Informed Speculation: the 19 new Toyota, Lexus and Scion models launching in 2012 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Übercargeek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Informed Speculation: the 19 new Toyota, Lexus and Scion models launching in 2012

Coinciding with the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, trade publication Automotive News held its annual World Congress of car industry executives. Among the events held there on 10 January 2012 was a speech by Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A.’s Group Vice President and Toyota Division General Manager Bob Carter where he announced that 19 new or updated Toyota, Scion and Lexus products would go on sale this year.

Taking this as a challenge, I came up with this list of what I believe to be the 19 vehicles in question:

1) Lexus GS350
2) Lexus GS450h
3) Toyota Prius C
4) Toyota Prius Plug-In
5) Scion FR-S
6) Toyota Land Cruiser (mid-life refresh)
7) Lexus LX570 (mid-life refresh)
8) Scion IQ EV
9) Toyota RAV4 EV
10) Toyota RAV4
11) Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
12) Toyota Avalon
13) Lexus ES350
14) Lexus ES300h
15) Lexus RX350 (mid-life refresh)
16) Lexus RX450h (mid-life refresh)
17) Lexus LS460
18) Lexus LS600h
19) Toyota Avalon Hybrid

The criteria I used to come up with this list, as well as extra commentary and other possibilities that might bump one or more of these off the list, are detailed in a pair of Kaizen Factor stories ( Informed Speculation: the 19 new Toyota, Lexus and Scion models to launch during 2012 | Kaizen Factor and Bob Carter’s baffling riddle (or, the mystery of the 19th new Toyota for 2012) | Kaizen Factor ).

So, what do you think? Did I miss the mark in any way?

Industry Editor, Moderator, All-around Car Nut and the official my.IS Grandpa
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."—Soren Kierkegaard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page