BMW Named UKs Cleanest Automotive Company - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 04:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deity

Roundtable Panelist
-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member
BMW Named UKs Cleanest Automotive Company

Quote:
It was released earlier today that BMW is the United Kingdom's cleanest Premium Auto Maker. Premium is a key word here. But still, it wasn't Lexus, it wasn't Mercedes-Benz, it wasn't, okay, okay, you get the point

The study was done by an independent green company called Clean Green Cars. The study was done for all over the industry and labeled the BMW brand of cars the cleanest and the greenest of all premium cars sold on the U.K. BMW was found to have, from January until June of 2008, to have only produced an average of 161.64g/km. Lexus, owned by Hybrid toting Toyota, recorded 194.85g/km. Ouch! Supposedly the greenest automaker in the world is suddenly producing the least. Audi and Mercedes-Benz even did better with 177.36g/km and 192.85g/km. Jaguar went over the 200g/km mark and Porsche did an average of 275.64g/km. In all fairness, Porsche has the smallest line-up of cars and only makes sports cars.

Clean Green Cars also showed that BMW has decreased its average level of emissions by 11.34%. Lexus has only helped theirs by 2.16%. Audi improved by 5.78%, Mercedes went down by 4.13%, Jag went down only 2.04% and Porsche increased their emissions by 0.63%.

BMW of course has been showcasing their new EfficientDynamics vehicle line for some time now, and it's obviously payed off for them. They have been working hard to meet the EU emission restrictions and have done so ahead of schedule. They are already working hard to meet the newest EU6 legislation tagged to go into effect in 2014.

Now, if you live in the England, you can rejoice and feel free to let out a nice sigh of relief since you passed over that Toyota Prius for something, say, I don't know, a little bit more worth your time? Hopefully now you won't have the British greenies all over you about your poor judgment in saving the Earth.
BMW Named UK’s Cleanest Automotive Company
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Follower

2005 ToyDrive Participant
BCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community memberBCMPOWER is an elite community member
green cars that you can enjoy driving, wow what a concept! Now let's see what BMW can do when it launches their version of a Hybrid. Unfortunately I drive one of their most polluting models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)