User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

All GTE injectors are side feed. You can swap to the USDM injectors if you like. Nothing wrong with the Aristo FPR. It just works with OEM reliability. How much hp are you shooting for?

Car sold to a good new home!

Full Aristo 2JZ-GTE BPU++ - Getrag v161 - EMU - Brembo BBK - CCW Classics 9F/10.5R - 255/35F - 285/30R - AAR Arms - GReddy Type-S - Hotchkis Sways - Teck Kit - Prolex / Cusco STB - Full ICE - HKS Drager - Prosport Prem Boost/EGT/FP - Innovative LC-1/XD-16 - Goodridge SS - TRD F/R Underbrace - Greddy Profec B Spec II - Megan Toe Arms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Addict

Without this crap physically in front of me I'm just shooting off what I've 'read' from different sources. Regardless, I'll be going with a 700ish cc injector and whatever rail is best suiting. An Aeromotive FPR for $150 probably isnt a bad investment either. As it stands, the stock twins will be replaced for ease of fitment (and knowing full well that going single will only be a matter of time for me).

Keep up the good work!
post #48 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Guru

You can convert to a top feed rail and have access to cheaper top feed injectors.

Full Aristo 2JZ-GTE BPU++ - Getrag v161 - EMU - Brembo BBK - CCW Classics 9F/10.5R - 255/35F - 285/30R - AAR Arms - GReddy Type-S - Hotchkis Sways - Teck Kit - Prolex / Cusco STB - Full ICE - HKS Drager - Prosport Prem Boost/EGT/FP - Innovative LC-1/XD-16 - Goodridge SS - TRD F/R Underbrace - Greddy Profec B Spec II - Megan Toe Arms

post #49 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Altruist

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Teck,

If I keep the aristo fuel rail and injectors, is there a plug for a fuel return line? or do I have to tap the rail?

If I go usdm fuel rail and injectors, is there also a plug for a fuel return? or like the other do I have to tap it?

Cause I was thinking about gettin a custom rail made by another member on here.

o2' Black Onyx IS300 - Back to stock :( for now.
post #50 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Guru

You've said your hp goal is 400 in another thread...y all the effort to swap out something that works?

The Aristo already is setup to use a return system.

post #51 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Altruist

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

how much better can a fuel return system be? what would the benefits be with an aftermarket system? It's just sending fuel back...right.

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
post #52 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Altruist

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeCKis300 View Post
You've said your hp goal is 400 in another thread...y all the effort to swap out something that works?

The Aristo already is setup to use a return system.
Thats me being retarded about it. I didnt know that it was already set up and that all I had to do was run the line. I have not had a chance to look at my motor for too long.

o2' Black Onyx IS300 - Back to stock :( for now.
post #53 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
how much better can a fuel return system be? what would the benefits be with an aftermarket system? It's just sending fuel back...right.
Teck, correct me if I'm wrong, but how much of a difference did you have to tune around going from a 40psi constant fuel pressure to a variable fuel pressure dependent on vacuum?

Hypothetically speaking I would think the injector pulse width time for one tune on the same engine but with 40psi constant fuel pressure would be slightly different than an ECU for the same engine that uses an FPR that uses a vacuum reference. IMO it would be simpler to tune from scratch (injector pulse width wise) with a car that has the vacuum FPR setup than a constant fuel pressure setup (were you would have to tune around 40psi at the injector squirting out more or less fuel dependent on what pressure is in the cylinder). So IMO the FPR does some of the tuning for you, but if using an OE ECU already tuned for 40psi constant, there must have been some tuning all around the spectrum to work with the variable of now introducing an FPR to the system. (and this would be why the TE S1 kits would need a one way valve so that their FPR could not see vacuum, but only boost).

If all this is true, I would have thought tuning with a piggy around the OE ECUs maps would have been tricky at the least with an FPR system. Was this a task you had to do or was it hardly a problem, did you install a one way valve or do I have it all wrong completely?

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
post #54 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
You will run out of injector without a FP riser in the loop.

post #55 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
Teck, correct me if I'm wrong, but how much of a difference did you have to tune around going from a 40psi constant fuel pressure to a variable fuel pressure dependent on vacuum?

Hypothetically speaking I would think the injector pulse width time for one tune on the same engine but with 40psi constant fuel pressure would be slightly different than an ECU for the same engine that uses an FPR that uses a vacuum reference. IMO it would be simpler to tune from scratch (injector pulse width wise) with a car that has the vacuum FPR setup than a constant fuel pressure setup (were you would have to tune around 40psi at the injector squirting out more or less fuel dependent on what pressure is in the cylinder). So IMO the FPR does some of the tuning for you, but if using an OE ECU already tuned for 40psi constant, there must have been some tuning all around the spectrum to work with the variable of now introducing an FPR to the system. (and this would be why the TE S1 kits would need a one way valve so that their FPR could not see vacuum, but only boost).

If all this is true, I would have thought tuning with a piggy around the OE ECUs maps would have been tricky at the least with an FPR system. Was this a task you had to do or was it hardly a problem, did you install a one way valve or do I have it all wrong completely?
Excellent observation and this is one of the tuning nuances that most people don't even get into, let alone understand.

I will leave it at this - absolutely true and yes, this makes things tricky.

post #56 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Glad I'm not off base with this.

I'm afraid that this 40psi constant is going to make tuning my MS tricky.

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
post #57 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Addict

Just goes back to the question someone asked - why use the stock FPR which has constraints or limitations... RR FPR FTW
post #58 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Guru

So tell me...what are those supposed "constraints or limitations?"

post #59 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeCKis300 View Post
So tell me...what are those supposed "constraints or limitations?"
^TBD, I dont know. Key word is supposed-What exactly are the flow rates or properties around the Toyota FPR? Where does it crap out with larger injectors pushing an excess of fuel off to be sent back to the tank? A 40psi constant flow rate vs variable vacuum controlled or rising rate is significantly different when it comes to tuning. All I'm saying is for $150 I probably care not to even know...I'll be opting for a rising rate fpr that I know I can tune satisfactory with an E6x.
post #60 of 795 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Guru

Not sure if u'r talking about the IS static regulator or the Aristo rising rate regulator.

The Aristo, like all GTE's, already has a vacuum/boost reference rising rate fuel pressure regulator. No point spending money on something that is already there and plenty capable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page