BMW Diesles: Order up! - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deity

Roundtable Panelist
-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member
BMW Diesles: Order up!

Quote:
We are pleased to announce the 2009 335d Sedan & X5 xDrive35d are now available for ordering via the Order Bank. Please be sure to read the bulletin for more details on the 335d and X5xDrive35d. Below are just a few of the highlights:

The 335d boasts a best in class EPA fuel economy of 23/36 MPG (city/hwy). This makes it the most fuel efficient BMW ever sold in the US, and also gives it the highest ever EPA MPG rating of any 6 cylinder vehicle ever offered in the US (gas or diesel). Even with its fuel-saving characteristics the 335d keeps up with the performance leaders by accelerating 0-60 mph in 6 seconds flat, making it faster than the all new Audi A4 3.2 and Mercedes C350.
Like the 335d, the X5 xDrive35d stands out as a sporty, high-torque Sports Activity Vehicle with excellent qualities for long-distance motoring. The BMW X5 xDrive35d achieves an EPA rating of 19/26 MPG (city/hwy) and accelerates from 0-60 in 6.9 seconds, making it the fastest, most efficient Diesel SUV available in the US.
We should be getting more info shortly and we will let you know. At this point Iím assuming the first diesels will hit the U.S dealerships sometimes in November.
BMW 335d and X5d available to order
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Altruist

Pawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community memberPawel is an elite community member
Sweet wonder what the premium would be over a 335i. The big thing is, how the gas vs diesel cost would behave. By that I mean what the difference would be between the two, right now even at $0.73 per gallon higher cost of diesel over premium in my area makes it economically feasible (assuming that you get 26mph Highway with 335i)
Old 10-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deity

Roundtable Panelist
-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member-=Hot|Ice=- is an elite community member
Quote:
It is officially official. The diesels will begin production in November and will be delivered to dealers mid December.

The 335d will have a best in class EPA fuel economy of 23/36 MPG making it the most fuel efficient BMW ever sold in the US as well as the highest rated EPA MPG 6 cylinder engine ever in the US. With 0-60 in 6.0 seconds it is quicker to that mark than the all new Audi A4 3.2 and the MB C350.

The X5d (as we like to refer to it as) will have an EPA rating of 19/26 MPG with a 0-60 time of 6.9 seconds; making it the fastest and most efficient SUV in the US. Both models will have a highway range of over 580 miles. Both will qualify for the IRS Alternative Motor Vehicle Tax Credit.

The 335d will have the same option profile as the 335i except for unique sport package wheels on the 335d. The X5 35d will have the same option profile as the X5 30i. Active steering is not available on either model.

We will update you with pricing and ordering guides as they become available
BimmerFile Archive BMW Diesel Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Extremist

cdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community membercdeslandes is an elite community member
It's about time. BMW makes very nice diesels. More reliable than their gas engines, too.
cdeslandes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Extremist

mrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community membermrmonster is an elite community member
Hmm I thought the 335d would be faster 0-60 with all that torque.
mrmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Guru

ckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community memberckolsen is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmonster View Post
Hmm I thought the 335d would be faster 0-60 with all that torque.
Torque probably runs out around 4500 rpm, and probably have to shift twice on way to 60 mph.
ckolsen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Addict

hasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community memberhasanazhar is an elite community member
This is very exciting...can't wait to drive a BMW diesel. If I had the money, I'd love to own one of these and eventually drive it, in part, on bio-diesel.
hasanazhar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)