removing rear speakers... - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

scblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community memberscblueIS is an elite community member
removing rear speakers...

I looked at a lot of places, but i couldnt find any info on how to take the rear shelf off to remove the rear speakers, i already removed the rear seats, c-pillar covers, and uncliped the brake light, but i just couldnt remove the shelf. i dont know if its the 3 clips or the speaker covers/grills thats holding it in place or both. I couldnt get them off. if there is a thread on this already, im sorry.

regards

-kev
scblueIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fiend

my.IS Supporter
crow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community membercrow2004 is an elite community member
http://my.is/forums/f103/useful-audio-posts-128656/

Did you unbolt the two tie downs behind the headrests?
Old 03-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deity

Johnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scblueIS View Post
I looked at a lot of places, but i couldnt find any info on how to take the rear shelf off to remove the rear speakers, i already removed the rear seats, c-pillar covers, and uncliped the brake light, but i just couldnt remove the shelf. i dont know if its the 3 clips or the speaker covers/grills thats holding it in place or both. I couldnt get them off. if there is a thread on this already, im sorry.

regards

-kev
Definitely not speaker grill. Could be the clips. Assuming you unscrewed the 3x anchors on the rear deck lid.
Johnnysks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Follower

zelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community memberzelakil is an elite community member
Did you remove the car seat tie downs?

It is better to have modded and F-d Up than to never have modded at all...
zelakil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)