Lexus IS Forum banner

2001 IS300 (02 sensor bank 1 sensor 2) code

45K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jasonm4 
#1 ·
i keep on having the code pop up for this it says the heater is malfunctioning i have checked the ohm loads on the heater itself and they are good it also says to make sure that the wires from the ecu arent loose where is the ecu located?

#2 ·
I think its underneath one of your seats but its a pain to get too
You oughta just replace the sensor my car was doing the same thing but i had to replace 3 of them. If you just keep driving it like that then it eill mess up your Catalatyc converters and you dont wanna know the price tag on that

Good luck but the good news is thats probably the easiest one to get to

#5 ·
sensor

Bank 1 sensor 2 is under the hood.it is the closest pipe to the hood but after the cat.I have had ohm readings on the heater circuit be close..but CEL still told me it was open.mabe it opens when it tries to heat up.anyway...I had a very similar weird problem..replaced the sensor..and went away after resetting.I kinda doubt the ECU port is the cause.

#8 ·
Bank 1 sensor 2 is under the hood.it is the closest pipe to the hood but after the cat.I have had ohm readings on the heater circuit be close..but CEL still told me it was open.mabe it opens when it tries to heat up.anyway...I had a very similar weird problem..replaced the sensor..and went away after resetting.I kinda doubt the ECU port is the cause.

Interesting.

I'm getting the same code but the sensor shows voltage.

Just ordered one. We'll see if it fixes or not...

#9 ·
This happened to me once or twice, I can't recall. I just unplugged it, reset my ECU, Waited a while(I was busy at the time) And plugged it back in and no signs of it returning. Best of Luck.

#10 ·
I would really just replace it if you could. Cause if you arent having any other serious problems then i wouldnt go messing with your ECU
Bosch website is really resonable
Heres a tip print out the bosch website prices and warranty and take that to where ever you get your parts from cause the bosch website i found out is about $40-$60 cheaper

#12 ·
I received the sensor yesterday, replaced it today, drove around 30 miles and the light didn't come back on.

Sucks because I specifically bought a reader that would display O2 sensor data because I know how often an O2 CEL equates to a cry of wolf. But whatever, I'm glad it's fixed.

Densos are cheap at Amazon, btw. Universals are $40 and direct fits are $90.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.