cxracing turbo kit..........installed - Page 19 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 66Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
           
It's been said over and over again on these forums. The last thing you want to cheap out on is engine management. Or you can find out the hard way
somguy2u and Touge2jz like this.
jesuspuppy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Virgin Magnet
 
somguy2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by allturbo98 View Post
I was thinking about this as well because I was only going for at most 380hp. I was thinking of maybe the Greddy EMU or blue, AEM FIC, or a Haltech E6X. Anyone have any other ideas. If I went standalone, I thought of Megasquirt, Haltech, or the Infinity, but I think that is quite a bit of money for such little power.
money isn't for power, it's for precise control, it's for reliability, driveability, and ease of use.

ms3pro is solid and probably the best bang for buck. e6x is complete crap, proefi is WAY overpriced, AEM v2 is solid for the price but you have to know what you are doing to make it work, infinity would be my choice of upgrade but having to add sensors (Fuel pressure) and power wiring just irritates me considering my AEM (both v1 and v2) works with all stock sensors + MAP and wiring

TUI
Motorsports
Own the dream

LC SSI 006
SWTEA Talon
somguy2u is offline  
post #273 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Virgin Magnet
 
somguy2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady89066 View Post
Guys,

I think I might have a solution for our problem.


Has anyone checked out one of these......
Output Controllers | Haltech - Engine Management Systems
what problems does this solve?

TUI
Motorsports
Own the dream

LC SSI 006
SWTEA Talon
somguy2u is offline  
 
post #274 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by somguy2u View Post
what problems does this solve?
Here ya go bud

Device Emulator 8

Overview:
The Haltech Device Emulator 8 was designed for use in “piggy back” style applications where the OEM ECU remains in the vehicle to control currently un-supported functions (eg Automatic Transmission , Electronic Throttle).
The Haltech Device Emulator 8 provides the OEM ECU with emulated signals to stop fault codes when the Haltech is controlling functions like ignition, fuel and boost.

Engine Suitability:
• Various

Features:
• 8 x Inductive load outputs
• 8 x Pull down to Ground resistor outputs
• 6 x Pull up to 12V resistor outputs

Power Requirements:
• Source: 8.6 to 16.5 Volts DC
• Consumption: 360mA @ 12Volts DC

Physical Dimensions:
• Length: 57mm
• Width: 64mm
• Height: 28mm

Weight:
• Device Emulator: 90g (0.20 lb)
• Harness: 180g (0.40 lb)

Haltech Signal Emulator Kit Inlcudes:
• Haltech Device Emulator 8
• Quick Start Guide

Optional Accessories:
• 1m Harness (HT040004)
• Plug and Pin Set (HT030007)

Downloads:
Haltech Device Emulator 8 Specifications
Haltech Device Emulator 8 Quick Start Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady89066 View Post
Guys,

I think I might have a solution for our problem.


Has anyone checked out one of these......
Output Controllers | Haltech - Engine Management Systems
i will ask haltech when i call to see if compatible with our inputs

Last edited by somguy2u; 03-16-2017 at 02:22 PM.
pfunkmixer is online now  
post #275 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Virgin Magnet
 
somguy2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
           
i read the brochure, but what problems does it solve?

don't look for answers without understanding the problem
White2003Lexus likes this.

TUI
Motorsports
Own the dream

LC SSI 006
SWTEA Talon
somguy2u is offline  
post #276 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by somguy2u View Post
money isn't for power, it's for precise control, it's for reliability, driveability, and ease of use.

ms3pro is solid and probably the best bang for buck. e6x is complete crap, proefi is WAY overpriced, AEM v2 is solid for the price but you have to know what you are doing to make it work, infinity would be my choice of upgrade but having to add sensors (Fuel pressure) and power wiring just irritates me considering my AEM (both v1 and v2) works with all stock sensors + MAP and wiring
MS3 seems like the one I keep hearing to get. Do they make a harness for a 2001 AT though?
allturbo98 is offline  
post #277 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:15 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by somguy2u View Post
i read the brochure, but what problems does it solve?

don't look for answers without understanding the problem
For the problem of piggy back issues is what he was referring to is the problem I understood. Wasn't necessarily looking for an answer just helping others with a decision to decide upon based on piggy back vs. standalone issues on newer units.

Which Quoted from the brochure you read "The Haltech Device Emulator 8 provides the OEM ECU with emulated signals to stop fault codes when the Haltech is controlling functions like ignition, fuel and boost."

Possibly solving the problem for some riding around with a scanner resetting there light to go into boost.
Shady89066 likes this.
pfunkmixer is online now  
post #278 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Virgin Magnet
 
somguy2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunkmixer View Post
For the problem of piggy back issues is what he was referring to is the problem I understood. Wasn't necessarily looking for an answer just helping others with a decision to decide upon based on piggy back vs. standalone issues on newer units.

Which Quoted from the brochure you read "The Haltech Device Emulator 8 provides the OEM ECU with emulated signals to stop fault codes when the Haltech is controlling functions like ignition, fuel and boost."

Possibly solving the problem for some riding around with a scanner resetting there light to go into boost.
passing OBD2 emissions with a standalone

easy MAF clamp for standalone users

P1300 Simulator

p1300 simulator
leave VVT-i alone
zener diode in the maf circuit

the rest is making the o2 sensors happy - that's just tuning. I didn't see where you could simulate primary or secondary 02 values.

TUI
Motorsports
Own the dream

LC SSI 006
SWTEA Talon
somguy2u is offline  
post #279 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
ugh just bought a used cx kit off the ebay looks ok except mild dent to side of intercooler so I'm officially in the thread. hope its a good one
pfunkmixer is online now  
post #280 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunkmixer View Post
ugh just bought a used cx kit off the ebay looks ok except mild dent to side of intercooler so I'm officially in the thread. hope its a good one
You bought the $1300 kit?
allturbo98 is offline  
post #281 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by allturbo98 View Post
You bought the $1300 kit?
yes dont know if its worth the 300 savings but we'll see, still going back and forth on management, and fuel set up
pfunkmixer is online now  
post #282 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:18 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunkmixer View Post
yes dont know if its worth the 300 savings but we'll see, still going back and forth on management, and fuel set up
Hope it turns out great. Let me know what you do about management. I was watching that kit and was thinking of Greddy ultimate but kept hearing so many people say to just go standalone. I was thinking of MS3 but cant find any PNP harness for a 01 AT.
allturbo98 is offline  
post #283 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Virgin Magnet
 
somguy2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
           
making a harness s fairly simple, just need a patch harness if you want to maintain the stock wiring harness. but there are many wiring diagrams out there, I could make one if you really needed one.

TUI
Motorsports
Own the dream

LC SSI 006
SWTEA Talon
somguy2u is offline  
post #284 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NM
Posts: 152
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by somguy2u View Post
making a harness s fairly simple, just need a patch harness if you want to maintain the stock wiring harness. but there are many wiring diagrams out there, I could make one if you really needed one.
I might have to take you up on it if I decide on the MS3.
allturbo98 is offline  
post #285 of 298 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by allturbo98 View Post
Hope it turns out great. Let me know what you do about management. I was watching that kit and was thinking of Greddy ultimate but kept hearing so many people say to just go standalone. I was thinking of MS3 but cant find any PNP harness for a 01 AT.
not too great turbo has at least 1/16 or more of shaft play the turbo is a journal style which I read has some allowable play with no oil pressure spins good checking with cxracing for rebuild kit will be buying a quality turbo anyway wanted this for a back up and tester at least. anybody notice any play in their shaft before I light this guy up. I dont know what i'm going to use if i go standalone it will be haltech or aem infinity, if piggy aem fi/c or look into ms3 looking at e85 fuel option also this is the shitty part when you got most of it and still need more. you dodged a bullet on this one 300 bucks more and you have a new kit unless cxracing gets you on shipping. kits ok intercooler not dented was a photo issue but i still have to rebuild bov, and w/g if I keep may just upgrade or rebuild also. missed my chance on the other one some one here probably got, the new kit someone sold a few months earlier for like 1200.00 I got his cams though cheap
pfunkmixer is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
pfunkmixer
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome