2009 Chevrolet V8 SS Mule Spotted In California: - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guru

Roundtable Panelist
gbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community membergbb357 is an elite community member
2009 Chevrolet V8 SS Mule Spotted In California:

Quote:
This thinly disguised Holden Commodore based Chevrolet with SS badgetry was spotted yesterday (July 12) just outside of San Diego, California. Practically, we’re talking about a sister model to the upcoming Pontiac G8 GT with the 362Hp 6.0-liter V8 unit. Unfortunately, GM people impolitely covered the nameplate of the Michigan plated Chevy mule so we can’t be sure of the model. While many of you would love this prototype to be the rear-wheel drive successor to the Impala SS, we’re betting it’s either the Brazilian Omega SS or (most probably) the Middle-Eastern market Lumina SS.

gbb357 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/ Awesome \/

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist
ItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community member
This car=win

Tail lights need to be bigger though, they seem too small out back of that huge ass.
ItalynStylion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/ Awesome \/

ItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community memberItalynStylion is an elite community member
I honestly hope Chevy has the common sense to produce it.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Follower

SDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community memberSDIS300 is an elite community member
Whoever took these pics followed the car for several miles. Not sure if I like the front end that much.

Sam
SDIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/ Awesome \/

without the notch for the license plate it should look very nice
Old 07-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Übercargeek

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
jruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community member
It's too similar to the Pontiac G8. That "Chevrolet SS" isn't meant for the North American market. As the blurb in the initial post says, just like the Australian-built Holden Commodore SS is mildly revised and the recipient of a nose job to become the Pontiac G8, an even milder facelift transforms it into the Chevrolet Lumina SS which is how it's sold in the Middle East. The Chevrolet Omega is the same deal when the Holden's exported to Brazil, but I don't think they get the SS version.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Class III Aficionado

drunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community memberdrunkenmonkey is an elite community member
Looks like a TL with 7th gen Civic tails and IS300 headlights.

“I’m sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch.” - Jezza
drunkenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Loyalist

tyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community membertyks is an elite community member
decent looking for an american car...

I'm not fond of the front as well... looks too much like an aftermarket rice kit.
love the fender flares, but what's with the M3 wannabe side sill slots?

F-Sport lowering springs
Ignited 6000K HID
tyks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
\/ Awesome \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruhi4 View Post
It's too similar to the Pontiac G8. That "Chevrolet SS" isn't meant for the North American market. As the blurb in the initial post says, just like the Australian-built Holden Commodore SS is mildly revised and the recipient of a nose job to become the Pontiac G8, an even milder facelift transforms it into the Chevrolet Lumina SS which is how it's sold in the Middle East. The Chevrolet Omega is the same deal when the Holden's exported to Brazil, but I don't think they get the SS version.
This is what I'm talking about! All the US manufactures CAN make decent cars, THEY JUST REFUSE TO SELL THEM HERE! Wth, seriously.....we get screwed on all the cool cars. It's like every manufacture in the world builds a bad ass car and then before they ship it here they strip everything cool out of it or just choose not to sell it here....
Old 07-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Guru

twin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community membertwin is an elite community member
looks dull imo. At least they're trying.
twin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Black Hole

Justin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community member
when can we finally expect an end to the vented fenders? I'm guessing that in the next year or so as taurus sales pick up, the vents will be more associated with the Taurus family hauler than performance cars. I can't wait.

"Dude, cool. How did you get Taurus fenders on your M3?"

-Justin
Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Übercargeek

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
jruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
when can we finally expect an end to the vented fenders? I'm guessing that in the next year or so as taurus sales pick up, the vents will be more associated with the Taurus family hauler than performance cars. I can't wait.

"Dude, cool. How did you get Taurus fenders on your M3?"

-Justin
That's awesome...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
S B D

my.IS Supporter 2006 ToyDrive Participant
amsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community memberamsfoto is an elite community member
Yeah thats the Holden...I wasnt aware that GM was badging it a Chevy here, but we know for sure that the Pontiac G8 is coming here. This car is really badass...if I was going to buy an american car in the next year or two this would be the one.
amsfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-16-2007, 07:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Übercargeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsfoto View Post
Yeah thats the Holden...I wasnt aware that GM was badging it a Chevy here, but we know for sure that the Pontiac G8 is coming here. This car is really badass...if I was going to buy an american car in the next year or two this would be the one.
Reread my post #6 on this thread. It's NOT coming here as a Chevy, just as the Pontiac G8. The Chevy badging is only for the Middle East, Brazil and, I think, South Africa.

For more info, Wikipedia's "Featured Article" for today (Monday 16 July) happens to be a very informative write-up on the Holden Commodore and all its international derivatives. As one of its source articles says, once the Pontiac G8 goes on sale here, Australia will be exporting this Zeta platform sedan to every continent in the world except Antarctica.

Holden VE Commodore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Enthusiast

trev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community membertrev0006 is an elite community member
I think it looks great, hope it has good performance.

Avon Tires BF Goodrich tires Bridgestone tires Continental tires Dunlop Tires Firestone Tires Fuzion Tires General Tires Goodyear Tires Hankook Tires Hoosier Tires Kumho tires Michelin Tires Pirelli Tires Sumitomo tires Toyo Tires Uniroyal Tires Yokohama tires winter tires tirescarsparts

Last edited by trev0006; 06-25-2010 at 12:14 PM.
trev0006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)