LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Virgin Magnet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunkmixer View Post
Challenge accepted sir can you tell me whats gonna blow first at 15 psi with 220k on stock block internals. Though I will increase boost in increments to be on the safe side. BTW Is your ems supporting trac and dbw and is it pigged with a reset?
this forum has seen this over and over and over again and usually we never hear back from the person......

fast, cheap, reliable - pick two, three is impossible ....

the first thing that will go is your ring landings... like all the others

i run 1 bar daily on a fully built motor and have been doing it for nearly 80k miles. stock internals (barring an '01 - which only buys you a little more time/boost) is a time bomb with boost, especially pushing it. 7psi stock everything 12 psi with a huge headgasket is all i would go.

but theres so many cocky people that think they know better than what's already happened to 95% that have gone down that road.

go ahead, accept the challenge, it's not my money or time...

TUI
Motorsports
Own the dream

LC SSI 006
SWTEA Talon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somguy2u View Post
this forum has seen this over and over and over again and usually we never hear back from the person......

fast, cheap, reliable - pick two, three is impossible ....

the first thing that will go is your ring landings... like all the others

i run 1 bar daily on a fully built motor and have been doing it for nearly 80k miles. stock internals (barring an '01 - which only buys you a little more time/boost) is a time bomb with boost, especially pushing it. 7psi stock everything 12 psi with a huge headgasket is all i would go.

but theres so many cocky people that think they know better than what's already happened to 95% that have gone down that road.

go ahead, accept the challenge, it's not my money or time...
Thanks for the reply I hope I fall in the 5% range I picked faster than stock and "maybe" reliable, cheap is impossible. I was kinda being a smart ass, apologies. What I noticed with this build is we read threads see that it is possible to boost on a fully stock motor and ecu up to 10 psi no problems then some say it will blow if you don't do a,b,or c. Some just go for it and disappear like you said. some play it safe and try to use some sort of management with problems and they blow and disappear or come back with a complete rebuild or swap. I have been reading the shit out this forum and I know it's for reference where some take as gospel. I'm going low boost until I land on a stand alone set up and source a gte block or internals and and do the math, study the tuning. Seems the only way to go from what I noticed threads start with I got my kit and end with my motors getting swapped/built or they gone. The srt kit looks cheap after its all said in done. But for me I will follow suit test my luck while I build/source a block. To answer thread seems like the money is on and going into the GTE or GTE internals or just go......I will let you know if I pop with 225,000 on mine I have no shame.
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
I went the GTE internal route and I love it. Did a full build on the GE and scooped GTE rods and pistons for around 400-500$ new, had all of it balanced and assemble by the pros. When you see the GE and GTE rods laying next to each other on a table you will realize boosting the GE internals is a very bad idea. They look like toothpicks compared to the GTE rods. I also run a Micro-Squirt as a piggy back and have zero issues or codes. Granted it took a good bit of tuning time to work it all out (aka money). I highly recommend to not just slap a turbo on the stock motor for peace of mind at the very least, it is nice not having to worry every time you spool if your motor will hold up to it.

2002 E-Shift MSM
D2 RS | Volk GT-C | HKS Hyper
GTE Shortblock - Precision T57 - 860cc - Tial Goodness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page