RC F to be named RC500 F in Canada and will be 5 Litre - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Canadianus Superiorus

k3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community member
RC F to be named RC500 F in Canada and will be 5 Litre

Back in May, I reported that Toyota Motor Corporation had filed an application for the trademark "LEXUS RC F" in Canada on April 22, 2013.

The nomenclature including the word LEXUS is somewhat unusual as Toyota invariably files its trademarks for the car designation alone, such as in the U.S. where an application for only the mark "RC F" was filed.

At the time I suggested that the inclusion of "LEXUS" in the overall trademark makes me believe Toyota thought they might not get "RC F" alone as a trademark in Canada. Indeed, there was a Canadian trademark application that was previously filed November 3, 2010, by Weir-Jones Engineering Consultants Ltd. of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, for the mark "RCF" which covers products like "Automotive lubricants for terrestrial and marine vehicles; automobile parts; automotive parts for terrestrial and marine vehicles". In general, due to the overlap with Lexus' "automobile parts", Weir-Jones would be entitled to the trademark registration once they start to use the trademark on such products in Canada. Furthermore adding the word LEXUS before the RC F mark would not necessarily avoid the problem of not being entitled to trademark registration.

On September 24, 2013, Toyota Motor Corporation filed an application for the trademark "RC500 F" under Application No. 1644774. This mark will more likely make it to registration.

Besides the possible inability of Toyota securing worldwide trademark protection for RC F and possibly having to use alternate nomenclature in Canada, it is telling that the engine capacity for the RC F will definitely be only 5 litres.

No one is going to hand you success, so go out and conquer it yourself.
k3vo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)