Lexus IS Forum banner

Fizzy's 2JZ-GTE Single Turbo Build

98K views 106 replies 42 participants last post by  Pupsik 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So I'm pretty new to the IS world as I just purchased my own a couple months ago. It's a 2003 Absolutely Red 5 speed with LSD. It has everything Sport Design and I'm like 99% sure it is, but apparently they weren't made in red? Maybe it was an individual ordered car? I'm not sure, and doesn't really matter to me, lol.

I've modded cars before, but never to the extent of what I'm planning with this. I used to have a 2006 Acura TL and a 350ZR pictured here, maybe you'll recognize them?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Anyway, I waited to make a thread until after I started the build so I would actually have some pictures to show you guys. I'm hoping for a reliable 450-500whp and I plan to build this with my very good friends and 2JZ gurus, Mike and Chris (from dressupbolts), and by with I mean I'm going to end up doing a whole lot of staring, but I plan to learn a lot! Chris is the one who convinced me to purchase and swap the IS, otherwise I was planning to purchase a B7 S4 and I'm so glad I listened to him lol.

Chris' 2JZ-GTE swapped Q45 which I shot for Import Tuner last year (currently being rebuilt to be more badass!)

Article - http://www.importtuner.com/features/impp_1206_1996_infiniti_q45/

Mike's 2JZ-GTE and rare R154 5 speed swapped GS300, don't have pics of the exterior but I'll update later!

#3 · (Edited)
Modlist

Exterior
BMW Japan Red Paint
Vertex S-Endurance Front Bumper
Custom Front Canards
RE Amemiya Custom diffuser setup
C-West Sideskirts
Custom Side diffusers
Wald Fender Flares
Custom Headlights with retrofitted Bixenon projectors
TRD Grill

Interior
Custom molded Gauge Pod
Apexi SAFC II
AEM UEGO Wideband
Prosport Boost gauge
Prosport Oil Temperature Gauge
Seats *** Need to purchase
Steering wheel and hub *** Need to purchase

Engine
2JZ-GTE VVTi Engine
Comp Turbo 6767 Triple Ball Bearing Turbo - polished/ceramic coating
Tial MV-S Wastegate
Powdercoated Valve Covers
Powdercoated Intake Manifold
Blow off valve *** Need to purchase
Aeromotive 340 Fuel Pump
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
Delta V Fin Front Mount Intercooler
Turbo Manifold
Gates Racing Water Pump
Gates Racing Timing Belt
Gates Racing MicroV Serpentine Belt
Intake *** Need to purchase
Prosport Oil Filter Adapter
Titanium DressUpBolts Fasteners
Custom Downpipe
Custom Exhaust *** Need to purchase
Greddy Trust Oil Cooler
Saikou Michi Oil Catch Can
Full Blown Fittings Purple
Derale Remote Oil Filter Kit
Toyota Supra Throttle Cable

Drivetrain
Clutchmasters Performance Clutch
Clutchmasters Pressure Plate
Fidanza Flywheel
Limited Slip Differential

Suspension
Fortune Auto Coilovers
Fortune Auto Air Cup kit
Viair Air Compressor/Tank

Brakes
Supra TT Calipers *** Need to purchase
Stoptech Rotors *** Need to purchase
Wilwood ABP Valve
ABS Delete

Wheels
18” Advan RS
Bridgestone Potenza RE050

Electronics
Pioneer speakers
USASpec ipod unit
15” Memphis Audio M3 subwoofer
Pioneer Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate Wiring

#4 · (Edited)
First day

2JZ-GTE the day I picked it up

Bulky twin turbos off!

Starting to work on the gauge pod, it came textured which I had to sand completely :pissed:

After a lot of trimming, body filler, some sanding to shape

More sanding and layers of bondo and primer later with a finishing paint layer, not bad for a first time, right?

AEM EUGO Wideband and SAFCII came in

Supra Throttle cable

More parts started to come in and the office room in the house started looking like a dump lol

Prepping to take the motor out

Getting closer!

Motor's out, now have to clean the bay of the grime and small accessories

Squeaky clean and ready for paint!

Ordered this turbo, Borg Warner S363 (63mm) but decided to go a different route

New turbo - COMP Turbo 6767 (67mm) Polished with ceramic coating

Finishing cherry on the top! Squash air freshener, tried out this treefrog brand and it's alright :pissed:

#10 ·
Haha I was hesitant to post up because everyone doing a build is like 800whp+ on here haha and nothing fancy just wald flares for now, thinking of doing something crazier like Datsun flares or something, idk

Thas a big turbo. Those look like the regular wald flares.
It's alright, might look bigger in the picture, shouldn't be too too laggy hopefully and yes, they're just the Wald flares

Looks great fizzy! Keeping an eye on this. Is this why kirill was looking for an IS300?

I'm the silver IS from Sage
Yooo what's up man, I didn't know you had a GTE swapped in your car, that's awesome!

#14 ·
Picked them up from a buddy of mine

yuppp the guys down there helped me out, but then i moved to NY. Have fun with the build!
Haha thanks man, I didn't know you moved to NY! I've seen your car in pics and stuff and love it but I honestly had no clue about the GTE! Hope you still have it?

Wow, in for the updates!!!
Haha should have some tomorrow hopefully!

#19 ·
Thanks guys, sorry for the slow progress, motor is still not in but everything is put together for the most part. We need to make the brake lines and we should be read to put it in!

Here's a pic of the motor together!

#21 ·
Sorry was logged in my friend's account from months ago^^

But thanks! I know it's not as extreme as a lot of guys do on here but hoping the end result will be satisfactory :)

#24 ·
Thanks homie

Great build Rahman. I remember ur TL from Acura site cau see I ownned 08 TLS. Cant wait to see the outcome.
Haha that's awesome! Thanks!

So we got the motor in last weekend, brake lines and clutch lines and all are in place ready to go, on to other things!

#23 ·
Great build Rahman. I remember ur TL from Acura site cau see I ownned 08 TLS. Cant wait to see the outcome.

#28 ·
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and let you know

oh my...cant wait to see the outcome of this one :O
Thanks! We're excited as well!

So more info on the build - To clean up the engine bay we decided to remove the ABS and it reallyyyyy made a huge difference. Chris ran some stealth lines to the fronts and rears, you can kind of see it behind the motor.

Mike fabricated some custom brackets and setup the wilwood proportioning valve which came out awesome. The fittings for the braided lines came in this week so that should go on soon.

#32 ·
Thanks bud!

You will need to buy the banjo fitting for on top of your intake manifold so you can hook your brake booster up. The fitting at the back is for your gas tank vent.
We were actually just discussing this! Thanks!

Ah man nice! Where in va are you from? I live in NN. Im full na built and about to go boost. Are you on the vadriven forums. Youre name looks familiar.
Thanks man, I'm from Richmond. Haha yeah I'm on there but don't post much anymore, my name is either Fizzy or BallinFizzle89 on there lol What's yours?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.