Electronic door locks don't work... - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frequenter

Inimical is an unknown at this point
Electronic door locks don't work...

Soo, my remote key no longer unlocks or locks the doors nor does the lock switch inside the car door. I now have to manually lock and unlock all doors. Tested ALL fuses and they seem to be fine....anyone have any ideas??
Inimical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Frequenter

Inimical is an unknown at this point
Ok, so the locks work when the car is on, not when it's off. Guessing it's a "constant power" issue. I checked the fuses again, all are fine. Anyone know if and where the relay location is for accessories??
Inimical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast

specONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community member
there; are three fuse boxes.. u checked every single one?
theres one in each kick panel and then one under the hood.

plusONEcrew +1
specONE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Enthusiast

specONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community memberspecONE is an elite community member
check fuse labeled MPX-B
passenger side kick panel. that looks like main power source for door locks looking at my schematics i have in front of me.

plusONEcrew +1
specONE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-27-2010, 12:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lurker

droppedlex is an unknown at this point
i think your car battery is running low. i've seen some cars do that before. Try leaving your car running for a while to wehre the battery is fully charged, or may be its on its last straw
Old 08-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Jcooper94 is an unknown at this point
i have a similar problem. when i click the unlock or lock button, all doors work except for the driver side front door. However it does not beep. It only beeps after i have manually locked the driver side front door and then pressed the lock button. any suggestions?
Jcooper94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fiend

eihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcooper94 View Post
i have a similar problem. when i click the unlock or lock button, all doors work except for the driver side front door. However it does not beep. It only beeps after i have manually locked the driver side front door and then pressed the lock button. any suggestions?
Your problem is the door actuator on the driver side front door. Theres a thread that shows you how to replace it. Or you can just replace the motor for like 15 dollars total. Theres a thread on that too. Just search.
-Competition Clutch Disc Sprung Full Face Organic
-13.56lb Steel Flywheel
K&N FIPK Gen 2 Air Intake
APPRADIO 3

eihcir90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Frequenter

04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member04blackis300 is an elite community member
I had the same issue and I fixed it. I went to carson toyota and purchased a new actuator.
04blackis300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fiend

eihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community membereihcir90 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04blackis300 View Post
I had the same issue and I fixed it. I went to carson toyota and purchased a new actuator.
I dont think its the door actuator for the op. His seems to not work at all. If i remember correctly....this is from working with my dad. I think its the driver side door lock switch. Like if that switch doesnt work then no switch in the car work. or maybe thats for windows. But i highly doubt that all of his actuators broke at the same time.
-Competition Clutch Disc Sprung Full Face Organic
-13.56lb Steel Flywheel
K&N FIPK Gen 2 Air Intake
APPRADIO 3

eihcir90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

rjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community member
I do not know if this thread is still active, however I have a similar problem with my 2007 Lexus IS 350 ( I just bought it used from a local dealership in Springfield Virginia in June of 2011 and now out of 30 day warranty ). My Door locks work fine except for the passenger front door will not lock or un-lock with the switch on the door itself. The driver side switch will work and the remote key will also work the locks fine, however the passenger door switch itself will not. I just had window tint put on and thought that the installer screwed something up and when I went back in to have them look at it, this is what we found when he pulled the door panel off along with the switch assembly on the door handle. The installer (who was very nice to do this for me) disconnected the locking switch (along with the assembly) and there are two screws holding the circuit board underneath the switch itself. This circuit board pulls away from the switch and has a wire connector on the bottom that goes to the wire harness to the door lock actuator. Now looking at the circuit board when it is installed in the assemble it looks fine, however turning over the circuit board there was a crack all along the other side the length of the silicone board. We could also see that someone attempted to solder two sections of the circuit board (I guess to make the electrical connection for the switch when it is used to lock or unlock the door. At this time I do not know what this part is called or even if you can just order this part and replace the circuit board with the wire connector on it or if I will have to buy an all new switch with circuit board to replace this unit. If anyone can supply a diagram or information in what this would be called or part number etc etc I would greatly appreciate it. I am writing this so that some who might just have one door lock on the car not working (not the driver side as I think that is controlled in a different way from what I have been reading.) might check this small circuit board for cracks or damage. I am going to see if I can use a circuit board from one of the rear switches just to see if this works to let me know if it is the circuit board. I will post once I can find the time to do this.
rjvelazquez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Deity

Johnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community member
Wrong forum, and a trip to the dealership will yield the part number and price of parts. Good luck with your repair.
03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
Johnnysks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

rjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community memberrjvelazquez is an elite community member
Sorry and thanks I guess it would be the DIY forum? I posted there also, just getting use posting questions and again thanks.
rjvelazquez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Deity

Johnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community member
Well, this is the forum for the first generation (01 - 05).
03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
Johnnysks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)