User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yeah i saw that but one guy said to ground it the other said to put +12 to it. So now im a little lost on what one to do and dont want to smoke the ecu =/

HKS triple plate. Is like the rattle call we all use to get the snakes to come out and play(i.e. vipers, cobras,Gt500's).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Blue Devil

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
sorry man. wish i could help but i didn't need to do any of that with my '01
let us know what the solution turns out to be! good luck!

©2006 my.IS
IS300 '01 - Spectra Blue Mica | ELIXIR | SRT 2.75 Turbo | V161 6-speed | Volk GT-M | Tein CS |

IS F '12 - Ultrasonic Blue Mica | ISS Forged Exhaust | WALD Diffuser | Ventross Trunk | Lexon Roof Spoiler |
post #108 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Frequenter

okay guys after searching for hours. I found this Some wiring help converting to manual going to try this tomorrow when i get a little sleep to clear my head. Maybe this can be add it to the first page also.
Thanks guys

HKS triple plate. Is like the rattle call we all use to get the snakes to come out and play(i.e. vipers, cobras,Gt500's).

post #109 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Enthusiast

if u get it to work out let us know what u did and possibly make a diagram showing us what you did...that'd be great info

2002 GGP IS300T
SRT Built GTE internals R154'd 445whp 388wtq
Beater
1994 Jeep Wrangler
post #110 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Frequenter

Okay guys, This is what i found out. If you look at the plug you have to jump out 6 and 9. That will let you start the car. Its the two bigger openings on the plug.
Then for the rev lights you run a wire from 3 witch is 12v+ down to your switch on the trans then back to wire 2. Then when you put it in rev the light on the dash will show up in r also. I hope this helps took me a little time to find this out.
http://i29.tinypic.com/m20w1.jpg

post #111 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I'm about to embark on the r154 swap from auto to manual. I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback as how the drivability with the stock auto LSD would be? Am i better off just getting a manual LSD or kaaz right off the bat?

04 BO Auto Lsportline - Sold
04 GGP 5SPD Lsportline - Sold
02 IBP Turbo 6SPD - Sold
02 CW L-Tuned Auto - Daily Driven

Lexotic Concepts MA - 006
post #112 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

got a question for everyone whose done this. when its all done does it look and feel completely stock? i might want to do this one day but thats veryyy far future
post #113 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Blue Devil

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_of_Rob View Post
I'm about to embark on the r154 swap from auto to manual. I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback as how the drivability with the stock auto LSD would be? Am i better off just getting a manual LSD or kaaz right off the bat?
no, it should be fine. i had the auto NON-lsd diff at the beginning, and then later swapped it out for the manual LSD. it didn't make a HUUUUUUUGE difference in terms of gearing, but of course having the LSD was nice.

you're already LSD, so for you the only "upgrade" will be the gear ratio. so if you wanna save money and a bit of time at the beginning, just leave it at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettdotcom14 View Post
got a question for everyone whose done this. when its all done does it look and feel completely stock? i might want to do this one day but thats veryyy far future
thaaaaaaat, my friend, will all depend on you. i was OBSESSED with making it look and drive like stock, yet still hold the power, so that's exactly what i did.

asked around a LOT, spoke to the local guys, had a few of them let me drive their cars so that i could find the perfect clutch setup for what i needed. found my ACT 6-puck, SPRUNG, which was exactly what i was looking for. VERY light pedal pressure, no chattering or noise, period, and very smooth engagements. i have friends with twin discs and yea, they can hold the power, but they make horrible sound when your car is just sitting at a red light, and engagement is HARSH.

and for the shifting, i spent tons of time perfecting the shifter positioning and the shifting action.

if you just slap something together, it'll drive, but you'll always know its aftermarket and you'll enjoy it, but every time you drive you'll say to yourself, "man, that's something i'm gunna need to fix in the future." problem is, the "future" usually never comes around, so my advice: DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

©2006 my.IS
IS300 '01 - Spectra Blue Mica | ELIXIR | SRT 2.75 Turbo | V161 6-speed | Volk GT-M | Tein CS |

IS F '12 - Ultrasonic Blue Mica | ISS Forged Exhaust | WALD Diffuser | Ventross Trunk | Lexon Roof Spoiler |
post #114 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Blue Devil

Garage
oh, and for any of you guys doing the R154 swap soon, i'm selling my setup and can't do my 6-speed swap until i sell all of my 5-speed parts!

clutch/pressure plate setup
flywheel
bellhousing
and tranny (someone has dibs on it though, but i have no money yet)

(and everything comes with whatever nuts, bolts, pins, bearings, springs, etc. that go along with it!)

©2006 my.IS

post #115 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Frequenter

I dont think you will need a lsd Just did the v160 and it seems fine. Is your car tubo?

post #116 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Fiend

The Original Post in this thread needs Revision.

From the Bell housing front to the center of the shifter mount should be 28.75 inches, NOT 29.25 (If you want the shifter to sit centered in the console).
post #117 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Blue Devil

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by antISanISfreak View Post
The Original Post in this thread needs Revision.

From the Bell housing front to the center of the shifter mount should be 28.75 inches, NOT 29.25 (If you want the shifter to sit centered in the console).
i'm willing to argue you're wrong, but we're only talking about half an inch here.

where did you get that measurement from? if you look at the picture of how i got that measurement, it was measure straight from the engine to the dead center of the opening in the tunnel for the shifter.

if you measured an actual tranny from the bellhousing back, it would all depend on which version of the R154 you have as well as which shifter you're using. my soarer R154 uses a straight shifter, whereas the 7M R154s have a bent shifter, which could account for the half inch that you think it should be shorter. cuz with the bent shifters, the shift knob ends up farther back than where the bottom of the shifter actually sits in the tranny. cuz the 29.25 inches is how far the TOP of the shifter should be from the beginning of the bellhousing.

so if your shifter is bent, you wouldn't measure from the bellhousing to the bottom of the shifter, you would measure from the bellhousing to just past the bottom of the shifter, where you measurement reaches directly under the shift knob, if that makes any sense..

©2006 my.IS

post #118 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Blue Devil

Garage
here:

©2006 my.IS

post #119 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Frequenter

I think he is saying the shifter is bent. So if you put it at center the shifter isn't. But i thin you cant go by that seeing that every short shifter maybe a little different. Just have to go with the 29.25 then see what your set up maybe.

post #120 of 267 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Blue Devil

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyIS300 View Post
I think he is saying the shifter is bent. So if you put it at center the shifter isn't. But i thin you cant go by that seeing that every short shifter maybe a little different. Just have to go with the 29.25 then see what your set up maybe.
exaaaaaaaactly

©2006 my.IS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page