User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm going to stop neg. contributing to this thread....you cant believe every thing you read online. I'll make a better contribution when I have this bad boy apart in my garage next week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkellucci View Post
I'm going to stop neg. contributing to this thread....you cant believe every thing you read online. I'll make a better contribution when I have this bad boy apart in my garage next week!
Shame on you!!! LOL JK

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
post #63 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkellucci View Post
At least now you'll have a jump start. Best of luck.

Car sold to a good new home!

Full Aristo 2JZ-GTE BPU++ - Getrag v161 - EMU - Brembo BBK - CCW Classics 9F/10.5R - 255/35F - 285/30R - AAR Arms - GReddy Type-S - Hotchkis Sways - Teck Kit - Prolex / Cusco STB - Full ICE - HKS Drager - Prosport Prem Boost/EGT/FP - Innovative LC-1/XD-16 - Goodridge SS - TRD F/R Underbrace - Greddy Profec B Spec II - Megan Toe Arms

post #64 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

1:1 OE FPR and a standalone should be a nice working combo. No need for rising rate unless your using winky little injectors. Plus there is a cap off to how much a rising rate helps, its not a linear graph line, fuel pressure increase = more fuel, it starts to taper off to the point of no increase at all.

Sequential is overrated, get more from your injectors JK

I like your wide band teck, I went with the DB series, gets the job done, but yours is teh nice. Shoulda done my homework haha.

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
post #65 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a couple questions if I were to get the entire front clip from an Aristo.

- Is there a "best" year to get? Or are all of them pretty much equal?

- Can the Aristo motor, wiring, and ECU be put into the IS300 without too much hassle? Or should I just put in the motor and run a standalone ECU?

- Should the 4speed transmission be put in or should I leave my stock 5 speed manual? I'm not planning on getting more power than what the stock Aristo outputs.
post #66 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
1:1 OE FPR and a standalone should be a nice working combo. No need for rising rate unless your using winky little injectors. Plus there is a cap off to how much a rising rate helps, its not a linear graph line, fuel pressure increase = more fuel, it starts to taper off to the point of no increase at all.

. . . .

Rising rate regulators main purpose is to offest the boost pressure in the intake tract not to increase the amount of fuel injected at higher boost pressures. If you are running 40psi of boost and have 40psi fuel pressure in your fuel rail even when the injector open there is no pressure differential therefore no way for the fuel to "flow" out of the rail.
post #67 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Altruist

teck, what flywheel are you running? Sc300? Supra?

I want to run a stock flywheel on mine bc I am going to run the w55 untill I get my w58.

Stock is300 flywheel with w55

Stock sc300 flywheel with w58? stock sc300 clutch with w58?

o2' Black Onyx IS300 - Back to stock :( for now.
post #68 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Guru

I'm running a supra NA flywheel for the weight savings without going a super lightweight AL one.

W55 or W58 really has no bearing on the flywheel u can use.

It's more about the clutch/PP that you choose as that has to be matched to the sprung/unsprung flywheel.

Full Aristo 2JZ-GTE BPU++ - Getrag v161 - EMU - Brembo BBK - CCW Classics 9F/10.5R - 255/35F - 285/30R - AAR Arms - GReddy Type-S - Hotchkis Sways - Teck Kit - Prolex / Cusco STB - Full ICE - HKS Drager - Prosport Prem Boost/EGT/FP - Innovative LC-1/XD-16 - Goodridge SS - TRD F/R Underbrace - Greddy Profec B Spec II - Megan Toe Arms
post #69 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Stock TSi View Post
Rising rate regulators main purpose is to offest the boost pressure in the intake tract not to increase the amount of fuel injected at higher boost pressures. If you are running 40psi of boost and have 40psi fuel pressure in your fuel rail even when the injector open there is no pressure differential therefore no way for the fuel to "flow" out of the rail.
I guess I should have been more specific. 1:1 is a "rising rate" fpr, and I had just noted its a good item for boost.

What I meant by then countering in the next sentance that a rising rate is not necessary, is what I meant is the types of regulators mentioned on these boards that are more than a 1:1, for the application of getting enough fuel out of OE injectors with the OE ECU's n/a tune to actually run rich in boost. I beleive they are have a "gain" setting, and can raise fuel presssure in a lon-linear way.

Note to self, use proper terminology to avoid basic auto 101 leasons. Sorry if I come off pissed sounding, but I had recently just did a bunch of re-plumbing of my TRD S/C setup to utilize the FPR setup properly, and so getting a lecture on how it works was a smack to the face, not to mention my post (#53) clearly demonstrates I have a grasp of what these devices do, and how it is in relation to tuning/injector characteristics.

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.

Last edited by BlackSportD; 01-20-2008 at 11:26 PM.
post #70 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Altruist

Hey guys, did you use your IS300 powersteering and a/c compressor or the GTEs'? All the lines on the gte's are cut . I think it would work just to unbolt them from the GE while still on the car, and leave them hang out of the way and rebolt them to the gte?

post #71 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Use the parts from the GE, they fit exactly the same.

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
post #72 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Altruist

ok sweet. How in the hell did you get your crank damper pulley off! I gave up on the breaker bar and i am going to toyota to see if i can coax them to let me have the Specialty tool they use.

For reference for the sticky:

Part # 09213-70010 is the crankshaft pulley holding tool
Part # 09330-00021 Companion Flange holding tool (includes pin)

post #73 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Altruist

do I have to have a powersteering cooler like tecks? or can i just re-route it around/infront/ behind the intercooler?

Edit: I am also pulling the crank pulley to replace the front main seal, and going to replace the rear main seal also. I also have to take it off to reach the tensioner for the timing belt to replace the timing belt.

post #74 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Guru

You can do whatever u like...just make sure you have some sort of PS cooler.

post #75 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Altruist

K cool, rep you both again when I can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page