I have an is300 that's been sitting dormant for about 12 months.
PICS ON THE LINK:
Let's start with the good:
0. It drives!
1. two mechanics and a car tinkering friend say that the engine and drivetrain are good.
2. two mechanics say the transmission is good.
3. the panels are in good condition but the paint...that's another issue.
4. It's got pretty good pick up and go...almost all of the time.
5. The leather seats are mostly not torn
6. The following were replaced in 2014: Wheel bearing, timing belt, serpentine belt, water pump, engine related gaskets , camshaft seals.
7. There were other repairs done but I don't have that list with me.
Let's end with the bad, in "as I think of it" order:
1. The ultimate undoing of the car is rainwater sneaking its way into the car. It was puddled up and I don't know where the leak is coming from. This means mold. Cleaned now.
2. Guessing the rotors are bad...shaking when braking
3. Sometimes the car won't accelerate. The pedal to the floor and it won't go. Again, two different mechanics say "transmission is fine".
4. Paint issues.
5. Interior cosmetic issues
6. Passenger rear view mirror issues
7. front bumper is literally taped up with gorilla brand tape. It has held for nearly half a year, through rain and intense heat. It's amazing. Buy the tape.
8. The a/c has a slow leak but blows.
9. The power adjustment knobs on the seats are gone. It's possible to adjust the seats but it is difficult.
10. Opening the gas door thing requires a song and a dance.
11. A prior owner decided to mod parts of the dash with a plastic skin...customized to the lexus but still.
Let's stop there...
Curious to your thoughts and insights about what to do with the car. Thanks!