Need help installing aftermarket stereo in 2001 is300 - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Branden798 is an unknown at this point
Need help installing aftermarket stereo in 2001 is300

Ok, I have a 2001 is300, and I'm looking to install an aftermarket double DIN stereo. I have not done any sort of install like this before, therefore I am getting a friend to help but he isn't familiar with my car. After readings some topics on this forum and online I am a little confused

I've purchased an Alpine INE-S920HD and now I need to figure out what I need next.

What I am confused about is the wiring harness. Do I need to bypass the amp and do some soldering, or does the Metra TYTO-01 wiring harness take care of that? Is that wiring harness necessary for what I am doing?

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Branden798 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Aficionado

omega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community member
yes you should get the tyto-01 and there's instructions on here on how to modify it for a 2001 lexus
BC Racing Coilovers Dezod Brake lines JVC Head Unit
omega05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, so that harness will let me connect to my amp, and i just follow the instructions here and I am good to go?

And is this
Axxess tyto-01 Axxess tyto-01
the same thing, even though it just specifies that its good for toyota?

Last edited by Branden798; 06-15-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Aficionado

omega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community memberomega05 is an elite community member
that axxess isn't the same thing as the metra (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
BC Racing Coilovers Dezod Brake lines JVC Head Unit
omega05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

ok, then would this
harness harness
be what I need then? its from the same dealer. I just want to make sure I get it right and need to order it soon since its much cheaper to get it shipped to Canada.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fiend

the.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community member
srsly a simple use of the search button would of helped:

IS300 Headunit Install
Old 06-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well, that didn't answer any of my questions the.wong.kid, but thanks for trying. Can you tell me then if there is a difference between the Axxess and Metra wiring harnesses i posted, and which one would be good for me to use?
Old 06-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fiend

the.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community memberthe.wong.kid is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branden798 View Post
Well, that didn't answer any of my questions the.wong.kid, but thanks for trying. Can you tell me then if there is a difference between the Axxess and Metra wiring harnesses i posted, and which one would be good for me to use?
is this metra tyto-01?

no difference, just old packaging vs. new packaging
Old 06-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Alright, good to know. Thank you both for your help
Old 06-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Troydizzle is an unknown at this point
On the is300 make sure u call metra the digital turn on wire is different than what's wired in the harness for some models to turn the factory amp on.... Axxcess is there division of metra that makes the modules for advanced aftermarket integration
Troydizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lurker

mr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community membermr.jack is an elite community member
Installing my kenwood ddx790 was easier than I thought. Just look at the wiring instructions from your new head unit and connect the wires on the new wiring harness. It is really simple! The hardest thing to do is fitting the new wiring harness and the radio antenna, the radio antenna wire was really short for my install so I had almost no room and had to pull on it. If you don't want to solder, get the wire splice kit from crutch field or something
mr.jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #12 (permalink)

Audi defector is an unknown at this point
Please post some pictures of this, I would like to do this to mine but I don't want it to look like shit
Audi defector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)