User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Nope power is just fine. Gas mileage will probably be lower but other than that, no problems. It will feel kinda weird once it gets to 4th, cuz you'll probably be expecting it to downshift one last time but you'll get used to it.

Just keep in mind, once you do this, you'll lose the ability to read the ECU when the CEL comes on. So troubleshooting will be more difficult. I can tell you I'm planning on moving away from the Aristo ECU back to the IS ECU in a few months. (basically undoing everything i did the 2nd time around LOL)

Thought I'd warn you before you jumped the gun. Basically make sure you understand what your getting yourself into. As for the drive shaft, the measurement should be in the first post but I'd advise you to take your own measurement just to be sure.

And thanks for the kind words. People like you who appreciate what novices like us do make it worth it. I'm by no means an expert at any of this but the more eyes on the prize the more ideas and knowledge spread to make doing a swap like this even better and more accurate. So far I think we've all been pretty good.

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

If I'd like to do the wiring conversion my self for the body harness, is there a guide some where how to do it or is just to read up on the IS300 and Aristo ECU pin outs and see which goes where. Anyone done this by them selves and give some pointers or did you ran in to any problems?

Do you need to extend the Aristo ECU loom? Usually in RHD cars the wiring loom is shorter than the similar LHD one.
post #93 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rass Racing View Post
Hello guys,

I'm from Chile, and my car is in process of Swap.

Reading some post i found, that the drive shaft of my IS300 don't work on Aristo Transmission, my question is:

There exist a Aftermarket Drive shaft for this?

Or the Drive shaft of Aristo works?

If you guys know about this please i'll be really grateful.

(Sorry for my poor English)

Byee!!
:D
I had a custom driveshaft made by a local shop. they made an adapter flange between transmission flange and a universal yoke.
cost around 500$usd for a 1piece steel driveshaft with the universal ujoint and the adapter flange

6Gunz crew

post #94 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krister View Post
If I'd like to do the wiring conversion my self for the body harness, is there a guide some where how to do it or is just to read up on the IS300 and Aristo ECU pin outs and see which goes where. Anyone done this by them selves and give some pointers or did you ran in to any problems?

Do you need to extend the Aristo ECU loom? Usually in RHD cars the wiring loom is shorter than the similar LHD one.

look for wilbo666 2jz on google, you should find all the wiring info you need. My friend used his docs for my swap and everything works like factory beside water temp gauge.

th ewiring does not need to be extended since the ecu is in the engine bay at the same location as the aristo

6Gunz crew
post #95 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
[*]Intake and Exhaust Camshaft Seals (903114002) – you’ll need to remove both pulleys’ to get to these
This isn't the right part number, can you help me out with the correct one? I'm trying to get parts lined up for this swap!
post #96 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey guy's im going to buy Brian crower stage 2 cams along with BC cam gears for my internally stock lexus is300. It does have A full exaust & k&n intake. Do you guys know any information on the power I should be gaining or wether or not it's worth the upgrade. total cost of project will be around 1400$ Any ideas or opinions would greatly help thank u
post #97 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 09:14 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just to clear things up for myself, aristo harness and ecu can only be used in areas that DONT have emissions correct? Cause no one to date has a way of reading the aristo ecu. Which clearly means most of us have to go is300 ecu, is tranny, is harness with a piggyback
post #98 of 98 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

[QUOTE=wingzero;6685994]Stock Auto should EASILY hold the power from a stock GTE engine. No problems, provided you perform the VB upgrade and transmission cooler.

ECU is your personal choice, as is the Piggyback. AEM and E-Manage are probably the most popular though. If your car is running just like you want it, don't change the ECU. The only reason I went to Aristo ECU is cuz I just wasn't happy with the way it was running on the stock IS ECU.

when you say you don't like how the car ran with the stock ecu what do you mean by that and what difference did it make when you went to the aristo Ecu?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page