Lexus IS Forum banner

1jzgte with cd009!!! Has anyone on here done this setup???

19K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Havikalpha 
#1 ·
What's up everyone. I've had my 05 5spd is300 for 3 years as my first car since high school. I've always worked on project cars drift cars etc. My parents are getting a new car so I have the option to keep their old siena as a daily. So now I can have my car out of service for a while and still commute to school and work No problem. Next weekend I'll be putting on my bn kit and my widebody so I'll post up pics when that's done. I've been to a few drift events with my car and the time has come for more power.

I looked at the numbers for a proper nat build and its running around 4. 5 that's after the tune and me doing all the work. But that is still with the crappy w55 which I managed to blow on stock power already.
From doing research my best bet is to get a 1jz. From what I've read I know pretty much the entire 1jz harness connects to our ecu but only for 01 is's , from what I've researched you might be left with 3 connectors that will have to be soldered. And since I have a 05 I'll just have to get 01 connector pins. Supposedly your entire dash will still show all the readings. In my area (Chicago) you can get a 1jz for around 1k or like my buddy, he got a clip with a 1jz r154 for 3200 shipped to him. Since I'm still in college not making amazing money this is a budget build. I'd prefer to get a 1jz alone and use a cd009 with it since it will be stronger than a r154 and if I'm patient and piece my parts it will come out cheaper.
With a little hammer bashing a cd009 will fit in our tunnels.

So the main question is...
Is it really that simple to connect a 1jz with our cars? ( yes ik it has to be a vvti )
I'm fine with the stock 1jz twins for now until I can afford a single swap , standalone etc.
And would the cd009 route be better and cheaper than a r154 since I can pick up one for around 300-400 in my area plus another 300 I believe for an adapter plate from collins.
And then I got quoted 400 for a custom drive shaft from a local shop.
If tried doing all the research I can but couldn't find much on my specific scenario. If any of you have done this, your input would be much appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
A 1J VVTI can be wired running both the JDM ECU and your stock ECU to maintain all the CAN BUS functionality, either splice directly or get a Boomslang harness extension. Also, VVTI engines come stock with a single CT15b. If you can truly get a CD009 for that cheap and don't care about bashing your tunnel go for it. AR5's are double the price you stated on average.

#5 ·
Since I want to stay on stock ecu for now without a piggy back or standalone due to the budget ik I'll have trouble with the electric throttle and will have to get an older tb that's driven by wire.
Now ik drift motion make s a delete for 20$ . Does anyone have experience with this ?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Collins makes an adapter kit and so does a company called SerialNine. You can either bash the trans tunnel or saw the bellhousing of the CD009 off and run an adapter plate with another bellhousing. There is a guy on instagram that has a 2JZ with a CD009 in his IS300 and it supposedly fit perfect with one of the adapter kits.

#9 ·
Shifter location sucks, gearing sucks (unless you swap diff).

#11 ·
A650e

R154

cd009

v160

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.