Lexus IS Forum banner

will the 2jzgte spark plug cover fit on a 2jz ge?

11K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  rob 2fast4u 
#1 ·
Title says it all.

I feel like the GTE looks better than the GE.. I know the valve covers are slightly different but i was curious if the sparkplug cover will fit on the GE since i feel the GE is just kinda... ugly

#2 ·
How do you plan on getting the spark cover to fit under the GE throttle body?
You need a front facing intake manifold and GTE valve covers.

Once you've obtained a front facing manifold and GTE valve covers, here is the difference of the covers mated to the GE head:

#5 ·
haha, I just posted the mounting difference so there's your research.

The GE valve covers have a "drop" in them to accommodate the overhead throttle body and intake piping. Meaning, they do not have mounting points for the GTE spark cover. Although, if you want to keep the stock covers, there are ways to adapt.

Just look at some pics and you'll see the difference right away.

#10 ·
I didn't find a clean cut answer if the sparkplug cover would fit. I know the valve covers won't but i figured id ask. Not a big deal.

Anyways i do know its not as easy as throw on a basic turbo kit and good to go. there's alot more to it and im 100% ready to build it. it's going to be my fun/project car i already have a daily so the amount of downtime doesn't matter do me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.