Lexus IS Forum banner

DBW Idle 'Bouncing' When Coming to a Stop

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  somguy2u 
#1 ·
So when coming to a stop, I noticed that the idle slowly bounces between 1000 and 2000 RPM until I come to a complete stop (in neutral/clutch is in). It never did this before until I took off and cleaned the throttle body. From what I can tell the TPS is in the same position and the set screw has never been played with. Cold starts are also higher than normal. When at a full stop it idles around 1000 RPM for a few seconds then slowly goes back to normal idle, around 700 RPM. It usually cold starts at 2000 RPM but now is around 2500 RPM. Any ideas on what this could be? I replaced the Aristo TB gasket when I put the TB back on. Running AEM EMS V1.

Thanks!

#6 ·
I had some idle surge on a bad tune with my Haltech some time ago. Maybe get your MAP checked out being that you made a change?

Not sure how sensitive the AEM is but my old Haltech wouldn't learn anything. Maybe just spark plugs too... ?

#7 ·
reset the ecu?

check for vacuum leaks. unplug the throttle motor and see what happens, if it still fluctuates its not the throttle but something else. i find a lot of my idle hunt is AFR closed loop feedback problems, or VVTi acting up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.