2JZGTE VVT-i swap MAF question. - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

KELIEO is an unknown at this point
2JZGTE VVT-i swap MAF question.

I know the part # for the 2JZGTE VVT-i Swap is 22204-46010. I have the whole swap completely finished however when I received my motor it did not come with a 2JZGTE VVT-i MAF sensor. Which the VVT-i 2JZGTE motor requires both MAP AND MAF sensors to make the engine run properly.

I have contacted Carson Toyota and they say they can get it for me but, it will take 4-6 weeks to receive it directly from Japan. $330.00 + freight. I am trying to locate one I donít care if itís USED or NEW. I just did not want to have my car down for another 4-6 weeks till the part can come in. I have tried looking on the Forums, eBay, craigslist, and the NET with no luck.

I know I can use the GE MAF Sensor from the IS300 but when the boost kicks it it will buck and surge. If anyone knows of any alternatives as far as a MAF, I can use to speed up the process I would appreciate it. Or if anyone has one or knows where I can look to find one I would greatly appreciate it!!!
KELIEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deity

Eminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community memberEminence is an elite community member
You need to specify how you have your engine management system setup, whether you're using a GTE ecu or some sort of external management system.

I believe in the case where you are using either a piggyback or standalone ecu, you can disregard the use of the stock MAP and MAF sensors.
Eminence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

KELIEO is an unknown at this point
Sorry, I left this info out before in my post:

I had Doc at Phoenix Tuning rewire my engine harnesses for the 2JZGTE VVTi and I am using the Aristo GTE ECU with my swap. I also have a Apexi SAFC for my Fuel management to help with the tuning until I can get something better.

Just trying to figure out the MAF sensor issue because I am having such a hard time finding a Aristo VVT-i one. 22204-46010.
KELIEO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)