Replacing IS300 speakers - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2004, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

darkness is an unknown at this point
Replacing IS300 speakers

i am getting a jl audio 12in W6 sub, with a 500/1 JL amp. I hear that the lexus speakers are crappy, what would you recommend me to replace them with, along with amp. I have friends that work at best buy, so i can get some discounts. I want good components, but nothing too expensive. also should i replace the tweeters? should i get 2 or 2 way speakers? should i also replace the headunit? also, would i need a capacitor? or is the stock power system good enough.
darkness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2004, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fiend

10K2HVN is an unknown at this point
you DONT need a cap.

dont waste your money on coaxials, please.

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2171

those are some nice components for the money. <too bad they raised the price from $215 to $245....
10K2HVN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-21-2004, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Country Boostin

Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant
OKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community member
Use the search button every single question you asked here has been answered well over 100 different times
07 C6 Z06
97 Supra tt 6 speed
Forced Induction Facts *READ THEM* Its some good stuff!
OKCIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-22-2004, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCIS
Use the search button every single question you asked here has been answered well over 100 different times

i guess you didnt read where i wrote about the best buy discount. i wont use the search feature, its a waste of my time. much quicker to make a thread and ask my question...

Last edited by vlad_a; 11-23-2004 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10K2HVN
you DONT need a cap.

dont waste your money on coaxials, please.

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/2171

those are some nice components for the money. <too bad they raised the price from $215 to $245....
did you mean dont buy speakers that have a tweeter built in? im not lloking to spend 300 dollars for 2 door speakers. i want something cheap in price that sounds good. friggin sub and amp are already costing an arm and a leg

does the setup that you linked me only have two 6.5in speakers? would i still need tweeters and 6x9s? what amp do you recommend for all of the components and should i change the head unit?

Last edited by darkness; 11-22-2004 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Country Boostin

OKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community memberOKCIS is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness
i guess you didnt read where i wrote about the best buy discount. i wont use the search feature, its a waste of my time. much quicker to make a thread and ask my question...

Thats why its a waste of our time to help you out cause you are too lazy to research anything on your own...
07 C6 Z06
97 Supra tt 6 speed

Last edited by vlad_a; 11-23-2004 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCIS
Thats why its a waste of our time to help you out cause you are too lazy to research anything on your own...
...the main point of my thread was to see if anyone could recommend some speakers that i could pick up at best buy. i didnt see any other thread covering this subject. before i made my post, i couldnt find anyone who recommended a certain set of speakers over the other...

Last edited by vlad_a; 11-23-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Country Boostin

Quote:
...the main point of my thread was to see if anyone could recommend some speakers that i could pick up at best buy. i didnt see any other thread covering this subject. before i made my post, i couldnt find anyone who recommended a certain set of speakers over the other...
...And to answer your question the Kenwood Titaniums that best buy carries sound pretty decent
07 C6 Z06
97 Supra tt 6 speed

Last edited by vlad_a; 11-23-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Fiend

Quote:
did you mean dont buy speakers that have a tweeter built in?
yes, the ones with the tweeter mounted in middle of the mid and cost cheap (because they are cheap).

Quote:
im not lloking to spend 300 dollars for 2 door speakers. i want something cheap in price that sounds good.
that IS cheap! and sounds good.

Quote:
friggin sub and amp are already costing an arm and a leg
dont think youre "cool" just because you have JL Audio equipment. theres better out there for less money.

Quote:
does the setup that you linked me only have two 6.5in speakers? would i still need tweeters and 6x9s? what amp do you recommend for all of the components and should i change the head unit?
they are components. separate mids and tweets with crossovers.

6x9s?

if you want them.

amp?

ill get back to you if you actually get something worth while..

hu?

i would.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Guru

vlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community membervlad_a is an elite community member
People, please keep it civil! I had to edit some of your responses. There's no reason to flame in this thread.

I will, however, agree, that it is a good practice to search first, then ask questions. Some people get upset and won't respond with informative posts when they have answered the same thing many times over.

Carry on.
- CompuStar 2W900FM-AS Alarm/Remote Start, Optima Red Top battery, White LED Interior
- Koni Yellow Adjustable, Eibach Pro Springs

'13 NGP RX450h
On order: '15 WRX STI
vlad_a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-24-2004, 03:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Loyalist

2005 ToyDrive Participant
JAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community memberJAEohEN is an elite community member
Quote:
dont think youre "cool" just because you have JL Audio equipment. theres better out there for less money.
i dont think he was trying to rub in hes using JL equipment...

and my friend who works at car install at best buy told me theres nothing worth putting in your car for sale there if your trying to get good sound,unless your trying to get a HU..
JAEohEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-24-2004, 06:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAEohEN
i dont think he was trying to rub in hes using JL equipment...
what im really trying to say is dont waste your money on JL audio. Nice stuff - dont get me wrong..i just rather have a TC2+ or TC9 sub for less money and have (tested/proven with) less distortion. TC2/TC9 are different models of subs made by TC Sounds. basically, you can get two TC2+'s for the price of one W6v2 that would get louder and be more accurate.. or two TC9's for the price of one W7....^^^

you can order directly from tc sounds or from a rebadged dealer Sound Splinter..

Quote:
and my friend who works at car install at best buy told me theres nothing worth putting in your car for sale there if your trying to get good sound,unless your trying to get a HU..
i find that statement very true...
Old 11-24-2004, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

if i were to get those alpine components, what kind of amp should i run them off....

i kinda dont want to change the stock hu, but i will if i have to
Old 11-24-2004, 12:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Immortal

Roundtable Panelist 2006 ToyDrive Participant
magoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community membermagoo is an elite community member
MRV-F340 is a good amp to run those.

I dont know why you are running two w6v2's, that amp is going to severely underpower them. Going with just one would probably be better...

Totally agreed, Best Buy carries more of the mainstream budget consumer stuff, thats why their car audio department is in the back of the store. They do have a few pieces, however, that are decent. And they'll be carrying Alpine in January, so it might pay to wait that extra month and then your friend can really hook it up phat with the Alpine equipment.
I would give Denard a blowjob while I wear my #16 Michigan jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
maybe your the one that's stupid. It's spelt "Canada", not "canadia"
magoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Extremist

Romyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community memberRomyo247 is an elite community member
Quote:
it dont matter if its on sale or not the employees at best buy get employee discount whether its cheap or not...they got 2000 dollar pioneer flip outs for 800 bucks just a month or 2 ago....they get more of a discount on a good stuff then they do on the stuff already on sale

Enrique -
'04 GGP IS300 E-Shift - SOLD
'08 BBM IS250AWD
Romyo247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)