - Page 3 - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
Enthusiast

DsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community memberDsouthMia07 is an elite community member
Dam this thread makes me wanna test out Mechanic shops in my area to see if their ass holes or not. Like going in and saying "Hey how much to change my oil and plugs?" I would love someone to tell me $800 because I use iridium plugs!
DsouthMia07 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

VanessLenin is an unknown at this point
I have ran into the same problem Check Engine & Trac Off blinking. I also feel that the car is bugging and like there is not enough power. Also exhaust makes a different noise. Took it to the shop 3rd cylinder not working. It can't be a coil because there would be errors on other cylinders as well. I reset the codes and when I started the car everything was fine nothing came back on and the car was responding perfectly. I also know for the fact it can not be spark plugs because I did a tune up and changed all of them not too long ago.
Last summer i was getting check engine light with O2 sensors. I turned them off and then the engine light would come back on and then few days later it would turn off by itself. Since November I did not had any check engine lights coming back nor did i change my o2 sensors. Now we were getting some heavy rains and this happened. I took the cover checked sparks everything is fine. So do you think the problem is in O2 sensors and the time came to change them? Also my shop told me that O2 sensors go at about 2bills per piece and there is 2 of them that needs to be changed. If anyone changed them are there anybetter prices, if so can you post a link. Thanks in advance!
VanessLenin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter
jasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessLenin View Post
I have ran into the same problem Check Engine & Trac Off blinking. I also feel that the car is bugging and like there is not enough power. Also exhaust makes a different noise. Took it to the shop 3rd cylinder not working. It can't be a coil because there would be errors on other cylinders as well. I reset the codes and when I started the car everything was fine nothing came back on and the car was responding perfectly. I also know for the fact it can not be spark plugs because I did a tune up and changed all of them not too long ago.
Last summer i was getting check engine light with O2 sensors. I turned them off and then the engine light would come back on and then few days later it would turn off by itself. Since November I did not had any check engine lights coming back nor did i change my o2 sensors. Now we were getting some heavy rains and this happened. I took the cover checked sparks everything is fine. So do you think the problem is in O2 sensors and the time came to change them? Also my shop told me that O2 sensors go at about 2bills per piece and there is 2 of them that needs to be changed. If anyone changed them are there anybetter prices, if so can you post a link. Thanks in advance!
There is always the possibility of the car throwing one misfire code as i've seen it happen before. It doesn't nessesarily have to be related to the plug or ignition components, it could be a result of a fuel delivery issue such as a bad injector or even a compression problem with that cylinder(ie. bad valve seals, piston rings). Depending on the mileage of the vehicle, a fuel system cleaner or injector service can be helpful. One route i would take is to use an OBDII scanner and find out your fuel trims, that can also help point in which direction the problem lies.

As far as oxygen sensor codes, it sounds like you may have a heater malfunction because usually they start to go bad, code may clear for a few weeks, but it will eventually come back and stay on(that's if the code pertains to that). I don't think the O2 sensor is responsible for one cylinder misfire, but if it's a primary or upstream sensor then it may not help. If it is a post cat sensor then it will not effect performance at all, only give you a CEL. OEM Denso oxygen sensors have come down in price and you can pick up a universal(that requires soldering) for $70 or so. A direct plug and play are around $100 or slightly more, but no where near $200. Your best bet is to get the car scanned and post back all of the exact codes to take out all of the guess work.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

abk1234 is an unknown at this point
trac off flashing

Also when I gas. I need to step it in way more than usual... I went to the shop plug it in... Check cylinders. No misfire. So I clear the code. Oh I made a u turn drift on the way..Came home n now it happens again... Any idea?? Please help.
abk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter
jasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by abk1234 View Post
Also when I gas. I need to step it in way more than usual... I went to the shop plug it in... Check cylinders. No misfire. So I clear the code. Oh I made a u turn drift on the way..Came home n now it happens again... Any idea?? Please help.
What was the exact code you had before you erased it? Never heard of check cylinder code.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #36 (permalink)

Dman2821 is an unknown at this point
So I ran over a large puddle of water with my IS 300 2001 that's jacked down barely off the ground.... I had no other option. The car did stall or anything but ice I got out the trac off light started flashing and the check engine light came on. I reset the ecu and then took it to Autozone and the error message read P1349?? Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my car?
Dman2821 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman2821 View Post
So I ran over a large puddle of water with my IS 300 2001 that's jacked down barely off the ground.... I had no other option. The car did stall or anything but ice I got out the trac off light started flashing and the check engine light came on. I reset the ecu and then took it to Autozone and the error message read P1349?? Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my car?
"Trac Off" can flash anytime the CEL is on, even if not traction control related. P1349 almost always means the oil control valve is clogged or the solenoid isn't shifting properly. There's a mesh filter that can become clogged. Use our custom Google box above and search P1349 OCV, there's probably a hundred or more threads on how to disassemble and test the oil control valve, which is responsible for the variable valve timing.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #38 (permalink)

Will i damage the car if i continue driving it ?? Gota get to work
Old 06-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman2821 View Post
Will i damage the car if i continue driving it ?? Gota get to work
Not necessarily but performance, mpg, and the car overall won't act like it should. Usually when the oil control valve is plugged up pretty bad you will start to randomly misfire and throw P0300-P0306. The mesh filter tends to clog up so the engine can't make timing adjustments. There's many threads on this DTC.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks so much for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)