Lexus IS Forum banner

End of an era for the ISR220. Out of the Ashes--A Phoenix Rises

176K views 609 replies 132 participants last post by  Adam P 
#1 · (Edited)
So i got a killer deal on my is300..always wanted one and finally found a deal i couldnt pass by...
I paid 2800 for the car salvaged title
03 with 45 k on the chassis all tho is had a rod through the block..car has been beating up but in some time you will not even know it..
Here some pics..

not the best pics but i will be putting up more as i rebuild this car ..

See less See more
#93 ·
Yeah! I want to see the progress :)

#94 ·
#100 ·
#103 ·
its been awhile sorry guys been trying to work with dmax and powerd by max to develope parts for the is300 but doesnt seem like with most off the haters on this site that will never happen...also putting a s2000 motor into my corolla...here some pics from today

found some more damage

sold the advans ...didnt like the red lip....i might get some gramlights instead...also looking for a place where i can acid dip the chassie to get rid of all the crap i dont want with out doing crazy labor...

#104 · (Edited)
I dont know if theres a thread already with weights but what the hell
These are all in LBS.
Seats
Front drivers.....54.2
Front Pass.....54.2
Back bottom.....11
Back top w/ head rests.....24.6

Interior
Drivers.....6.8
pass.....6.6
drivers rear.....5.2
pass rear.....5.2
center consoles.....5 but then my scale said error
moon roof unit with glass.....27.4

Under hood
radiator with fans and tank .....16.2
a/c compressor.....19

Exterior
hood.....36.4

#106 ·
yeah im just waiting for the motor to be shipped and then the corolla will get torn apart again but this time it will be done....

As for the is300 im thinking i might go widebody

something like this..still thinking about it

#109 ·
yeah if i do im going to move the body lines higher to cover handles and ill have a fuel cell in the trunk so there will be no gas door..i still dont know yet..im more focused on trying to get the cf doors

#116 ·
as of right now im trying to make room for incoming parts but i set myself back alil cause i just bought a s2000 motor for my corolla ..im lost between the 2 cars but the IS is coming into full view ..slacking tomuch on it..

Compensate with toe arms! XD
turned out the knuckle was destoryed i replaced it and now it good again..

#117 ·
a friend let me test fit his new wheels ..and i was pretty happy how it turned out

18x9.5 +20 ..im thinking of running a 10mm spacer on the rear not sure as the front yet..need to fit them with tires still..but this is where i wanna start

#120 ·
damn man, looks like a nice build. I got my car from the auction too. I paid about $4,600 for mine. Its an auto 03, no frame damage but the radiator support, hood, headlight and fender is wasted. Along with some bent a/c lines and a messed up P/S pump, messed up water outlet...cracked bumper....I might be forgeting something haha. The car runs and drives tho, engine is in excellent shape, it was owned by a girl and serviced at lexus. :)

#121 ·
I know some of the people here are going to hate this..but im pretty sure im the 1st in america with this hood set up on a is300...

after adding the vent the hoods has the weight of 28.6 lbs...not bad for a oem hood

i didnt wanna mold it cause it will add too much weight

#122 ·
counting all the stuff i have sold from this car i do not need ive only paid around 1800 bucks so far
i also picked up up my wheels for it but im going to get them powder coated before posting pics

#123 ·
NOw that's what I call taking initiative. I'm glad you did it on your own. How are you going to smooth out the edges if you're not going to mold it. +rep

Reactions: Adam P
#126 ·
thanks once the car is painted you wont notice the waves as much but then again im going to be the first to paint my is the way it will be painted..
Nice! Where did you find that piece?
its a uras hood vent ..alot of people said its going to look like crap since the hood has a bump in the middle but the vent covers the whole thing if you cut it right..
Just went through the whole thing, AWESOME!! It's gonna look great!
thank you my is300 will not look or be like anyone else here..im setting a new bar for the is chassie...stay tuned its going to be along ride..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.