ES300h and HSD Trademarks Filed by Toyota Motor Corporation - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Canadianus Superiorus

k3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community memberk3vo is an elite community member
ES300h and HSD Trademarks Filed by Toyota Motor Corporation

Toyota Motor Corporation has filed for the following trademarks in Canada and the US:

1. ES300h for use in association with "Automobiles and structural parts thereof" under:
A. Canadian Trade-Mark Application No. 1507011 on December 8, 2010;
B. U.S. Trademark Application No. 85193249 on December 8, 2010.

2. HSD for use in association with "Automobiles and structural parts thereof; engines for land vehicles" under:
A. Canadian Trade-Mark Application No. 1504968 on November 23, 2010;
B. U.S. Trademark Application No. 85183366 on November 23, 2010.

HSD is not much of a surprise ... Hybrid Synergy Drive

However, with a ..300h power train going in the ES, will it be long before we see an IS300h?

No one is going to hand you success, so go out and conquer it yourself.
k3vo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Addict

hasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community member
Who cares?! Toyota/Lexus continues to ignore customer demands to build more exciting cars. The only thing they had going for them (quality) is now questionable, at least when it comes to customer perception. After the colossal failiure of the HS250h, they're introducing yet another lackluster, dull car destined for an early retirement: the CT200h. Instead of making better cars overall, they're hell bent on hybridizing their lineup when no one gives a rat's ass about hybrids, while at the same time their competitors are beating them at the hybrid game as well. Toyota/Lexus hybrids are now trailing the pack, still using the same prius technology from 10 years ago (e.g. they don't use the lighter, more efficient Lithium batteries), thus their hybrids are super heavy and thus slow and terrible handling - not to mention, the production of their hybrids produces more pollution and a net negative environmental impact.

They could learn a thing or two from BMW, MB, and Audi (and even Jaguar), who are employing way better technology (e.g. BMW's efficient dynamics), and yet their cars just keep getting better looking and performing.

It takes Toyota eons to bring a new model to market and when it does finally arrive, it's already trailing outgoing models of other marques, so in a couple of years it's completely irrelevant.
hasanazhar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Übercargeek

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
jruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3vo View Post
However, with a ..300h power train going in the ES, will it be long before we see an IS300h?
Two years, possibly.

I did more than my share of speculating on future Toyota and Lexus hybrids in these stories I wrote for the Kaizen Factor blog:

Informed Speculation: The 7 new Toyota and Lexus hybrids due by the end of 2012 | Kaizen Factor

and

Informed Speculation: 7 or 11? The other 4 upcoming Toyota and Lexus hybrids. | Kaizen Factor .

And, of course, this latest bit of news is the subject of my most recent article there:

Lexus and Toyota’s newest registered trademarks: ES 300h and HSD | Kaizen Factor
Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exclusive Agent

my.IS Supporter
JayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanazhar View Post
Who cares?! Toyota/Lexus continues to ignore customer demands to build more exciting cars...... Instead of making better cars overall, they're hell bent on hybridizing their lineup when no one gives a rat's ass about hybrids....
They are doing this because the Government says so. Their average MPG has it hit a certain number by 2013. (I think) From what I understand, Toyota and Lexus are the only companies that are close to the mark that they need to achieve.

I would like to see more exciting cars, However, the demographic that actually purchases thier cars like what they have done.

I would like for instance to see more Manual Transmissions. When they introduced the IS300 with a manual transmission, if the manuals were flying off the shelves, this would have sparked their interest. However, manuals sold about 1:10 in comparison to the automatic option. Only the enthusiast (about 10% of the market) demands such option. so, they target the other 90% everyday luxury car buyer. I have a number of friends tha work for Lexus and have explained all this to me. With their development in their auto trans I don't blame them. If you have driven an IS-F, you know what I'm talking about. That transmission is nothing short of outstanding.

You will see more exciting development with the IS-F, GS-F and LFA. In years to come they will have a handfull of sport devoted cars (F-series and LFA type), but the majority of their customer base doesn't want 400hp. They want decent power delivery with luxo options and could care less if it can pull a 1.0g on the skid pad, because they are just going to and from work and will never use the car like that.

I would like them to use Lithium batteries instead of Nickel or whatever they use now. That does make sense. I can't say I see a reason as to why they still use those. Maybe they purchased some sort of interest in those batteries long ago and have to be financially commited to them. I dunno.

I don't disagree with you, I'm just trying to explain thier thinking in all of this. (if anyone cares)
+rep.
.......... 2002 DWP IS300 Turbo (sold)..........
JayMarino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-20-2010, 05:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

cadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishment
Wow! Your comments are really stupid!
You said Audi???! What the hell have they ever brought to the world?! Nothing... 0! Besides; Audis are butt-ugly and has sub-par quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanazhar View Post
Who cares?! Toyota/Lexus continues to ignore customer demands to build more exciting cars. The only thing they had going for them (quality) is now questionable, at least when it comes to customer perception. After the colossal failiure of the HS250h, they're introducing yet another lackluster, dull car destined for an early retirement: the CT200h. Instead of making better cars overall, they're hell bent on hybridizing their lineup when no one gives a rat's ass about hybrids, while at the same time their competitors are beating them at the hybrid game as well. Toyota/Lexus hybrids are now trailing the pack, still using the same prius technology from 10 years ago (e.g. they don't use the lighter, more efficient Lithium batteries), thus their hybrids are super heavy and thus slow and terrible handling - not to mention, the production of their hybrids produces more pollution and a net negative environmental impact.

They could learn a thing or two from BMW, MB, and Audi (and even Jaguar), who are employing way better technology (e.g. BMW's efficient dynamics), and yet their cars just keep getting better looking and performing.

It takes Toyota eons to bring a new model to market and when it does finally arrive, it's already trailing outgoing models of other marques, so in a couple of years it's completely irrelevant.
cadxz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Exclusive Agent

my.IS Supporter
JayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community memberJayMarino is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadxz View Post
Wow! Your comments are really stupid!
You said Audi???! What the hell have they ever brought to the world?! Nothing... 0! Besides; Audis are butt-ugly and has sub-par quality!
He stated his opinion, that's what this forum is for. You just insulted him and gave silly statements with no facts. Clean up your act. This isn't the Honda forums.
-rep.
.......... 2002 DWP IS300 Turbo (sold)..........
JayMarino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-21-2010, 01:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

cadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishmentcadxz is dangerously close to banishment
I hate opinions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMarino View Post
He stated his opinion,
cadxz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-21-2010, 05:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

MrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadxz View Post
I hate opinions...
You're gonna love it here
BMWs are built for f0**ers who appreciate an engaging driving experience. Lexus cars are designed for anal retentive people who feel the feedback from the road is a nuisance instead of a bonus.
I'm a f#$%&r then
MrGregski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Addict

hasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community member
cadxz, like JayMarino said, I was only stating my opinion, which we're all entitled to...there's no need for insults. I've been a lifelong fan of Toyota (as a company and an automaker)...their cars have had a reputation of reliability and in general have been good products (still are, in spite of the whole recall mess). But the last 10-15 years has seen an exponential improvement in automotive design, quality, and performance, but I feel that Toyota has been too focussed on profits to care about keeping up. How Senior Management could have approved the latest Corolla design (the Corolla's supposed to be the world's best selling car), when Honda already had its current Civic out, and Hyundai, Chevrolet, Mazda, and Ford all were bringing drastically better products in that class to market is beyond me. The current Corolla is pretty much the worst car in its class, whether it's interior/exterior design, performance, amenities, anything. For a car maker that was once a global leader to deliver such a half assed product just annoys the hell outta me. The same goes pretty much across their entire product spectrum. They just don't seem to have the drive to be market leaders, let alone remain competitive. Plus, in the US, I feel that they immediately need to change their marketing campaign. They have the worst ads, focused only on sales events, rather than their products. Also, IMHO, they haven't dealt with this recall mess in the best way possible. So things need to change dramatically at Toyota, or their decline would be inevitable.
hasanazhar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Crester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community member
hasanazhar... I agree with your point of view. Toyota's whole main strong point before was their quality. Now everybody else has stepped up their game big time... while Toyota had to scale back to be competitive. I don't know what to tell Toyota to do... because they need to be financially successful... but somehow the other guys are making quality vehicles for a good price.

In many car segments now... I can't see why you'd choose Toyota products. The only Toyota products I see that are better than their rivals are the Sienna, Tundra and Venza.

Why would you buy a Corolla when you can buy a Mazda3 or Hyundai Elantra? Why buy a Camry when you can buy a Hyundai Sonata? Why buy a Yaris when you can buy a Mazda2/Ford Fiesta?

As for the Lexus line-up... are any of them substantially better than their competitors?

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
Crester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)