LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

PnP Dezod AEM V2 questions / fans, vvti, idle

Hello

First, sorry for my english, I speak spanish.

I received my PnP Dezod V2 AEM for my 2004 IS 300 A/T NA and I had a few questions about functions.

The fans and temperature, I seen them activating around 150F, but if I set them at 160F they still turning on at 150F, the fans are AEM or OEM ECU controlled? I drove my car until it reach the working temperature with OEM ECU then I connected the AEM ECU, started up the car and I noted that the temperature on the cluster was different, with OEM ECU was near half (1/2) and with AEM ECU was a little more than 1/4, is this normal?

The vvti, I really don't know if this is AEM ECU controlled or OEM ECU controlled, I was checking because I have a innovate wide band in my car but never been in a dyno yet to see if any change, I can't feel it working, I check the wiring and I found that, of course, is a honda ECU and the wire is for vtech but there is no wire to the AEM connector B pin B12 that is PnP for vtech solenoid and/or to the connector C pin C10 that is PnP for vtech oil press sw, the vvti is supposed to be connected in one of those pins or is connected to?, how I can confirm vvti is working? only with a dyno?

The idle/warm up, its is not working correctly, on the Dezod base map, we used to start our tuning from that, the warm up is ok but it never end, it end at about 170F but my fan turn on at 150F, the car stay around 1100 rpm and never reach the 900rpm, maybe is related with the fans problem.

Any of you that have more experience with IS 300, can I control my A/T shift points? For example, I want my car to produce 375whp in shift 1 and 2 @ 7000rpm, then 500whp in shift 3, 4 and 5, yes, I will make it turbo later, is any way I can control this with the AEM or anything else?
EDIT: I think this one I explain it wrong, actually I want that the AEM know when I'm in shift 1 and 2, low the boost to get 375-400whp and then when I'm in shift 3 to 5 AEM increase the boost to get the 500-600whp, I know I need a boost solenoid but is possible to make the AEM to do it?

Thank You all for this great site.

Joel.

Dezod AEM EMS V2 - Now AEM Infinity 506
GTE Pistons and Rods
HKS 1.2mm Gasket
264 BC Cams
Crower Springs and Retainers
ID1000 injectors
76mm Ball bearing turbo
Head, Rods, Mains ARPs
A650E with Toyomoto mod (I have a full R154 swap, soon)
LC-2 with Bosch LSU4.9 Sensor

RWHP Soon..

Last edited by joelpr1234; 02-26-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dezod let you base kit with base map for starting ...
You must tune it for you goals.

If you need control VVT-i by AEM EMS you must disconnect VVT-i solenoid from stock ECU, connect one wire to +12v switched, and another one to INJ#9 (you can find it on ems connectors). You can check Dezod harness before, i don't known Dezod harness. And you also must tune VVT-i after that.
Or you can stay with OEM ECU for VVT-i.

Yes you can control A/T shifts but you need make some harness work and tune it from scratch.
AEM EMS can't control your A/T (A650E) because it has only 3 control outputs for shift solenoids, but A650E need one more.

Lexus GS300 '98 w/ 2JZ-GET - 616 Hp / 750 Nm on pump gas
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Dezod let you base kit with base map for starting ...
You must tune it for you goals.
Yes, I'm working on that, but maybe is a temperature read problem or maybe they forgot something to mod in the AEM, I saw somewhere that they mod the AEM to get good readings of stock sensors but I'm not sure.

Quote:
If you need control VVT-i by AEM EMS you must disconnect VVT-i solenoid from stock ECU, connect one wire to +12v switched, and another one to INJ#9 (you can find it on ems connectors). You can check Dezod harness before, i don't known Dezod harness. And you also must tune VVT-i after that.
Or you can stay with OEM ECU for VVT-i.
The stock ECU is controlling the VVT-i? When is its activating point? 5500rpm? How you know need to be connected to INJ#9 and you don't know the Dezod harness? Tune VVT-i? but AEM just have vtech tuning and it just have the desired rpm.

Quote:
Yes you can control A/T shifts but you need make some harness work and tune it from scratch.
AEM EMS can't control your A/T (A650E) because it has only 3 control outputs for shift solenoids, but A650E need one more.
I think this one I explain it wrong, actually I want that the AEM know when I'm in shift 1 and 2, low the boost to get 375-400whp and then when I'm in shift 3 to 5 AEM increase the boost to get the 500-600whp, I know I need a boost solenoid but is possible to make the AEM to do it?

Thank You for your answer

GTE Pistons and Rods
HKS 1.2mm Gasket
264 BC Cams
ID1000 injectors
76mm Ball bearing turbo
Head, Rods, Mains ARPs

RWHP Soon..

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpr1234 View Post
Yes, I'm working on that, but maybe is a temperature read problem or maybe they forgot something to mod in the AEM, I saw somewhere that they mod the AEM to get good readings of stock sensors but I'm not sure.

The stock ECU is controlling the VVT-i? When is its activating point? 5500rpm? How you know need to be connected to INJ#9 and you don't know the Dezod harness? Tune VVT-i? but AEM just have vtech tuning and it just have the desired rpm.

I think this one I explain it wrong, actually I want that the AEM know when I'm in shift 1 and 2, low the boost to get 375-400whp and then when I'm in shift 3 to 5 AEM increase the boost to get the 500-600whp, I know I need a boost solenoid but is possible to make the AEM to do it?

Thank You for your answer
1. You must check all sensors and readings before tuning.
It is not big deal ...
I belive that Dezod's ems works as piggy with oem ecu together and it dosn't control main relay, fans, fuel pump and e.t.c.

2. Usually yes, but some guys use AEM for it.
VVT-i is not VTEC, its very different systems.
VVT-i not has any starting points
I made all my harness from scratch using ALLDATA info & AEM manual. In your case Dezod made the harness for you. Therefore you must ask Dezod all about the harness.
AEM EMS has VVC tables & options to control VVT-i (see Setup->Advanced).
if you don't have some experience & knowelegdes with VVT-i and Dezod's AEM EMS base map don't contain well-tuned VVT-i tables .. then simple stay on stock VVT-i control.

3. I think yes, but you must to find you own decision with AEM's universal possibilities. At simple AEM is a tool in your hand. There is no any special functions like "Boost control by A/T shifts" but you can create it.
And yes you need boost solenoid to do it.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qphoton View Post
1. You must check all sensors and readings before tuning.
It is not big deal ...
I belive that Dezod's ems works as piggy with oem ecu together and it dosn't control main relay, fans, fuel pump and e.t.c.

2. Usually yes, but some guys use AEM for it.
VVT-i is not VTEC, its very different systems.
VVT-i not has any starting points
I made all my harness from scratch using ALLDATA info & AEM manual. In your case Dezod made the harness for you. Therefore you must ask Dezod all about the harness.
AEM EMS has VVC tables & options to control VVT-i (see Setup->Advanced).
if you don't have some experience & knowelegdes with VVT-i and Dezod's AEM EMS base map don't contain well-tuned VVT-i tables .. then simple stay on stock VVT-i control.

3. I think yes, but you must to find you own decision with AEM's universal possibilities. At simple AEM is a tool in your hand. There is no any special functions like "Boost control by A/T shifts" but you can create it.
And yes you need boost solenoid to do it.
Make sure all of the correct things are taken into account with the wizard for sensor profiles and such.

Your stock ECU controls fans, but if you need, you can wire them into the AEM and have it control them.

VVT is already controlled by the AEM. You just need to program it. Also, it's always active unlike VTEC from Honda.

The AEM EMS does not control your factory trans. The stock ECU still does that amongst many other things
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Aficionado

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

The warm up rpm is not set by the AEM, since the AEM can't manage drive-by-wire/cable-mix-system as in the IS300, so the throttle-motor is still
controlled by the OEM ECU. You would need a simple drive-by-cable throttle-body and add some additional vacuum control valve which can be driven by the AEM seperately, then it is possible to set the RPM range for engine warm up.

But you can set the enrichment for warm up (adding or reducing fuel),
it is the rpm/water temp graph in the warm up settings or start up settings.

As for your wish on the BHP-gains..... you can set the boost control by VSS (vehicle speed sensor) as I have done this on my IS300T.
You know how much speed the car can reach in each gear, so just pull the line to the boost level at your desired speed values.

As for the fans I think so, that they are controlled by the stock ECU.

Click Link to... .
My Project II
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

OK guys, I been very busy with my work, Thank You all for your answers, I disconnected the AEM until I rebuild my engine completely, no sense to calibrate it N/A if soon I will need to re calibrate all tables when finish engine.

GTE Pistons and Rods
HKS 1.2mm Gasket
264 BC Cams
ID1000 injectors
76mm Ball bearing turbo
Head, Rods, Mains ARPs

RWHP Soon..
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Thought id ask here instead of starting another thread. I got my IS300 back yesterday from being tuned and i have an jzs161 aristo engine and gt35r turbo. And it hits the limiter in every gear before it changes. I don't have the maf sensor in my piping anywhere but it is still connected. Would this be causing the problem ?And if so wheres the best place to put it in the cooler piping or the intake to the turbo?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Fiend

the best way is simulate maf by map & rpm for stock ecu
as example u can use SPLIT SECOND PSC controller ...
also u can use some AEM maps to do this, but u need external electronics to convert pwm signal to volts because AEM hasn't voltage outputs

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefy_300 View Post
Thought id ask here instead of starting another thread. I got my IS300 back yesterday from being tuned and i have an jzs161 aristo engine and gt35r turbo. And it hits the limiter in every gear before it changes. I don't have the maf sensor in my piping anywhere but it is still connected. Would this be causing the problem ?And if so wheres the best place to put it in the cooler piping or the intake to the turbo?
I would recommend leaving the MAF connected and in some stream of air for starters.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 08:09 PM

Anyone find out problem with cooant temp. I have same problem. Rad fan comes on at 150 car wont go to full operating temp. I have 180 thermostat in car. Is there a way to fix it or should I run a wire from aem to fan relay to control fan. I also have a code p1156 for oil control valve. How do I wire that. If possible email me evoxus1@aol.com thanks
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoxus View Post
Anyone find out problem with cooant temp. I have same problem. Rad fan comes on at 150 car wont go to full operating temp. I have 180 thermostat in car. Is there a way to fix it or should I run a wire from aem to fan relay to control fan. I also have a code p1156 for oil control valve. How do I wire that. If possible email me evoxus1@aol.com thanks
Start here:
http://my.is/forums/f184/dezod-aem-e...thread-434874/
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 PM

well I got my aem and installed it but am having problems starting. if any one has a good start calibration it would help
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8twiztid00 View Post
well I got my aem and installed it but am having problems starting. if any one has a good start calibration it would help
AEM should start and at least idle with the base cal provided.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

mine wouldn't
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page