post #91 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris OK View Post
I'm not familiar with the custom O2 splicer, but you can do the same with some solder and heat shrink tubing where the wires enter the ecu.

thats what i though i had to do, splice and solder the wires and maybe some heat shirk make it look nice, but i guess there is something out there to make it PNP thats good too i didnt know / honestly i might sound the dumbest ever i have never done this before and im still kinda confused on all this, sorry for taking so much of this thread too on this subject Jesuspuppet..

also if you go with emanage ultimate and the pnp harness would it not have this already done on the harness? the harness does connects to the factory ECU

Last edited by Doesitcomeinblack_; 08-03-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Fiend

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Y'all are getting a bit mixed up. We are talking 2 different things.

b1s1 & b2s1: These 2 o2 sensors are in charge of fuel trim. They can be spliced/soldered together, but one must remain to keep the ecu CEL free and make your car run well.

b1s2 & b2s2: These 2 o2 sensors are in charge of making sure the cats are in working order. These are not necessary to make the car run well, but must be still used or simulated to keep the car CEL free. Karl Long sells o2 Simulators for these 2 sensors that is Plug n Play. These o2 sensors cannot be spliced to b1s1 nor b2s1, as the o2 reading should be different pre cat and post cat, so your ecu would think the cats are bad = CEL. The o2 simulator simulated the readings that the ecu wants to see (afr and heat signal) to keep the engine CEL free. You can also use an o2 defouler in front of the o2 sensor if you want to keep them plugged in.

04 IS300 MSM LSD Manual
-XS Power Turbo kit -Emanage Ultimate Tune
-SSR Type C 18x9.5/10.5 +20
-TRD Coilovers -TRD Sway Bars -CDD Delete
-Plastidip black Handles, grill, and stripe -
-Black Housing headlights and tailights
post #93 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Be.Parker: I'm smelling what your stepping in! I've still got my post cat oxygen sensors (b1s2 and b2s2) plugged into the exhaust stream just for the heater circuit. The actual signal wires are common at the ecu and terminate at my O2 sim.

My precat sensors (b1s1 and b2s1) have had the wires extended but still function as factory. However, when my turbo kit goes in, the signal from only ONE sensor will be feeding the ecu the primary signals at both inputs - just like you said.

Doesitcomeinblack:

I hardwired my Emanage ultimate, so I don't know about the pnp harness and its connection to the oxygen sensors. I really don't think it would splice them, but I don't know for sure.

post #94 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

I'm digging this thread. Lots of good discussion here. Plus several folks installing these "budget" turbo kits. I'm waiting on my XS power kit to arrive with the upgraded manifold.
Doesitcomeinblack_ likes this.
post #95 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Fiend

Quote:
Be.Parker: I'm smelling what your stepping in! I've still got my post cat oxygen sensors (b1s2 and b2s2) plugged into the exhaust stream just for the heater circuit. The actual signal wires are common at the ecu and terminate at my O2 sim.

My precat sensors (b1s1 and b2s1) have had the wires extended but still function as factory. However, when my turbo kit goes in, the signal from only ONE sensor will be feeding the ecu the primary signals at both inputs - just like you said.

Doesitcomeinblack:

I hardwired my Emanage ultimate, so I don't know about the pnp harness and its connection to the oxygen sensors. I really don't think it would splice them, but I don't know for sure.
Exactly. The o2 sim I have actually has 2 plugs that just plug in instead of the o2 sensors for post cat, so I don't have to do any rewiring at the ecu pins. I just plug in two plugs and boom!

As far as the EMU PNP harness having the sensors already spliced, I don't know, but I don't believe it does. I could be wrong, but I've never heard of that prior.

04 IS300 MSM LSD Manual
post #96 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Frequenter

Garage
oh boy, okay now im getting it .. i think .. i dont care about my cel being on but yeas would be a plus if i did not have my cel on.. however i wanna forget about the b1s2 and b2s2. the ones i wanna concentrate on are then what you are saying b1s1 and b2s1 because the ECU feeds off of this 2 o2 sensors for the fuel trims. So my down pipe has three o2 bungs where u can screw in three o2 sensors. however the first o2 bung on the down pipe will be used for the AEM air fuel gauge, that leaves the other 2 o2 bungs. one of those other o2 bungs will have lets say b1s1 installed in it and the last o2 bung will be keep with no o2 sensor screwed into it sealed. then i have to go the the back of the ECU and splice together the signals to make it like now b1s1's signal is also the same signal as b2s1 going into the back of the ECU. In other words the ECU now is going to read the same signal input because its now being given the same signal from the same b1s1 in this case instead of a split signal from b1s1 and b2s1 like factory?

im i getting somewhere now?

Last edited by Doesitcomeinblack_; 08-03-2016 at 12:07 PM.
post #97 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesitcomeinblack_ View Post
oh boy, okay now im getting it .. i think .. i dont care about my cel being on but yeas would be a plus if i did not have my cel on.. however i wanna forget about the b1s2 and b2s2. the ones i wanna concentrate on are then what you are saying b1s1 and b2s1 because the ECU feeds off of this 2 o2 sensors for the fuel trims. So my down pipe has three o2 bungs where u can screw in three o2 sensors. however the first o2 bung on the down pipe will be used for the AEM air fuel gauge, that leaves the other 2 o2 bungs. one of those other o2 bungs will have lets say b1s1 installed in it and the last o2 bung will be keep with no o2 sensor screwed into it sealed. then i have to go the the back of the ECU and splice together the signals to make it like now b1s1's signal is also the same signal as b2s1 going into the back of the ECU. In other words the ECU now is going to read the same signal input because its now being given the same signal from the same b1s1 in this case instead of a split signal from b1s1 and b2s1 like factory?

I don't know if the harness already has them spliced. But to play it safe I bought a connector that has two connections (to hook up to the factory harness...) And one connection to hook up to the O2 sensor. And you plug in that one O2 sensor that is responsible for making sure your car is running correctly .

As be.parker said the sim just simulates your catalytic converter working properly. Those have no effect on driveability . Send me a private message if you need help getting ahold of either of these things.
post #98 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Fiend

Quote:
I'm digging this thread. Lots of good discussion here. Plus several folks installing these "budget" turbo kits. I'm waiting on my XS power kit to arrive with the upgraded manifold.
So far I think we have 2 XSpower and 2 CXRacing .. I don't know what doesitcomeinblack has. I just need my 01' pnp harness and I can start the build.
post #99 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Fiend

Quote:

Yep! Exactly. b1s1 and b2s1 become essentially one o2 sensor that (because of splicing the inputs together per the diagram posted earlier in the thread) will give the ecu the same reading in 2 different o2 inputs (b1s1 and b2s1). It gets the signal from the one o2 left twice. That way, you don't have to worry about making 2 o2 inputs happy, just one.

The b1s2 and b2s2 o2 sensors are only important for those hoping to pass emissions with no CEL on, which many of us budget guys want to do.

04 IS300 MSM LSD Manual
post #100 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Fiend

In a few weeks I'll have a fairly thorough write up and explanation of my build and why I did it the way I did. Turbo should be on and running by Sunday, then Monday probably Exhaust shop, and Tuesday smog/registration. Thats the goal at least haha

04 IS300 MSM LSD Manual
post #101 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Frequenter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be.Parker View Post
Yep! Exactly. b1s1 and b2s1 become essentially one o2 sensor that (because of splicing the inputs together per the diagram posted earlier in the thread) will give the ecu the same reading in 2 different o2 inputs (b1s1 and b2s1). It gets the signal from the one o2 left twice. That way, you don't have to worry about making 2 o2 inputs happy, just one.

The b1s2 and b2s2 o2 sensors are only important for those hoping to pass emissions with no CEL on, which many of us budget guys want to do.
jaw dropping, this is crazy and genius! i guess this has to be done to better tune with the emanage with only one sensor's input rather than two, tricking the ECU ( is this what stops the factory ECU relearning itself back from the tune the emanage gave it? ) i read about this happening where the car runs good then it goes back to shit ect?

also guys ijust found an emanage for really good price but is coming off an 2001 is300 ( mine is 2002 ) i know there is a difference in the PNP Bomslang harness between 2001 and 2002 and up so ive read digging around. Does anyone knows if the EMU itself would have any difference since is coming off a 2001 IS?

cant wait to see ur build man
post #102 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Frequenter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuspuppy View Post
So far I think we have 2 XSpower and 2 CXRacing .. I don't know what doesitcomeinblack has. I just need my 01' pnp harness and I can start the build.
i have an XS power kit also.. thanks ont he info yes i will PM about that regardless to have that info just in case i want to have it easier it could save a life you never know thanks man
post #103 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Fiend

I bought an emanage with a 2002+ harness . Haha. I'll trade you!!
post #104 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be.Parker View Post

jaw dropping, this is crazy and genius! i guess this has to be done to better tune with the emanage with only one sensor's input rather than two, tricking the ECU ( is this what stops the factory ECU relearning itself back from the tune the emanage gave it? ) i read about this happening where the car runs good then it goes back to shit ect?

also guys ijust found an emanage for really good price but is coming off an 2001 is300 ( mine is 2002 ) i know there is a difference in the PNP Bomslang harness between 2001 and 2002 and up so ive read digging around. Does anyone knows if the EMU itself would have any difference since is coming off a 2001 IS?

cant wait to see ur build man

The 01' is completely different. If you get it... I will trade you harnesses. Because I bought the 02+ one because it was such a good deal. ( Like 50 bucks )
post #105 of 294 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 01:11 PM
Frequenter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuspuppy View Post
I bought an emanage with a 2002+ harness . Haha. I'll trade you!!
haha what year is your IS? my emanage did not came with a harness, that i have to buy. The emanage itself is coming off a 2001 IS300 and i dont know if there was anything different about the EMU itself too just like the harness? i will trade u if i had a part u needed lol

ive read something about having to set the jumpers inside the Emanage if i recall but im not sure about it

i will buy your 02* harness tho!! pretty please lol if u are not gonna use it lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page