What you thought would never happen to the BMW X6... - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deity

Roundtable Panelist
-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member
What you thought would never happen to the BMW X6...

Quote:
BMW AG chief executive officer, Mr. Norbert Reithofer, announced today that the BMW X6 had been already sold out for this year. According to him, BMW plans to produce 40,000 units in average worldwide in a full production year during the product's lifecycle. Half of the worldwide production quota will be reserved for U.S sales.

Surprising that the X6 is sold out? Well, not really, most of the U.S dealerships sold their cars within the first week and there is a waiting list already at some of them. Wait until the X6 xDrive50 hits the showrooms….Do you remember the article I have posted about BMW X6 vs Porsche Cayenne and Range Rover ? It was based on an internal BMW document which compared the above cars head-to-head. The article made waves all over the web and it has been bashed by many people. Like here

No one really believed that the X6 will be such an outstanding car. I remember talking to a BMW employee that had the opportunity to test the car back in January and his exact words were: "Everyone will be blown away by the performance and handling of this new model, there is simply no other car in its class that will match up".

If you haven't had the chance to drive one, call your local dealers and maybe you'll find one that you can drive.

Update: Just to clear out the confusion, by SOLD OUT, BMW meant being sold out from the factory to the dealers. There are still dealers that have some X6's on the lot, but many of them don't, based on the area and the market they are in.

BMW X6: SOLD OUT !
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aficionado

unisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community memberunisoundSD is an elite community member
I finally saw one on the road a week ago...pretty much pointless...
Class 7 open #701
unisoundSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-09-2008, 04:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Follower

flightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community memberflightz71 is an elite community member
I knew I wasn't the only one who was crazy!

I fell in LOVE with this car when it came out... I absolutely LOVE the aggressive shape of the car... the super sloped rear end that has high and muscular shoulders with fatty rubber exposed under the bumper.

It seems though a LOT of car enthusiasts hate this car...

lol i guess # of cars manufactured = # of ppl as crazy as me!!
flightz71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-09-2008, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Altruist

Pawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community member
I wonder if this vehicle would be the next RX330/350 wanabe? I think I see that happening, all the soccer moms and dads out there driving it.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Addict

hasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community member
It's hideous! There must be a lot of nut jobs out there.
hasanazhar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Immortal

EricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community member
The X6 has only 1.5 more cubic feet of cargo capacity than a 535xi wagon..
X6 35i curb weight: 4,894 lbs
535xi wagon curb weight: 4,100 lbs

The 535xi offers better acceleration, better fuel economy, similar interior dimensions (the 535 offers marginally more rear head and leg room), and better handling (due to 800 lbs less curb weight and lower center of gravity)...

The X5 is for people who don't like the wagon image and will compromise some performance for extra ground clearance & utility value. I'm not sure who the X6 is for...
Eric...
EricK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Extremist

JPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community memberJPLexIS is an elite community member
I just dont get what BMW was trying to accomplish with the X6. Its worked out for them I guess.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Guru

KraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community memberKraxyKanuck is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricK View Post
The X5 is for people who don't like the wagon image and will compromise some performance for extra ground clearance & utility value. I'm not sure who the X6 is for...
So a lot of the American market? This is truly a car built for Americans. They should just send the whole production amount here. The rest of the world will just buy wagons.
KraxyKanuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Aficionado

ucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community memberucool22 is an elite community member
i saw it at the dealership, it actually doesnt look too bad, in a way i like it better than the x5 and def over the x3
ucool22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Follower

2005 ToyDrive Participant
BCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community member
That's crazy! I was just at the BMW factory in SC and saw nothing but x6's. All of the cars (SAV's) comming off the assembly line were x6's. I was telling my friend why are they producing so much it's not going to sell! Well I guess I am wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)